Region D Tournament

BandanaVTDavis4321

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

How did that Marion team beat VHS???

Because Marion, Graham, VH, Gate City, and Ridgeview are all very close and Union is light-years better than all of them this season.

Teams better than Graham, GC, VH, Marion, and RV in Virginia are

Radford, Glenvar, James River, John Marshall, Union, TJ Richmond, Greensville County, Central Woodstock, and East Rockingham. Alleghany. and 50-50 on Martinsville and Floyd County.

For this season, outside of Union, no team in 2D is in the top 10 in the state and arguably,  ot even top 12. Only my opinion. Just a way down year that comes and goes in cycles, and D will bounce back.

45 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Because Marion, Graham, VH, Gate City, and Ridgeview are all very close and Union is light-years better than all of them this season.

Teams better than Graham, GC, VH, Marion, and RV in Virginia are

Radford, Glenvar, James River, John Marshall, Union, TJ Richmond, Greensville County, Central Woodstock, and East Rockingham. Alleghany. and 50-50 on Martinsville and Floyd County.

For this season, outside of Union, no team in 2D is in the top 10 in the state and arguably,  ot even top 12. Only my opinion. Just a way down year that comes and goes in cycles, and D will bounce back.

Graham beat Martinsville at Martinsville by a dozen   Floyd County is not better imo, Allegheny is close.  The rest of them, I agree.

1 hour ago, pdfan said:

And Martinsville beat Graham in Bluefield by about the same margin. I guess that's what he meant by saying it was a 50-50 whether they were better.

That was early on before Graham got their basketball legs.  Neither team advanced, so it is all speculation.