Marion @ Central Week 2

Wade_1

3 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Maybe not DB, but a team like Graham or RV would name the score on West Ridge. I just saw Boone Run through West Ridge like S*** through a wet hen. Teams like Union and Abingdon would be physical enough to give them a chance. 

I’ll give you West Ridge. I think it’d be closer than West Ridge faithful would admit. 

They’d start out giving DB a tough game but would run out of gas.

But what does this have to do with Wise Central and Marion?

1 minute ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Maybe not DB, but a team like Graham or RV would name the score on West Ridge. I just saw Boone Run through West Ridge like S*** through a wet hen. Teams like Union and Abingdon would be physical enough to give them a chance. 

We may get to find out how Union will compete with the large NET teams. I'm hearing Science Hill might be back on the table for the next cycle.

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

We may get to find out how Union will compete with the large NET teams. I'm hearing Science Hill might be back on the table for the next cycle.

Nothing to lose. If you Win you are a hero and if you lose, well, you were supposed to. Would much rather lose to SH than beat Thomas Walker. Regardless of how it effects playoff positioning. 

3 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Can you get good hotdogs at Marion? Not been there in a long time.

They're pretty decent. They seem to have had a return to form this year. "As goes Marion's hot dog chili, so goes their football team."

However, they no longer have hotdogs at the home side concession stand which creates a major logjam at the main concession stand just inside the gate. Poor logistical planning, in my opinion.

Marion has athletes and a loaded junior class just the vibes coming out of there don't seem very encouraging. Don't want to be Debbie Downer but I just can't see Marion being able to turn the corner from what I'm hearing. Tonight against Central will tell us much more about the Canes.

38 minutes ago, Hokie Bound said:

Marion has athletes and a loaded junior class just the vibes coming out of there don't seem very encouraging. Don't want to be Debbie Downer but I just can't see Marion being able to turn the corner from what I'm hearing. Tonight against Central will tell us much more about the Canes.

What vibes have you been hearing?

2 hours ago, Jags52 said:

What vibes have you been hearing?

Overall confidence plus trying to run a platoon system bringing mostly 11 on for offense 11 on for defense. Even the most solid teams will have around 7 two way starters. May be true may not be true. Just going by some voices located in the capital of Smyth County.

55 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Not sure about their hot dogs but if you leave early enough you can stop and get Dip Dog then enjoy popcorn at the game. 

Dip Dog stand is an awesome place to eat even hard to find a place to park many nights. Legendary place to eat and has been going strong for many years. Give it a shot if you've never eaten there. Try the onion rings to go with your dip dogs plus a banana split for dessert would top off a good meal.