Giles VS GW??

Dobb83

GW has more speed than Galax so I’m concerned about he we are going to do with containing the outside runs. We matched Galax strength for strength until midway in the 3rd, and they just started pounding us after that. Giles jumped out early on GW last year but the Maroons made adjustments and slowed down the single wing until the 4th quarter and I’m pretty certain they returned most of the kids from that team. I think this will be another good game that comes down to the wire. 

Flip a coin. GW with more team speed at skilled positions than Galax, but Galax is better up front. I think we are able to move the football. Giles has more athleticism at our skilled positions than many realize.  Turnovers and Penalties will be huge as always when 2 teams are close in talent and quality. 1st and 20 or 2nd and 20 due to a holding call can just cripple a run team's drive. 

Giles had a great defensive game for Galax and Galax never adjusted and played right into and had to rely on wearing Giles down . 
Galax uses it speed outside very seldom and when it didn’t got good yardage.  Giles won’t be able to play the same defense against GW. So it will be a different task for Giles . But in the other hand GW line is no where near the level of Galaxs and Giles will have a lot of success in the ground game. 

Giles had a good game for Galax, they were doing little things we hadn't seen on film and it worked well for a half. Coach Allen did make some adjustments for that at halftime and it showed in the second half and we wore them down, not to mention Galax appeared to come out flat against a good scrappy Giles team. From the little I've seen out of GW( jamboree and and some of the Radford game) the d line gets after it and seems pretty solid but being over aggressive against Giles and can bite you. Both teams have some good athletes this year but whichever team jumps on the other early might be the deciding factor. 

5 hours ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Didn't they struggle in the first half and come out and put it on them in the second?

Meh....We put together a couple of quick scores to start the 2nd half and Fort pretty much quit at that point. We played a cleaner, much more sound game in week 1 in the loss to Radford than we did Friday in the win against Fort. 

12 penalties, put the ball on the ground 3 times, threw an INT in the end zone, and had (at least) 2 TD's called back for penalties. We'll have to dial in and clean it up against a good Giles team that won't give us the luxury of playing like that 2 weeks in a row and get a W, and Giles certainly won't quit like Fort did. 

18 hours ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

No one talks about our D line or O line. those boys have been solid and our D ends are a handful just ask radfords qb who i think they sacked 12 times in that first game. Should be a good game!! 

100% in regards to our DLine. They've been great so far this year collectively, and individually, Green has been off to a monster start.