Toughest places to play in 1A and 2A

Optimal62

15 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Retired after 34 years, and even if I was there in uniform bring it if you can carry it ! Louder the better

Congratulations on your retirement and thankyou for your service sir.

Just from my experiences. The Cliff is by far the toughest place to play in 1A when it's rowdy. One set of bleachers and allllll that noise deflects off the mountain. JI Burton can get that way when they have something to cheer about, I've had to turn on the jets to get out of there a time or two. 2A Bullitt hands down. I've seen Ernie Hicks rock before, but as has been discussed at great lengths in many, many other posts, it will be a long time before it was ever like it was when they were really good. 

I've not been to a lot of Class 1A fields, so my knowledge is limited on those. Always enjoyed going to Ralph Cummins, great atmosphere,  but I didn't consider it tough or intimidating to play there necessarily. My vote would have to go to Riggs Stadium. That was a special place in the 80's and 90's. You knew once those players started walking down those long steps, they meant business. No frills, no flash, they just knocked your teeth out, and the crowd was always loud and raucous.

As for Class 2A, Legion Field would have definitely been up there years ago, but not so much anymore. Richlands was great in 2012, 2014 and 2016. 2018 was ok, but not as loud. Central and Ridgeview both have beautiful facilities, but the atmosphere is lacking. I would have to image that Mitchell would be intimidating for a player when they first arrive due to the sheer size, but like someone else said, not enough fans to make it rock.

I know I'm biased, but there are few, if any, Class 2A stadiums that pack the atmosphere of The Park. Hearing Thunderstruck and watching that line of players march into the stadium 10 minutes before kickoff is something else.