Bland at Rye Cove

Hokie Bound

28 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

As far as Rye Cove is aware the game will be kicking off with Bland at 7pm Friday. 

Not sure what happened for Bland to cancel game with Narrows. Good to see they are back on track this week. On the other side of the equation I'm happy for the Rye Cove community and football team. Some down to earth quality folks over there and nothing brings a community together more than high school sports. Keep up the good work Eagles!

4 minutes ago, Hokie Bound said:

Not sure what happened for Bland to cancel game with Narrows. Good to see they are back on track this week.

I heard too many players on quarantine last week to safely field a team for the game. Not sure if that’s true or not. 

18 hours ago, Hokie Bound said:

Not sure what happened for Bland to cancel game with Narrows. Good to see they are back on track this week. On the other side of the equation I'm happy for the Rye Cove community and football team. Some down to earth quality folks over there and nothing brings a community together more than high school sports. Keep up the good work Eagles!

My sentiments exactly. The only thing better than eating an Eagle's Nest is eating one while winning:)

38 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Rye Cove looks like a completely different team from last season and good for them! They should go to 3-0 this week for the first time in God knows when. 

Having good, experienced, used to winning coaches like B.I Salyers and Robbie Norris can only help a program, When I posted in the D1 thread  the words do not sleep on Rye Cove I got a laugh at icon. I'm telling you that program is on the rise. Their middle school programs,JV were very stout last year,and they are seeing greater numbers. The Eagles will be a force in the CD. It's way past time:)

5 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Having good, experienced, used to winning coaches like B.I Salyers and Robbie Norris can only help a program, When I posted in the D1 thread  the words do not sleep on Rye Cove I got a laugh at icon. I'm telling you that program is on the rise. Their middle school programs,JV were very stout last year,and they are seeing greater numbers. The Eagles will be a force in the CD. It's way past time:)

2004 was the last time they started 3-0 I think they have a great chance of starting 4-0. I am glad they are moving in the right direction its not good for a team to be down for that long. 

RCs best starts to a season were:

6-0-1 1975  Was 6-0 before a tie with Honaker finishing 7-2-1 on the year.

5-0 1989 ( Appy ended the War Birds winning streak with an 8-7 win on a Saturday if I remember correctly.)

4-0 1988

3-0 1990 and 2004

1972 they dropped the opener to Pound before reeling off 6 straight finishing 7-3.  This year they beat PV, and Pennington for the first time I believe.

1997 and 98 RC opened up 2-0 before dropping contests to Coeburn before finishing the regular season 9-1 each year.

8 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

Ok now you got me wondering , what is in a eagles nest for us uneducated heathens.

Oh my goodness one must go to Clinchport and indulge to fully appreciate it:) Ii's a big 'ol bowl of Fritos smothered in homemade chili,shredded cheeses and jalepenos. It is by far the most tasty concessions item around.

We try to do a different item for each game as far as concessions go and this Friday is BBQ themed. We do have the staples and the Eagles Nest or Screaming Eagle will always be an option. This Friday though replacing the chili with BBQ on the screaming Eagle is solid (screaming Eagle has jalapeño and banana peppers).