Giles at Narrows

nrv_football

21 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

The county clash - Who wins and why?

I'm taking Narrows. Giles will not be able to cover Crigger and IMO Narrows line play is much better. 

Narrows by 1-2 touchdowns 

Just curious have you seem narrows line play? Or you just going on what you've seen from our line so far?

Giles will control the line of scrimmage and the backs won't have to fight to get back to the line scrimmage in this one. Giles rushes for well over 300 yards. Narrows athletic receivers will beat Giles for a couple of big plays on the night. Giles 35 Narrows 20

If Giles gets some early scores we will be okay. If we fall behind early Narrows will have a field day. The last 3 times we’ve played at that field resulted in 2 games that we barely won, and 1 game where we got shut out. 

The fastest kid on the field will be wearing green and has great hands. Narrows has no run game so I look for them to pass it 85% or more.

40 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

If Giles gets some early scores we will be okay. If we fall behind early Narrows will have a field day. The last 3 times we’ve played at that field resulted in 2 games that we barely won, and 1 game where we got shut out. 

The fastest kid on the field will be wearing green and has great hands. Narrows has no run game so I look for them to pass it 85% or more.

I will be able to tell when they walk on the field if we are ready to play or not...if not it won't be pretty for us IMO 

13 hours ago, 1Wingit23 said:

Giles will control the line of scrimmage and the backs won't have to fight to get back to the line scrimmage in this one. Giles rushes for well over 300 yards. Narrows athletic receivers will beat Giles for a couple of big plays on the night. Giles 35 Narrows 20

Don't be so sure about that

I don't think this game will be within 14 points either way. Whichever team wins it will win comfortably. Styles are different and strengths for each team very different. This will be a game of early momentum and who gets mo quickly on their side, and that momentum imo will cause things quickly to spiral down for the opponent. 

I think Giles is victorious. Giles will be fine if we play a team that doesn't dominate us on the LOS or if we play a team that we are at least neutral with on the LOS. Narrows imo is not a Galax or GW on the LOS, and that will allow us to get our very limited depth defense more rest throughout the game because our O will control far more clock than it did with GW.

10 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Don't be so sure about that

I absolutely am sure. You are obviously not considering just how bad Narrows opponents have been thus far. Combined their opponents are 0-5, point diff is 36-184. Take away Narrows from their schedule and they are 0-3 with a point diff of 7-93. Auburn and Chilhowie combined has only scored one TD all year not against Narrows. This game won't even be close just like last year. Narrows gets everyones hopes up by playing a couple cupcakes while Giles has played a 3A school and the two best 1A teams in the region. 

19 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

I absolutely am sure. You are obviously not considering just how bad Narrows opponents have been thus far. Combined their opponents are 0-5, point diff is 36-184. Take away Narrows from their schedule and they are 0-3 with a point diff of 7-93. Auburn and Chilhowie combined has only scored one TD all year not against Narrows. This game won't even be close just like last year. Narrows gets everyones hopes up by playing a couple cupcakes while Giles has played a 3A school and the two best 1A teams in the region. 

I get what you’re saying but a weak schedule doesn’t mean Narrows is not a good team. It was the same situation in 2019 and 2021(spring season). They played no body but still took Giles to the woodshed. I would be surprised if it’s a blowout like last year. Narrows returned all of their skill players and we lost a damn good tailback who’s shoes have not been filled yet. And like I said in an earlier post, we have struggled playing in Narrows the last 3 times. I think Giles wins but not by more than 14.

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I get what you’re saying but a weak schedule doesn’t mean Narrows is not a good team. It was the same situation in 2019 and 2021(spring season). They played no body but still took Giles to the woodshed. I would be surprised if it’s a blowout like last year. Narrows returned all of their skill players and we lost a damn good tailback who’s shoes have not been filled yet. And like I said in an earlier post, we have struggled playing in Narrows the last 3 times. I think Giles wins but not by more than 14.

We lost a a damn good Tailback that was wildy inconsistent. Several games he couldn't do anything and others he'd pop off a 70 yard TD and end up with 90 yards for the game. What the hell does the past even matter in highschool? Tell me where those kids are from 3 years ago that struggled against Narrows? Working at Volvo or something... yeah that should definitely be a factor in Fridays night game I suppose. Look at the box score's from Narrows last year against teams with winning records. Pruett and Crigger were almost non factor's because Narrows line couldn't stop the rush which will probably be story of the night this week. Giles has no trouble against Narrows and my 35-20 prediction could be quite generous in narrows favor

16 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

We lost a a damn good Tailback that was wildy inconsistent. Several games he couldn't do anything and others he'd pop off a 70 yard TD and end up with 90 yards for the game. What the hell does the past even matter in highschool? Tell me where those kids are from 3 years ago that struggled against Narrows? Working at Volvo or something... yeah that should definitely be a factor in Fridays night game I suppose. Look at the box score's from Narrows last year against teams with winning records. Pruett and Crigger were almost non factor's because Narrows line couldn't stop the rush which will probably be story of the night this week. Giles has no trouble against Narrows and my 35-20 prediction could be quite generous in narrows favor

I understand your hatred for Narrows but geez give them some credit. 

23 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

We lost a a damn good Tailback that was wildy inconsistent. Several games he couldn't do anything and others he'd pop off a 70 yard TD and end up with 90 yards for the game. What the hell does the past even matter in highschool? 

Ever consider the fact that the offensive line was FAR more "inconsistent" than the tailback?  I don't think the tailback was the issue.

14 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I understand your hatred for Narrows but geez give them some credit. 

Although they've had a great won/loss record over the last 5 to 6 years, has Narrows actually beaten a team in that time span that had a winning record or finished the season with a winning record?

15 minutes ago, Stranger danger said:

Although they've had a great won/loss record over the last 5 to 6 years, has Narrows actually beaten a team in that time span that had a winning record or finished the season with a winning record?

The list would be super short but I do remember them beating Chilhowie in 2019. The win/loss record against teams that finished the season with a winning record is staggering under the current head coach. 

42 minutes ago, Oldindian444 said:

Narrows has the best 3 athletes on the field. Giles cant slow down Pruitt or Crigger. If Narrows can also run the ball this could be like the last time Giles made a trip to wolf creek. Ohh and were the spartans fans yelling CONSOLIDATION!! LOL!! 

GIVE EM HELL GREEN WAVE

Narrows 27 Giles 14

Giles won big last year with a sophomore dominated team. Hey, those same guys are juniors now. Giles won the last 2 seasons JV games. So where did this sudden athletic superiority of the Green Wave come from?

Good Lord

5 hours ago, Oldindian444 said:

Narrows has the best 3 athletes on the field. Giles cant slow down Pruitt or Crigger. If Narrows can also run the ball this could be like the last time Giles made a trip to wolf creek. Ohh and were the spartans fans yelling CONSOLIDATION!! LOL!! 

GIVE EM HELL GREEN WAVE

Narrows 27 Giles 14

I don't get it with the "Spartan fans yelling CONSOLIDATION, LOL"?   OldIndian, you have done got inside my head man.  Stop it.  I can't take anymore.  Mommy freakin dearest.  Good Lord.

GIVE EM HELL GREEN WAVE

Narrows 27 Giles 14

Giles didn't have too much trouble bottling up those two last year with the same secondary as we'll see on Fri?

Screenshot_20220912-184740.png

GIVE EM HELL GREEN WAVE

Narrows 27 Giles 14

Giles didn't have too much trouble shutting those two down last year with the same secondary that we'll see on Fri