Central @ Lee

Wade_1

Central definitely will try and pound it out against Lee! But can Centrals defense stop Huff carrying the ball, kid is a load and runs hard! Pendergraft has been throwing it well, and can be a nightmare for some teams, with Church playing safety, he definitely will look to be a game changer in the passing game!!

I personally think Central would of had a better chance against Union if they would of threw the ball a little more, and not try a trick play on 4th and 12, that was blew up from the start!!

The Generals got out to a quick 14-0 lead against Gate City but couldn’t get anything going once their defense settled in. I’m thinking it could be a similar outcome Friday, especially with the way Central chews clock with their offense. Time for the defense to step up and play their best game this season. I wish the DC had some more help, he’s surrounded by offense minded coaches. If they can get 1 or 2 more position coaches that solely focus on D line and linebackers they will be at the top of the district for the next few years.  

21 hours ago, #BBN said:

Central definitely will try and pound it out against Lee! But can Centrals defense stop Huff carrying the ball, kid is a load and runs hard! Pendergraft has been throwing it well, and can be a nightmare for some teams, with Church playing safety, he definitely will look to be a game changer in the passing game!!

I personally think Central would of had a better chance against Union if they would of threw the ball a little more, and not try a trick play on 4th and 12, that was blew up from the start!!

I think it’ll be respectable but central will still come out with the win. I hope I’m wrong though.The huff kid is a good athlete and does a good job, but his big games are usually against the smaller or slightly weaker opponents. I’m waiting for him to have one of those high yardage games against a tougher team like ridge view, Graham union, etc. Not putting the kid down, just saying that’ll make me a believer.  Same thing with lees qb. Good athlete and solid qb but just not up to the level of others in the region like oquinn. Lee has talent though. some good receivers and I still can’t figure out why the roop kid doesn’t get his hands on the ball more often. He’s impressed me every time I’ve got to watch him.   Don’t know much about central other than what I saw on tv last week. Definitely not as strong as they were last year. Scrappy and didn’t give up though. Union had so many penalties and dumb mistakes in the beginning, they made central look better than they probably are. Probably should’ve won by more than they did honestly. And Bbn I agree, central definitely didn’t help themselves doing that crap either. Gonna be a close one. 21-14 central 

calpreps has this one 35-34 Central in a razor close game. From what I’ve heard the Generals are fired up and having fun at practice this week and want this district win badly. It’s the last home game for the seniors so I expect them to play their asses off. Lee scores early and often, let’s the Warriors hang around til late in the game and then put it way in the last few minutes. 35-24 Generals 

54 minutes ago, generallyspeaking said:

calpreps has this one 35-34 Central in a razor close game. From what I’ve heard the Generals are fired up and having fun at practice this week and want this district win badly. It’s the last home game for the seniors so I expect them to play their asses off. Lee scores early and often, let’s the Warriors hang around til late in the game and then put it way in the last few minutes. 35-24 Generals 

Very important contest.  Could be for the battle of 7 vs 8, or possibly even 6th seed.  I think the loser of this game is probably the 8th seed for the playoffs and will make a trip to Ridgeview or Graham in round one.  The winner might be as high as 6th seed, and playing a game possibly at Virginia High which increases the chances of a playoff win (decent chance) compared to playing at Graham or Ridgeview.  So, this game is an important one, especially as it relates to the first round of the playoffs. 

29 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Very important contest.  Could be for the battle of 7 vs 8, or possibly even 6th seed.  I think the loser of this game is probably the 8th seed for the playoffs and will make a trip to Ridgeview or Graham in round one.  The winner might be as high as 6th seed, and playing a game possibly at Virginia High which increases the chances of a playoff win (decent chance) compared to playing at Graham or Ridgeview.  So, this game is an important one, especially as it relates to the first round of the playoffs. 

If Lee gets the 6 seed and faces Va High or Gate city they could certainly win the opening round of the playoffs. Not sure who they’d play next but itd be nice to get the first playoff win in nearly a decade.

Taz can't be higher than 6, but either of these can be as low as 8. So much will be decided in the next few weeks. Ex. If central loses out they can be outpointed by 2-8 richlands. Lee picking up points from r.c. and norton is about done. They control their own fate but with a little help 3-8 seeds can be shuffled like crazy. 

On 10/20/2022 at 2:06 PM, generallyspeaking said:

It was 35-24 generals in the 4th. Good prediction