2022 TSSAA Playoffs

SXSW

Another TSSAA football season is in the books. I'd like to congratulate all 9 state champions, each game had it's own story and featured two first time champions, and a team that waited 49 years for its second title.

Here are the results and it's just 36 weeks till the season starts again! Reclassification is taking place and I will post the new regions later! Here were the results.

In Division 1: Class A. McKenzie beat Clay County 34-14. Neither team had a championship game appearance and McKenzie was the runner -up last year.

Class 2A. Tyner Academy beat Riverside 26-24. It is Tyner Academy first title since 1997.

Class 3A. Alcoa beat East Nashville 45-26. 8th Championship in a row for Alcoa and number 21 overall.

Class 4A. The Mavericks of Anderson County finally won a title 34-30 over Pearl Cohn. It is their first championship!

Class 5A. Knox West beat Page 47-13 and claimed it's second title and first since 2014.

Class 6A. Oakland beat Beech 42-6 and claimed it's third title in and 7th overall. Oaklands only loss was to CPA in week one.

In Division 2: Class A. Friendship Christian beat  Nashville Christian 34-27. It was the 4th Sate Title for the Commanders!

Class 2A: Lipscomb Academy won over CPA 42-0 and lost their head coach Trent Dilfer to UAB. It is the 5th title for the Mustangs!

Class 3A: This was the game of the weekend! Ole Miss commit and MBA starting QB Marcell Reed's fumble, the only fumble MBA lost all year, led to Baylor winning it's first championship in 49 years.

Baylor is loaded with underclass talent and is QB'd by Whit Muschamp ( yes Will's son) they should be hands down the team to beat in D2, 3A next year. 

Thank for all the views and comments. I will be pulling hard for Graham and GW this weekend and long for the days of my beloved Blue Devils to be elite again. Chris!