Last week of the regular season-boys

Tigerman10

SWD

Va High has first locked up but 2-5 seems like a mess due to the suspensions etc.  Anyone got current standings? 

M7

Looks like Abingdon then 

2. Ridgeview

3. GC

4. Union 

5/6/7 Central Lee Battle 

BDD

1. Honaker

2. Grundy

3. Hurley

4. TV

Cumberland 

1. Twin Springs

2. Eastside

3. Burton

4. TW

5. Rye Cove

6. Castlewood

Hogo

1. Lebanon or Chilhowie (tied) 

3. PH

4. Holston

5. Northwood 

6. Rural Retreat 

12 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

SWD

Va High has first locked up but 2-5 seems like a mess due to the suspensions etc.  Anyone got current standings? 

M7

Looks like Abingdon then 

2. Ridgeview

3. GC

4. Union 

5/6/7 Central Lee Battle 

BDD

1. Honaker

2. Grundy

3. Hurley

4. TV

Cumberland 

1. Twin Springs

2. Eastside

3. Burton

4. TW

5. Rye Cove

6. Castlewood

Hogo

3. PH

4. Holston

5. Northwood 

6. Rural Retreat 

Mountain 7 Scenarios:

If Ridgeview wins out and beats Abingdon this week, they tie for first place and will force a seeding playoff game at a neutral site. If Abingdon wins, they clinch 1. 

Pretty sure Gate City is stuck at 3rd

Union clinches 4th with 1 win over either of GC or Ridgeview. Union is no less than 5th.

Central can clinch 4th over union if they beat John Battle and Union loses to GC and Ridgeview. This would result in a 4/5 tie and I think the tiebreak would go to Central due to their win over GC. Central is no less than 5th.

Lee has 6th spot unless Battle beats Central and Lee loses to GC, then there will be a tie breaker, I’m not sure who has it though.

1 minute ago, Wade_1 said:

Mountain 7 Scenarios:

If Ridgeview wins out and beats Abingdon this week, they tie for first place and will force a seeding playoff game at a neutral site. If Abingdon wins, they clinch 1. 

Union clinches 4th with win over GC. Union is no less than 5th.

Central can clinch 4th over union if they beat John Battle and Union loses to GC. Central is no less than 5th.

Lee has 6th spot unless Battle beats Central and Lee loses to GC, then there will be a tie breaker, I’m not sure who has it though.

Also the Mountain 7 Region Teams are clinched, seeding isn’t though.
1) Ridgeview 

2) GC

3) Union/Central

4) Central/Union

I don’t think GC can pass up Ridgeview unless they have a good conference tournament outing. 

1 hour ago, Wade_1 said:

Mountain 7 Scenarios:

Union clinches 4th with win over GC. Union is no less than 5th.

Central can clinch 4th over union if they beat John Battle and Union loses to GC. Central is no less than 5th.

This isn't accurate. Union still has RV left to play too. Union gets the 4 seed with a win in either of those games or a Central loss to Battle. If Union loses out and Central beats Battle then Union and Central are tied and split their regular season meetings, I'm not sure what the tiebreaker is in that case.

So, is this true?  I don't think GC has never NOT made the Regionals in this century?  You would have to go back to before the turn of the century If I'm not mistaken.  Lets say GC is 3rd in Regular season, this means they are in the top 2 regarding Class 2 teams in the M7, but if a team like Union or Central were to win the district tournament, I think this would mean GC doesn't advance.  If you are GC, you obviously want to win the M7 tournament, or you want Abingdon or Ridgeview to win it, and this way, GC will advance if I'm not mistaken, but if Central or Union were to win the M7 tournament, GC is out......I think.....not sure though, and it's why I'm asking.

9 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

So, is this true?  I don't think GC has never NOT made the Regionals in this century?  You would have to go back to before the turn of the century If I'm not mistaken.  Lets say GC is 3rd in Regular season, this means they are in the top 2 regarding Class 2 teams in the M7, but if a team like Union or Central were to win the district tournament, I think this would mean GC doesn't advance.  If you are GC, you obviously want to win the M7 tournament, or you want Abingdon or Ridgeview to win it, and this way, GC will advance if I'm not mistaken, but if Central or Union were to win the M7 tournament, GC is out......I think.....not sure though, and it's why I'm asking.

Yes, Abingdon is out due to 3A.

Ridgeview/Union/GC/Central have all clinched the region tournament. Those will be the 4 teams, we just don’t know what seed they will be yet. 

10 hours ago, BSG Historian said:

This isn't accurate. Union still has RV left to play too. Union gets the 4 seed with a win in either of those games or a Central loss to Battle. If Union loses out and Central beats Battle then Union and Central are tied and split their regular season meetings, I'm not sure what the tiebreaker is in that case.

It’s not that it’s inaccurate, it’s just incomplete. I forgot to mention the Ridgeview game. That is my bad.

Pretty sure Central would win tie breaker because them beating GC and if the tiebreak scenario is needed, that means GC would have beat Union twice. 

10 hours ago, BSG Historian said:

I updated my post so it should be accurate now.

22 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Cumberland 

1. Twin Springs

2. Eastside

3. Burton

4. TW

5. Rye Cove

6. Castlewood

RC and TW should be tied for 4th going into Fridays games since they split and neither have beat one of the top 3.  That being said it doesnt matter much as they should be locked into facing each other in the opening round of the district tourney no matter what happens Friday I believe.

SWD- I used Max Preps/ Bristol paper to get these games so I think they are right

1. VA High 6-0 (Marion/Graham left) They have not clinched yet mathematically but if they win one of the next 2 they will

2. Graham 4-2 (VA High/ Tazewell left) If VA High drops the next 2 and AND Graham wins the next 2 it will be a tie for first between Graham and VA High not sure what the tiebreaker is since Graham and VA High would have Split. I am assuming they will play a 3rd time to determine the 1 seed.  but if everything goes the way I think it will the top 2 spots are pretty much locked

3. Marion 2-3 (Richlands/Tazewell/VA High) Marion can go as high as 2 (Graham loses out and they win out) or could drop all the way to 5 if They lose out. Win 2 out of the next 3 and and clinch the 3 seed.

4. Richlands 2-5 (Marion) Tuesday night is a big game as far as these standings go. If Richlands wins That 3rd spot will be wide open with a path for Marion, Tazewell and Richlands to clinch a Region bid. If Marion wins then the only team that could possible catch them is Tazewell.

5. Tazewell- 1-5 (Marion/Graham) This one is interesting because Mathematically Tazewell is still alive for the 3 seed they need some help though. First thing that needs to happen is they have to win out or there is no chance. If that happens and Marion drops all 3 Then Tazewell will be tied with Richlands. IF Mairon beats Richlands and loses the other 2 then they will be tied with Marion. If Marion only beat VA High they its a 3 way tie for 3rd with Mairon/Richlands/Tazewell with all 3 going 1-1 against each other. And we have a head ache of a tie breaker situation. 

On 1/28/2023 at 10:47 AM, 1inStripes said:

On 2/5/2023 at 10:11 AM, Tigerman10 said:

SWD

M7

Looks like Abingdon then 

2. Ridgeview

3. GC

4. Union 

5/6/7 Central Lee Battle 

BDD

1. Honaker

2. Grundy

3. Hurley

4. TV

Cumberland 

1. Twin Springs

2. Eastside

3. Burton

4. TW

5. Rye Cove

6. Castlewood

Hogo

3. PH

4. Holston

5. Northwood 

6. Rural Retreat 

What’s the records for the hogo?

On 2/5/2023 at 10:40 AM, Wade_1 said:

Mountain 7 Scenarios:

Union clinches 4th with 1 win over either of GC or Ridgeview. Union is no less than 5th.

Central can clinch 4th over union if they beat John Battle and Union loses to GC and Ridgeview. This would result in a 4/5 tie and I think the tiebreak would go to Central due to their win over GC. Central is no less than 5th.

Congrats to the Abingdon Falcons on clinching the 1 seed last night due to Ridgeview's loss against Union and their win over John Battle.

1st is set with Abingdon.

2nd/3rd is still in for play. Pretty sure GC holds tiebreaker with win over Abingdon.

Gate City (8-3) Play Union Friday

Ridgeview (8-3) Play Abingdon Friday

Union is 4th

Central is 5th

Lee (2-10)

John Battle (1-10) 

If battle were to win friday, I have no idea who holds tiebreaker, Does anyone else know?

Probable M7 Conference tourney first round-Monday matchups.

Abingdon- Bye

John Battle @ GC

Lee @ Ridgeview

Central @ Union

1 hour ago, Wade_1 said:

Congrats to the Abingdon Falcons on clinching the 1 seed last night due to Ridgeview's loss against Union and their win over John Battle.

1st is set with Abingdon.

2nd/3rd is still in for play. Pretty sure GC holds tiebreaker with win over Abingdon.

Gate City (8-3) Play Union Friday

Ridgeview (8-3) Play Abingdon Friday

Union is 4th

Central is 5th

Lee (2-10)

John Battle (1-10) 

If battle were to win friday, I have no idea who holds tiebreaker, Does anyone else know?

Probable M7 Conference tourney first round-Monday matchups.

Abingdon- Bye

John Battle @ GC

Lee @ Ridgeview

Central @ Union

with a 7 team tournament shouldnt the top 3 seeds get a bye?

Updated SWD 

VA high - officially clinch the number 1 spot

Graham - must win against Tazewell to lock up the 2 spot

Marion - could take the 2 seed if they win out AND Tazewell beats Graham. If they only beat Tazewell and Tazewell beats graham it will be a tie for 2nd. Not that it really matter they will play each other in the first round anyway

Richlands - will be playing in the 4-5 game regardless of what happens It just depends on who is home and who is away

Tazewell- Can still reach be tied for the 3 seed which is a pretty big deal because that locks them into regions but they have to win against Marion and Graham even then there would be a tie for 3rd with Marion (assuming Marion loses to VA high)

18 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

with a 7 team tournament shouldnt the top 3 seeds get a bye?

Only the 1 Seed gets the bye for the M7. All the other top seeds host the first round then after monday, all games will be @ Abingdon. I see what you're saying though

For the SWD VA high will be the 1 seed for sure the 2/3 seed will be the winner of Graham and Marion in the district tournament and the 4 will be the winner of Tazewell/Richlands. That is assuming VA high beats the winner or Tazewell/Richlands. If they get upset then they are still the 1 but the district championship become for the 2 seed.

Because the M7 has Abingdon and they do not compete in the same Region tournament I am assuming they go to power points to determine seeding and the tournament is just a chance to earn more points. So GC Ridgeview Central Union if chalk holds in the tournament.

I think it is worth noting in the SWD where every is class 2 the regular season really doesnt matter and any sport outside of football. A team can go 0-8 in district pay in the regular season then win the 4-5 match up and make the region tournament as a 4 seed