Lebanon at Abingdon 4/13/2023

Rev833

It will be a dogfight for sure. Lebanon is fully rested bc last week they played back-to-back-to-back for two weeks in a row. Abingdon may still have their adrenaline going from that Battle game though. Abingdon can’t play like how they did against battle because those 5 errors will help the pioneers greatly. Lebanon has all 3  of their big arms and abingdon used up their ace last night (maybe more arms I don’t know if anyone else threw in that game). 

1 hour ago, stan.the.man said:

well one thing is for sure,  Lebanon is better than Abingdon and they DID beat them

They  have beat them twice in a matter of 2 weeks, by a combined score of 11 to 6. 

Lebanon  wins 3 to 1 and 8 to 5 over Abingdon. 

Lebanon is definitely the best team in SWVA and possibly the best in 1A. 

1 hour ago, Pioneer said:

They  have beat them twice in a matter of 2 weeks, by a combined score of 11 to 6. 

I feel like they definitely are the best team in 1a. Auburn is the only other team that comes close to their level. Auburn has one pretty decent arm that they will have to rely on all year. Meanwhile Lebanon has 3 very good arms. Should be in other 1a teams nightmares

10 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Has Lebanon played Battle?  I would think Battle with Gobble and Hankins on the mound would be tough.

No, Lebanon does not play Battle this year. I wish they did. 

1 hour ago, Rev833 said:

No, Lebanon does not play Battle this year. I wish they did. 

Lebanon is very deep in pitching. They  have 3 or 4 guys who could start anywhere around. Buchanan surprisingly isn't the #1 pitcher this year if that doesn't say something about their depth. 

8 hours ago, Pioneer said:

you obviously didn't see GOBBLE'S quote in the paper the other after the battle abingdon game,!!!   my comment was a dis on his quote!!

2 hours ago, stan.the.man said:

you obviously didn't see GOBBLE'S quote in the paper the other after the battle abingdon game,!!!   my comment was a dis on his quote!!

Was a little arrogant of him to say something like that. Abingdon gave them a lot of opportunities with 5 errors and they still couldn’t beat them. But jimmy gobble has a long time reputation of being very egotistical 

12 hours ago, stan.the.man said:

I actually did hear about it, but I didn't read it, because it sounded like garbage to me and a waste of my time. That type of egotistical behavior may be the difference in Battle winning state and not. Teams usually act like their coaches. Hopefully the Battle players don't develop that toxic attitude. 

Gobble pulled Hankins to save for nondistrict game against LCA.  Possibly cost them the game and lost to LCA anyway.   Don't know if he assumed they could beat Abingdon with other pitching or got greedy hoping to win both games.   

3 hours ago, F@lcon said:

Gobble pulled Hankins to save for nondistrict game against LCA.  Possibly cost them the game and lost to LCA anyway.   Don't know if he assumed they could beat Abingdon with other pitching or got greedy hoping to win both games.   

he is that arrogant!!!   

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Have any of y’all ever met him and have a conversation with him? Or is all of this opinion based on a quote in the newspaper?? 

I have, and sometimes the shoe fits….

You may have a different opinion based on your relationship/encounters with him which is fine, but even his best friends will probably tell you that Jimmy isn’t lacking for…well let’s say confidence. 

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Have any of y’all ever met him and have a conversation with him? Or is all of this opinion based on a quote in the newspaper?? 

My son has played against his son since they were little and It was probably every single tournament that he p!ssed someone off because he thinks he is better than them. Really hope his son doesn’t end up like him bc he is an amazing athlete

Jimmy has never been afraid to say what he thinks. His club works it’s ass off. I don’t know if there is such a thing as over competitive, but that is his problem. He wants, thinks, and breaths winning,…I respect that. He could care less about his comments in the paper or the way they come across. He is dialed in on winning each game.  

9 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

Jimmy has never been afraid to say what he thinks. His club works it’s ass off. I don’t know if there is such a thing as over competitive, but that is his problem. He wants, thinks, and breaths winning,…I respect that. He could care less about his comments in the paper or the way they come across. He is dialed in on winning each game.  

Exactly. But he is too arrogant to admit that abingdon was better than they were that day.