Ridgeview

Observer

Probably not the forum for details.  Let’s just say he lost his cool with the kids and crossed a line you can’t cross and did so in front of the opposing team, his players parents and fans.

Damn shame, because he has a good baseball mind and knew his stuff.  Anyone that takes this RV team and battles Abingdon to a 1-0 loss at Abingdon is doing well.  He also delivered schools’s first win over Central and Gate City. 
Ridgeview can’t seem to catch a break coaching wise.  I hear good things about the assistant who is taking over.

On 4/20/2023 at 8:29 AM, Wolf1207 said:

I’m not condoning the coach, but from what I’ve heard discipline is lacking in a big way at the school.  I know some people that will not work there as a sub because of the way some of the kids act. 

There’s definitely no grey area in this one.  Here goes…the specifics so no one has to guess, wonder or speculate.

Coach was going off on his kids after they came off the field.  It was in a huddle between dugout and first base. There was some inappropriate comments and then he called out two kids who were injured but were still playing through it.  One kid, a Captain, smiled and shook his head. He said he did this as a reaction because he was shocked he was getting cussed at and he specifically told coach he was good and could play through his injury.  Coach asks him “You thinking this is f&@ing funny?” And proceeds to get in kids face, forcibly chest bump him and threatens him to “Smile again.”  He then tells the kid to “get the f$&k out of here”.  The kid steps around the coach to leave the huddle and coach grabs his arm and tells him  “You’re f$&ing useless.”  Kid takes his jersey off in the dugout, packs up and leaves.  

Coach lost his shit and doesn’t deserve to lead young men.  There were other instances of berating his players publicly and inappropriate comments.

4 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

There’s definitely no grey area in this one.  Here goes…the specifics so no one has to guess, wonder or speculate.

Coach was going off on his kids after they came off the field.  It was in a huddle between dugout and first base. There was some inappropriate comments and then he called out two kids who were injured but were still playing through it.  One kid, a Captain, smiled and shook his head. He said he did this as a reaction because he was shocked he was getting cussed at and he specifically told coach he was good and could play through his injury.  Coach asks him “You thinking this is f&@ing funny?” And proceeds to get in kids face, forcibly chest bump him and threatens him to “Smile again.”  He then tells the kid to “get the f$&k out of here”.  The kid steps around the coach to leave the huddle and coach grabs his arm and tells him  “You’re f$&ing useless.”  Kid takes his jersey off in the dugout, packs up and leaves.  Said kid is a senior captain and laid out to make a fantastic catch the previous inning.   

Coach lost his shit and doesn’t deserve to lead young men.  There were other instances of berating his players publicly and inappropriate comments.

This goes on more than you guys would believe.  I could tell some stories.

16 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Coach was going off on his kids after they came off the field.  It was in a huddle between dugout and first base. There was some inappropriate comments and then he called out two kids who were injured but were still playing through it.  One kid, a Captain, smiled and shook his head. He said he did this as a reaction because he was shocked he was getting cussed at and he specifically told coach he was good and could play through his injury.  Coach asks him “You thinking this is f&@ing funny?” And proceeds to get in kids face, forcibly chest bump him and threatens him to “Smile again.”  He then tells the kid to “get the f$&k out of here”.  The kid steps around the coach to leave the huddle and coach grabs his arm and tells him  “You’re f$&ing useless.”  Kid takes his jersey off in the dugout, packs up and leaves.  Said kid is a senior captain and laid out to make a fantastic catch the previous inning.   

If this is true, then it was probably just cause.

However, this is just the latest example of Ridgeview seemingly finally finding a decent coach in something, only to see them gone in very short term.

12 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

However, this is just the latest example of Ridgeview seemingly finally finding a decent coach in something, only to see them gone in very short term.

This is one of several reasons that ALL bos and school board members need to be voted out this year. (With the exception of Hackney, if he’s running again). 
Will that happen? I doubt it, so it’ll continue. We have the nicest campus in the state , but the administration is crap. 
That goes for superintendent and useless directors of everything. 

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

It’s true.  Caught on video and happened in front of about 20 people and verified by the opposing team.  I spoke with several of the kids and the one that was told to leave.

it’s my understanding that he resigned first thing the next morning.  He knew he crossed a line.  I can’t blame this one on RV.  Tactically and technically he was a great baseball coach but absolutely didn’t have the temper or patience for an underdeveloped baseball team.  He inherited all the failures of RV baseball development that’s been occurring over past 10 years.  
If he was at Battle or Abingdon, this doesn’t happen IMO.  That being said, he is 100% culpable regarding his actions.

3 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

This is one of several reasons that ALL bos and school board members need to be voted out this year. (With the exception of Hackney, if he’s running again). 
Will that happen? I doubt it, so it’ll continue. We have the nicest campus in the state , but the administration is crap. 
That goes for superintendent and useless directors of everything. 

I agree with a lot of this but would add that they need a new AD as well. Nepotism runs rampant there and the AD office is part of that.

Simply no excuse to be consistently outcoached in title games across so many sports.  Football leadership doesn’t promote their kids and doesn’t put in the year round effort that is the norm at other schools.

1 hour ago, SwvaOG said:

I agree with a lot of this but would add that they need a new AD as well. Nepotism runs rampant there and the AD office is part of that.

Simply no excuse to be consistently outcoached in title games across so many sports.  Football leadership doesn’t promote their kids and doesn’t put in the year round effort that is the norm at other schools.

Who is the AD at Ridgeview now, come to think of it?  Kent Grant?  Is he still softball coach as well?

33 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Who is the AD at Ridgeview now, come to think of it?  Kent Grant?  Is he still softball coach as well?

Yes it’s Grant and I would add him in as well. But he wouldn’t be at the top of my list.  I think the whole country needs an overhaul starting with the school board and superintendent. Then take it from there. The problems go further than athletics even though that is the public face of the school. 

On 4/20/2023 at 3:46 PM, SwvaOG said:

lol RB always has the info dont he guy is a cancer 

On 4/19/2023 at 10:32 AM, SwvaOG said:

Probably not the forum for details.  Let’s just say he lost his cool with the kids and crossed a line you can’t cross and did so in front of the opposing team, his players parents and fans.

Damn shame, because he has a good baseball mind and knew his stuff.  Anyone that takes this RV team and battles Abingdon to a 1-0 loss at Abingdon is doing well.  He also delivered schools’s first win over Central and Gate City. 
Ridgeview can’t seem to catch a break coaching wise.  I hear good things about the assistant who is taking over.

Wow everything is a lie so funny how i was at the game too and turned around and you SwvaOG also known as Rob Beavers and your wife both weren’t  paying attention to anything he said! 

I thinks it’s so funny how people lie and twist things up really! I was at the game and SwvaOG wasn’t even paying attention when Coach Villani was getting onto them. He is from Texas Sports are a lot more hardcore in Texas than here. It’s so awful how people bash someone’s name into the dirt when he was just coaching how he’s taught not only to mention how college coaching will be. You think they’re not going to coach just like that or worse? then you’re wrong because they will. They don’t put up with the slacking, being lazy, not doing what needs to get done you’ll be gone! As for most of you people on here hiding behind a screen making fake names you’re a parent and that’s so immature and setting an awful example. You all who thinks it’s okay to talk crap and bash peoples names just remember this “Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear” Ephesians 4:29. Coach Villani cared about them kids so much, wanting them to succeed, and getting them prepared for college, he wanted what was best for them. Kids need discipline and punishment to learn to be taught, but no parents let their kids walk all over them and be disrespectful that’s why no kids want to learn they think they are good enough. You can always improve with practice. It’s just very sad to see a Coach who truly cared about baseball after NOBODY even tried to do anything for the program. Hopefully people learn off of this though! I wish Ridgeview the best of luck against their upcoming teams!