Blue Devils vs. Falcons

BlueDevil4Life2008

The Devils are 2-0 to start the year.  They blew out the Tornado in Richland.... no pun intended.  

They stung the Yellow Jackets that swarmed over from Kentucky. 

Now the game tonight is on the CW on Friday Night Rivals against a very terrible Abingdon Falcon team.  Not taking anything away from the Trojans but yeah.  Battle beat Abingdon.  

For me that tells me that Gate City is going to walk into Legion Field in front of a regionally televised audience, and probably a sold out Legion Field for the first time in forever (they are celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the 2003 State Championship football team), and shoot down the Falcons by a tune of 56-7. 

Not until September 22 and 29 will the Devils actually be tested on the football field.  

Next week they should defeat the Hurricanes by 40 as well. 

When they face Union, I'm predicting a win against the Bears because they are so young but a win at that.  Probably by 14 I think. 

Should be tested against Tennessee High.  They aren't what they used to be either.  

Only game I see being a problem for the Blue Devils is Ridgeview and that should be for the Mountain 7 District title and that will be at Ridgeview.  

This should be a very easy schedule this year for Gate City.  No reason why they should lose more than say 2 games this year in the regular season. 

Biggest battle should be when they face Graham and a chance to go to the state championship this year. That and Ridgeview should be the toughest test by far. 

8 hours ago, BlueDevil4Life2008 said:

Now the game tonight is on the CW on Friday Night Rivals against a very terrible Abingdon Falcon team.  Not taking anything away from the Trojans but yeah.  Battle beat Abingdon.  

For me that tells me that Gate City is going to walk into Legion Field in front of a regionally televised audience, and probably a sold out Legion Field for the first time in forever (they are celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the 2003 State Championship football team), and shoot down the Falcons by a tune of 56-7. 

Not until September 22 and 29 will the Devils actually be tested on the football field.  

When they face Union, I'm predicting a win against the Bears because they are so young but a win at that.  Probably by 14 I think. 

Should be tested against Tennessee High.  They aren't what they used to be either.  

Only game I see being a problem for the Blue Devils is Ridgeview and that should be for the Mountain 7 District title and that will be at Ridgeview.  

This should be a very easy schedule this year for Gate City.  No reason why they should lose more than say 2 games this year in the regular season. 

Might be tougher to get to 8-2 than you anticipated 

9 hours ago, BlueDevil4Life2008 said:

The Devils are 2-0 to start the year.  They blew out the Tornado in Richland.... no pun intended.  

Biggest battle should be when they face Graham and a chance to go to the state championship this year. That and Ridgeview should be the toughest test by far. 

I guess you will eat these statements!!! lmao,   also it was a long way from a sellout,  seats open everywhere

I was surprised by this one. I wouldn't be surprised with a 21-7 GC win type game, but a loss surprises me.  GC still I not back to old form regarding talent. They are very well coached and GC has good footvalk players, but the run of those former GC teams with elite athletes just doesn't appear to exist anymore. The issue here was Talent I suspect.

Talent for 1 game, when you have it an sneak up, it can show up, and get an unexpected win. The inverse is also true. A well coached football team with good football players, but not great Talent can have a night where Talent shows up against them.

On 9/8/2023 at 12:40 PM, BlueDevil4Life2008 said:

The season was rolling along nicely until you posted this garbage! Have you not seen the last 8 seasons of GC Football! As a proud GC alumnus you don't stir the pot, the football gods don't like it! And if you are going to be man or woman enough to make a post like this have the balls to come back and face the music! Don't be a hit and run artist! You could combine the last 10 GC teams together and still not have enough talent to beat Graham, let alone a state title!