Tazewell @ Ft Chiswell

bulldog05-CO2017

Fort Chiswell has a new coach and he seems to be having a positive impact on the program. I have a buddy whose son plays for the Pioneers & only has good things to say about the direction the program is going under the new leadership. Whether that translates to a win against Tazewell, I’m not sure. Tazewell is really lucky to have escaped Richlands game with the win in my opinion. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top. On paper , should be Tazewell but paper won’t matter come Friday night. I do hope the new coach stays for a long time, that team deserves some stability. 

FC is 2-0 with close wins over Rural Retreat and Floyd. Can’t speak on RR judging by their scores since they throttled E.Mont and gave Grayson all they wanted, but Floyd lost 40-14 to a very bad Blacksburg team that snapped a 29 game losing streak. Tazewell should win by 21+ but they don’t seem consistent and you can say the same about FC. In every game FC is in they could lose by 7 or win by 30. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Fort Chiswell has a new coach and he seems to be having a positive impact on the program. I have a buddy whose son plays for the Pioneers & only has good things to say about the direction the program is going under the new leadership. Whether that translates to a win against Tazewell, I’m not sure. Tazewell is really lucky to have escaped Richlands game with the win in my opinion. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top. On paper , should be Tazewell but paper won’t matter come Friday night. I do hope the new coach stays for a long time, that team deserves some stability. 

I like your attitude. With this said, I hope it is close and they do good against tazewell (just tazewell on top of course) but I hope he stays and they build a great program up. They certainly do deserve it!

6 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

but they don’t seem consistent and you can say the same about FC. In every game FC is in they could lose by 7 or win by 30. 

Spot on.  Making predictions about Fort Chiswell?  I've learned over the years is can be lethally wrong. FC could win this football game by 10-13 pts and no shocker to me whatsoever.  FC could lose by 3 touchdowns and again, no shocker whatsoever.   I gave up trying to evaluate/pick/predict FC outcomes years ago.

Fort Chiswell is a LOT better than the have been the past couple of years. More student involvement. More community involvement. The new coach has really hit the ground running. 

CalPreps has this one 21-19 in favor of Tazewell. In my opinion, this is the toughest game to predict of the week. I don't think we know what we have in either team just yet.