Week 4 Scores/Updates

Gridiron60

7 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

They had the best player by a WIDE margin....that alone in division 1 is enough for me not wanting to see narz again

While that is true I would rather try to contain one player and a couple of wing and prayer plays than a solid all around team like the one that knocked Giles out last year. I just couldn't see Giles losing to them a 2nd time

9 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

While that is true I would rather try to contain one player and a couple of wing and prayer plays than a solid all around team like the one that knocked Giles out last year. I just couldn't see Giles losing to them a 2nd time

This team will struggle to win more than 2 games this year....we may not have to worry about anyone in the playoffs

55 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

This team will struggle to win more than 2 games this year....we may not have to worry about anyone in the playoffs

The district seems completely wide open at this point. Grayson barely beat an atrocious Floyd team so we'll learn a lot come Fri night 

If you are Appo, you benefit not making it up. I am Not saying this is why they are not making it up. I am just saying they would likely lose to LB and you are better finishing 7 and 2 with a divisor of 9 than you are 7-3 with a divisor of 10. It's actually a huge deal if Appo wins at Radford in the region playoffs. They might outpoint an 8-2 Union or 8-2 Graham, even at 7-2 with a divisor of 9. It will be close. Whether you are Graham or Union or possibly Ridgeview, you don't want 2 losses in the regular season.

Union vs Gate City

Union vs Ridgeview

Graham vs Pulaski County.

Those 3 games have major implications for whichever one of the 3 (Union, Graham, RV heavy favs for 1 of them to win Region D)  playing in game 14 in the semi's on the road or at home. 

On 9/16/2023 at 3:51 PM, BBHoops_18 said:

Woodrow 28

Bluefield 27

Bluefield completely imploded in the second half. I’m not sold on Bluefield. Many people were predicting them to win state or get to Wheeling. I can’t see it. Woodrow is nothing special. Didn’t really look that convincing against a mediocre Greenbrier East team either.

Bluefield doesn't have much of a passing threat.  Teams can load the box and stop them, except for the occasional outstanding play by R.J. Hairston at receiver.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

If you are Appo, you benefit not making it up. I am Not saying this is why they are not making it up. I am just saying they would likely lose to LB and you are better finishing 7 and 2 with a divisor of 9 than you are 7-3 with a divisor of 10. It's actually a huge deal if Appo wins at Radford in the region playoffs. They might outpoint an 8-2 Union or 8-2 Graham, even at 7-2 with a divisor of 9. It will be close. Whether you are Graham or Union or possibly Ridgeview, you don't want 2 losses in the regular season.

Union vs Gate City

Union vs Ridgeview

Graham vs Pulaski County.

Those 3 games have major implications for whichever one of the 3 (Union, Graham, RV heavy favs for 1 of them to win Region D)  playing in game 14 in the semi's on the road or at home. 

Even with the insane rider points Union will get from Graham and SH?

If Union goes 9-1, would they likely host? Big IF, both GC and RV are gonna be in the mix. 

28 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Even with the insane rider points Union will get from Graham and SH?

If Union goes 9-1, would they likely host? Big IF, both GC and RV are gonna be in the mix. 

Union goes 9-1 they host absolutely if its between Union and Appo in the semis. I'm saying if Union has a slip against GC or RV and Union wins Region D, having 2 losses on the season, they would have a strong chance of having to travel to a 7-2 Appo. If Graham slips against Pulaski and Graham wins D finishing with 2 losses, same for them. 

Radford of course appears to be not going less than 9-1. Good chance to finish 10-0. If Radford finishes 9-1, I don't know if a 9-1 Union outpoints them. What I'm saying is, if Union or Graham slips and finishes with 2 regular season losses, and Appo beats Radford, it's still a very good chance a 7-2 Appo would outpoint an 8-2 Union or Graham. 

Appo plays Gretna next in their 4th game. When Gretnas current record is counted with Appos other 3 opponents already played, their combined record is 12-2. 

With the other 5 remaining opponents left on Appos schedule after Gretna, those teams combined record right now is 13-5 and none of them has a losing record right now and 3 of those 5 have winning records. For whatever reason, teams like Nelson County, Chatham, Buckingham, Altavista, and Dan River are scratching out wins and giving Appo major rider points. Of course, Rustburg is vicious this year and Heritage is Heritage, so Appo is going to benefit from those two all year. Neither of those two will go less than 7-3, and both could go 9-1.

20 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Union goes 9-1 they host absolutely if its between Union and Appo in the semis. I'm saying if Union has a slip against GC or RV and Union wins Region D, having 2 losses on the season, they would have a strong chance of having to travel to a 7-2 Appo. If Graham slips against Pulaski and Graham wins D finishing with 2 losses, same for them. 

Radford of course appears to be not going less than 9-1. Good chance to finish 10-0. If Radford finishes 9-1, I don't know if a 9-1 Union outpoints them. What I'm saying is, if Union or Graham slips and finishes with 2 regular season losses, and Appo beats Radford, it's still a very good chance a 7-2 Appo would outpoint an 8-2 Union or Graham. 

Appo plays Gretna next in their 4th game. When Gretnas current record is counted with Appos other 3 opponents already played, their combined record is 12-2. 

With the other 5 remaining opponents left on Appos schedule after Gretna, those teams combined record right now is 13-5 and none of them has a losing record right now and 3 of those 5 have winning records. For whatever reason, teams like Nelson County, Chatham, Buckingham, Altavista, and Dan River are scratching out wins and giving Appo major rider points. Of course, Rustburg is vicious this year and Heritage is Heritage, so Appo is going to benefit from those two all year. Neither of those two will go less than 7-3, and both could go 9-1.

Radford scares the shit out of me. That QB is as good as I’ve seen in the West in a long long time. He’s better than even Cam Allen IMO