Grayson Co @ Giles

nrv_football

40 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Any chance the Spartans pull off an upset? Grayson Co is 4-0 but they have struggled with inferior opponents. How good are they? 

Yes. there is.  Not saying we will, but Calpreps is actually favoring us to WIN the game 19-14.  It's time for Giles to put up or shut up (not that we are really talking much) but my point is, we are going to have to win some of these 50-50 type toss up games, especially if GW/Galax,Grayson are down.  We need to win tonight.  

26 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

No upset tonight. Spartans will be relying on on back ups to fill some key positions due to disciplinary issues that took place this week at school. Grayson 28-7.

Message me exactly what happened and who's out...I heard stuff but you never know if true

1 hour ago, Pickett said:

Grayson has not played to their ability but they are still more athletic than anyone else in the West IMOP.  Their defense will carry them again and  while offense will score 28

Lots of teams are athletic. That alone doesn’t guarantee anything. Grayson is missing something this season. That doesn’t mean they can’t turn things around quickly but they are doing just enough to get by right now. That’s not typically sustainable over a season. Especially come district play. 

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

No upset tonight. Spartans will be relying on back ups to fill some key positions due to disciplinary issues that took place this week at school. Grayson 28-7.

Well that's sad to hear but maybe those backups are better than the starters. 🤷‍♂️ you never know. I mean they are the future of the program. 

25 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

With the talent Giles has coming up, I’m truly concerned it’s going to get wasted. To be at the top of the mountain for so many years and now be a 3 win team year after year is shameful. It’s sad that I had more fun watching the Narrows game tonight. 

This teams talent got wasted too. A few years ago people were high on this current class of seniors. There's a couple that started in varsity as freshman, several as sophomores, and most as juniors. This is probably the most athletic as well as experienced group that has came through Giles in years. They returned their entire backfield too and still can't win. I'm not sure how long "the talent cycle" excuse can hold up

Been hearing Giles has talent for years and I belive they do. Maybe a lot of the issue is the offensive and defensive lines? I mean if the blocking isn't there then even the most athletic backs will have issues without good fundamental technique and blocking. Or maybe they are not being developed in the off season by not hitting the weights? Or just pure bad coaching? Something is not right.

51 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

This teams talent got wasted too. A few years ago people were high on this current class of seniors. There's a couple that started in varsity as freshman, several as sophomores, and most as juniors. This is probably the most athletic as well as experienced group that has came through Giles in years. They returned their entire backfield too and still can't win. I'm not sure how long "the talent cycle" excuse can hold up

This team is not that athletic...I'm sorry but we arent

32 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Been hearing Giles has talent for years and I belive they do. Maybe a lot of the issue is the offensive and defensive lines? I mean if the blocking isn't there then even the most athletic backs will have issues without good fundamental technique and blocking. Or maybe they are not being developed in the off season by not hitting the weights? Or just pure bad coaching? Something is not right.

Think it's a combination of all of the above...and as I said I just don't think we are very athletic and it shows

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Didn't say it would...but give them experience....couldn't hurt at this point

Didn't seem to help before, a lot of these current seniors were playing as sophomores and they are still losing