Union Bears JV

Yoder

15 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Very solid showing this year by the JV squad. 7th/8th grade looks extremely promising aswell. 

That Packers bunch from Pnut as well as several others...the future at Union is bright for a long time.

Talent ebbs and flows at any program, but the difference between being competitive year in and year out versus every once in a while is having stable and consistent feeder programs. BSG/Appy is lucky to have the hardworking and dedicated folks that enable this to happen. 

As long as stability meets the expectations of the interest, the Bears will be set for years to come.

10 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Talent ebbs and flows at any program, but the difference between being competitive year in and year out versus every once in a while is having stable and consistent feeder programs. BSG/Appy is lucky to have the hardworking and dedicated folks that enable this to happen. 

As long as stability meets the expectations of the interest, the Bears will be set for years to come.

Best youth program around and the results are obvious. There is always a pool of talented football players for Turner to work with.

13 hours ago, Yoder said:

Good group of young players. Finished 6-1 with only loss was at Elizabethon 33-30

future looking good for the Bears !

How did they do in their last game the other night? I think they played up at Central 

11 hours ago, redtiger said:

How did they do in their last game the other night? I think they played up at Central 

Was a pretty decent game (arguably the best game played at Central High School this year,) sad I know.

Union held the lead pretty much the entire game. Tons of talent in skill positions and line play.

Union 44

Central 36 

32 minutes ago, onewarrior2 said:

Was a pretty decent game (arguably the best game played at Central High School this year,) sad I know.

Union held the lead pretty much the entire game. Tons of talent in skill positions and line play.

Union 44

Central 36 

That’s a pretty impressive showing by the warriors aswell! 

I am pretty sure the running back for Central ran all over both first team and if you want to say they put the second team in them as well.  But again we talking about JV, Central right now has 8 9th graders 6 of which start one way or another on varsity and the other 2 get to much playing time to play jv.  Also fun fact the 8th and 9th graders when they was together in middle school smoked the elizabethon team you speak of 36-6.

1 hour ago, BKFootball said:

I am pretty sure the running back for Central ran all over both first team and if you want to say they put the second team in them as well.  But again we talking about JV, Central right now has 8 9th graders 6 of which start one way or another on varsity and the other 2 get to much playing time to play jv.  Also fun fact the 8th and 9th graders when they was together in middle school smoked the elizabethon team you speak of 36-6.

Uh oh we got another Super Team coming look out everyone 

58 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Uh oh we got another Super Team coming look out everyone 

No that what I am saying hard to predict the future with a Jv team, you can be a great Jv team and it never show in varsity and I seen some Jv teams that couldn't win a ball game be awesome when it came to varsity.  

46 minutes ago, BKFootball said:

No that what I am saying hard to predict the future with a Jv team, you can be a great Jv team and it never show in varsity and I seen some Jv teams that couldn't win a ball game be awesome when it came to varsity.  

I know it is was just kidding around with you 

7 hours ago, BKFootball said:

He had some good runs, but as far as running all over the first team not so much. If that was the case they would have won don’t you think ? FYI 5 8th graders on Unions JV.

30 minutes ago, Yoder said:

He had some good runs, but as far as running all over the first team not so much. If that was the case they would have won don’t you think ? FYI 5 8th graders on Unions JV.

I would say neither team could stop the other if you want to get real technical about it. 

At times it looked like it

8 hours ago, BKFootball said:

I would say neither team could stop the other if you want to get real technical about it. 

50 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

How’s it work for kids who play JV and dress out on Fridays???  Can you play both or are there a quarter limitation 

I not for sure but I think it may be total qtr. maybe someone on here can give us the answer to that. I know they can play both

5 hours ago, BKFootball said:

You can only play 40 quarters a year and jv counts as varsity quarters. So if you just play a second in a quarter it counts as whole quarter. Only thing that’s doesn’t count is special teams. 

Gotcha I wonder if anyone has ever abused that and got caught 

5 hours ago, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

as long as someone's winning, people will pay attention.  if you're not in contention to win a regional title nobody cares.  J.V.  should have a small post-season just within the region similar to PP format.

Seems like they do this in KY

It would be a good thing just for some young athletes to understand why they're trying to perfect their skills all season.  J.V. usually playing less games (8) and it seems to always just kind of end abruptly with no real meaning.  Playing a tough little playoff format would be good and still not over-doing it because a J.V./M.S. dynasty ain't really of importance.  Rather, just to instill the need/attitude to get better throughout the season and have a reachable goal.