WV, NC, SC, and KY Friday Scores

BandanaVTDavis4321

10 minutes ago, redtiger said:

South Pittsburgh vs McKenzie was the best game I've watched today.  RB for SP had 3 fumbles that really hurt them, 1 leading directly to a McK TD. Kid was really down, bad body language and taken out on O for a series. 3rd Q SPs QB was injured and went out, SP goes to the Wildcat and the RB puts the team in his shoulders and leads them to a state title. 

Best play I've seen all weekend was the last TD catch by North Marion, 1 handed catch and got 1 foot in. 

That catch was spectacular! Good thing WV can challenge calls & have plays reviewed. Too bad it wasn't a game winning score. Gutsy call by NM coach to go for two. 

Final. 5A South Carolina. Dutch Fork adds another to the trophy case beating White Knoll 21-6. 

For those not familiar with Dutch Fork, they've became somewhat of a national powerhouse. The title tonight gave them their 8th state title in the last decade, playing in SCs highest 5A classification.

Final. North Carolina 2A semi's. Reidsville 49, Shelby 14. Shelby was a 1pt favorite going into this game by Calpreps. Reidsville will take on historical eastern power in the 2A title game next week in the Darkhorses of Clinton High. I've always loved that nickname. Clinton High is the former school of Terry Holland and Willie Parker (former Pittsburgh Steeler). Reidsville is where former Graham Head Coach and longtime Carlock assistant Doug Marrs coaches as the Defensive Coordinator. I think Marrs is still there and hasn't retired yet. He went to Reidsville after leaving Graham.

Mount Airy’s defense held Cutler Adams to a career low 57 yards on 19 carries. Adams has 6,800 rushing yards over his 3 year varsity career. 

Adams accepted a full scholarship to play football at Appalachian State next fall. 

Bradford 22

Pensacola Catholic 21

Final in OT

I have a friend on the staff at PC. That was a tough loss on the road to an undefeated Bradford team. PC had a 14-0 lead and an opportunity to add to it at the end of the half, but couldn't get it done. Bradford scored on a 4th and goal in the last minute to get it to OT, and then made a 2 point PAT in the OT for the win. Bradford advances to the finals against Cocoa in Tallahassee. Bradford is 14-0 and a really good team, but playing Cocoa is like trying to climb Mt Everest in tennis shoes and without the aid of a sherpa. The Tigers are as good as anyone in the state regardless of classification. 

11 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Final. North Carolina 2A semi's. Reidsville 49, Shelby 14. Shelby was a 1pt favorite going into this game by Calpreps. Reidsville will take on historical eastern power in the 2A title game next week in the Darkhorses of Clinton High. I've always loved that nickname. Clinton High is the former school of Terry Holland and Willie Parker (former Pittsburgh Steeler). Reidsville is where former Graham Head Coach and longtime Carlock assistant Doug Marrs coaches as the Defensive Coordinator. I think Marrs is still there and hasn't retired yet. He went to Reidsville after leaving Graham.

Yes, Doug is still coaching at Reidsville.