Southwest Virginia Top 10 - January 20 - Version 5

Stelley

42 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham sweeps Lebanon.

Graham Varsity boys beat Lebanon pretty handily. Graham had several fouls early.

Running clock late in the 4th for a bit. Ray & Disibbio hit several of 3s. Lebanon had a few too. I’m not sure what starters might have been out.  The Reece kid played & Wess kid, they both seemed to be the better players for Lebanon tonight. 

71-43 Final

The starter was chance parker. He played tonight but was limited. Still managed to have 3-4 pretty athletic blocks. If Lebanon wants to have a shot of winning anything they need to start playing as a team instead of individuals. Most importantly, get rid of the daddy ball factor. Still a very impressive win for the g men. I swear it felt like the point guard (I think it’s ray) didn’t miss a single three he shot till the second half. I understand that some kids have an off night shooting but I have no clue how v high beat that team by 20.

26 minutes ago, Stelley said:

The starter was chance parker. He played tonight but was limited. Still managed to have 3-4 pretty athletic blocks. If Lebanon wants to have a shot of winning anything they need to start playing as a team instead of individuals. Most importantly, get rid of the daddy ball factor. Still a very impressive win for the g men. I swear it felt like the point guard (I think it’s ray) didn’t miss a single three he shot till the second half. I understand that some kids have an off night shooting but I have no clue how v high beat that team by 20.

Yes, that kid did have some good blocks. Ray has had some off games but this one he was on fire. He’s a leader on the court directing everyone where to be. That helps The Disibbio kid is only a freshmen. He was knocking some down tonight too. Graham has three freshmen & only one Senior and he doesn’t play that much. When Graham played VH, they struggled with their big guy. I thought they might struggle with the Reece kid especially under the basketball but they handled him pretty well for the most part. Hopefully, the Pioneers can learn from this game and start working better as a team. I truly wouldn’t be shocked if when they play at Lebanon it’s a nail biter. I think any given game, several teams could take win, the region is that close. 

14 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Yes, that kid did have some good blocks. Ray has had some off games but this one he was on fire. He’s a leader on the court directing everyone where to be. That helps The Disibbio kid is only a freshmen. He was knocking some down tonight too. Graham has three freshmen & only one Senior and he doesn’t play that much. When Graham played VH, they struggled with their big guy. I thought they might struggle with the Reece kid especially under the basketball but they handled him pretty well for the most part. Hopefully, the Pioneers can learn from this game and start working better as a team. I truly wouldn’t be shocked if when they play at Lebanon it’s a nail biter. I think any given game, several teams could take win, the region is that close. 

Graham should handle Virginia High easily next game since Carpenter is out for the season.

11 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Good for Graham.  Anytime you catch fire near the end of the season in basketball it's always a great sign!

It's why I picked Graham to be the last team standing in the region by a very very very narrow thin margin at seasons end. Their youth which is very talented would mature just enough by later in the year along with their athleticism to barely get them over the hump.  I will stay with this pock since I made it earlier, but it looks more and more like GC is a real problem for any 2D team. Carpenter being out for VH effectively ends their chance of a Region title. It's that big of a loss for VH.

6 teams WERE very very close. With VH and Lebanons injuries, that is huge. I don't think Central is quite as good as I thought and we are seeing separation. I think we have a 3 horse race with Gate City, Gmen, and da Bears at this point. 2 of these 3 will go to state in my opinion and I would be really really shocked if Central, VH, or Lebanon beat 1 of these 3 in the regionals at this point.

41 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

It's why I picked Graham to be the last team standing in the region by a very very very narrow thin margin at seasons end. Their youth which is very talented would mature just enough by later in the year along with their athleticism to barely get them over the hump.  I will stay with this pock since I made it earlier, but it looks more and more like GC is a real problem for any 2D team. Carpenter being out for VH effectively ends their chance of a Region title. It's that big of a loss for VH.

6 teams WERE very very close. With VH and Lebanons injuries, that is huge. I don't think Central is quite as good as I thought and we are seeing separation. I think we have a 3 horse race with Gate City, Gmen, and da Bears at this point. 2 of these 3 will go to state in my opinion and I would be really really shocked if Central, VH, or Lebanon beat 1 of these 3 in the regionals at this point.

Leb only lossed by one to Union with even more injuries than last night. Everyone should be back to nearly full health on Friday when they play v high. I’d say Lebanon will still be in the running for the region. Virginia High could possibly beat Union central and Lebanon but I don’t see them beating Graham or Gate City. Central also needs to hope that someone else beats Graham or gate city but I could also see them beating the other teams aforementioned. I’ll stick with the same tier list that I made near the start of the season.

Any news on the kid from VA High that got a double technical at Tazewell? I heard any and all ejections are 7 game suspensions in basketball. Rewatched it on NFHS. Looked like it was an interesting environment to say the least in Tazewell last week. Some fans and the girls coach went on the court during it all and looks like the cops had to kick them out. If he's out for 7 games that leaves VA High with not much size at all.

51 minutes ago, -oo- said:

Any news on the kid from VA High that got a double technical at Tazewell? I heard any and all ejections are 7 game suspensions in basketball. Rewatched it on NFHS. Looked like it was an interesting environment to say the least in Tazewell last week. Some fans and the girls coach went on the court during it all and looks like the cops had to kick them out. If he's out for 7 games that leaves VA High with not much size at all.

Double technical , geez! 

1 hour ago, -oo- said:

No he only had a one game suspension and he scored 12 points last night against Richlands. The smaller caywood brother from PH is on a 7 game suspension though and won’t be eligible till the postseason.