3. Ridgeview vs. 2. Graham

4. Central Wise vs. 1. Virginia High 

Class 2, Region D Semifinals

1. Gate City vs. 2. Graham

1. Virginia High vs. 2. Union 

Class 2, Region D Championship

1. Gate City vs. 1. Virginia HIgh 

Class 2 State Quarterfinals

1. Gate City (D) vs. 2. Floyd County (C)

1. Martinsville (C) vs. 2. Virginia High (D)

Class 2 State Semifinals

1. Gate City (D) vs. 1. Martinsville (C)

Class 2 State Finals 

1. Gate City (D)  vs. 1. John Marshall (A)

How would they determine a tie breaker (I.e. The SWD). If Virginia high and Graham are tied ( which more than likely will happen) and even if Lebanon beats Graham and Virginia High (could see them beating Virginia High but probably not Graham. Might be a closer game this time tho). How would they break the tie?

1 hour ago, Stelley said:

How would they determine a tie breaker (I.e. The SWD). If Virginia high and Graham are tied ( which more than likely will happen) and even if Lebanon beats Graham and Virginia High (could see them beating Virginia High but probably not Graham. Might be a closer game this time tho). How would they break the tie?

SWD in the past used the conference tournament for seeding. Not sure if that will remain this year or not. 

8 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

SWD in the past used the conference tournament for seeding. Not sure if that will remain this year or not. 

Yes they’ll use the results of the district tournament to determine the seeding for the region tournament. But how will they determine the seeding for the district tourney bc that’s determined by the district record.

8 minutes ago, Stelley said:

Yes they’ll use the results of the district tournament to determine the seeding for the region tournament. But how will they determine the seeding for the district tourney bc that’s determined by the district record.

If I'm not mistaken they'll have a tiebreaker game at a neutral site to decide the 1 seed and host for SWD Semis/Finals

3 hours ago, -oo- said:

If I'm not mistaken they'll have a tiebreaker game at a neutral site to decide the 1 seed and host for SWD Semis/Finals

I’m pretty sure that’s what Lebanon and chilhowie had to do last year. But what happens if it’s a three way tie (I know it probably won’t but a pioneer fan can dream)

How in the world could RV gets the three seed over Wise or Union? I thought it seemed pretty locked in at this point, the top three will be GC-Central-Union at some point. Union ran away from Lee tonight but has two huge conference games coming, at Wise and hosting GC. 

35 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

How in the world could RV gets the three seed over Wise or Union? I thought it seemed pretty locked in at this point, the top three will be GC-Central-Union at some point. Union ran away from Lee tonight but has two huge conference games coming, at Wise and hosting GC. 

Don’t see it happening but it’s the REGION tourney not the district. Placement for region (outside of the #1 seed) is all determined by how teams finish in the district tourney. So therefore RV would have to beat Union or Central in the district tournament to be the 3 seed.

2 hours ago, Stelley said:

Don’t see it happening but it’s the REGION tourney not the district. Placement for region (outside of the #1 seed) is all determined by how teams finish in the district tourney. So therefore RV would have to beat Union or Central in the district tournament to be the 3 seed.

I wasn’t even thinking of the tourney results you’re right. RV I don’t think can be the M7 tourney three seed but def not crazy for them to get hot and win couple tourney games. 

15 hours ago, Stelley said:

I’m pretty sure that’s what Lebanon and chilhowie had to do last year. But what happens if it’s a three way tie (I know it probably won’t but a pioneer fan can dream)

Pretty sure this happened several years ago with Richlands, Graham and someone else.  They do some kind of drawing and the two "losers" of the drawing play each other.  Loser of that game is the #3 seed in the district tournament.  Winner of that game plays the "winner" of the drawing to determine the automatic region bid and #1 district tournament seeding.  Both of these games would take place at a neutral site.