State Playoffs Information

Gridiron60

Auburn pulls away from Chilhowie, wins by 22  

I watched the 4th qtr of GW and Honaker.  GW with just several literally wide open 3 point shots and the ball just rims out.  It happens.  Teams go cold and 8 minutes is a short quarter, only 32 minutes in a HS basketball game.  With that written, got to credit Honaker for scoring more points than GW.  GW is very good defensively and Honaker put up over 60.  Honaker deserved to win.  It wasn't a fluke

Virginia High finishes off Martinsville by 14 to get the W.  Good night for Region D.

What I saw with Martinsville and Gretna were athletes and not great basketball players.  Both teams are not very disciplined.  They have good quickness, but just don't seem to have elite or great basketball players.  Gretna and Martinsville had their athleticism neutralized by Graham and Va High's equally potent athleticism, but Va High and Graham just had better basketball players (at least that's what I saw-my opinion).

2 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Same question for me.  Where to VH and Graham play?  I'm guessing at Va High, and if not, then surely at Gate City?

All state semis will be played at the home of the higher seed.  If both are #1's, then higher seed top of bracket hosts - see the schedule I linked up earlier.