Looking at the numbers Martinsville must have a "D

franchise

I would almost agree with you except for one thing...look who they've played the last three weeks...Laurel Park (1 win - Dan River), Dan River (1 win - Patrick Co.), and Patrick Co. (2 wins - Laurel Park and Galax). And, from what I've heard, the win over F-C was kind of a fluke...F-C had like 10 fumbles in that game. I'm sure Martinsville is going to give Graham all they've got but their stats are a bit misleading if you ask me.

BTW...Pee Wee...you've got a long way to go! LOL

I agree, Martinsville has played some teams recently who just don't have high powered offenses. As the G-Man said, the game against FC could have easily been FC by three TD's, the ball just happened to drop Martinsville's way and that's the way it was all night long. FC had a chance late to go up with a 58 yard field goal from the Joyce kid that went just wide. Martinsville couldn't stop Magna Vista's running game but that was earlier on in the season when Martinsville couldn't buy an offensive play and their defense was forced to stay in the game longer and got wore down. If their D stays refreshed with the offense staying on the field longer it may be a decent game, but if the offense can't gain anything on the ground the defense will definitely get wore down fast.

all true about martinsville's d (and o for that matter) looking good against some weaker opponents in the last several weeks. they've been less effective against teams with decent size on the line and quickness in the backfield (ex. mv and franklin county). and as for the fc game...fc did put the ball on the ground 6 times i believe, and all but one was recovered by the dogs. plus they threw an interception. however, the dogs turned the ball over a couple of times in the rain that nite as well. m'ville's lone score came on a 30'some yard fumble return. and it should be said that fc's lone score came after a botched snap on a fc punt turned into a 80 yard scramble down the sideline that put the ball inside the 10 yard line for the cavs. after the score, the pat was blocked...7-6 final.

That's right, I remember now that their only score was set up by a bad snap on a punt where their punter had to pretty much run for his life. Sorry about that. I've got so many games running through my head right now that it's hard to remember everything that I've read!!!! BTW, have you heard any outcome of the PD voting or have they voted yet??? I have no clue as to who gets offensive and defensive player of the year. I would definitely look at Quentin Preston as being the favorite for offense but you never know!!!!

gmen football.. m'ville is running a little of everything. wishbone, power I, four wide, pro I. i think they have decided to go back to the tight formations in the films i have seen on them. should not be a problem no matter what they run.

Thanks for the reply,I think that having a couple looks really helps these high school teams..Like Graham ,thay love to trap out of the bone,but that spread with matthews at quarterback is hard to defend,if matthews decides to run it usualy works well,because you know who everbody eyes in our backfield..

Graham is the big favorite in this one but as it has been proven in the past the swd has had problems with teams the farther east they go.. yeah bradshaws tough and quick but teams from the piedmont are use to speed and have speed themself...martinsville and FC probably have at least 5 or 6 guys faster or as quick as bradshaw. Catching him shouldnt be a problem but tackling him will be... I may be wrong but this one will be closer than expected.. I think this game is for the region title, to bad they had to meet in the first round... FC should roll over the golden wave but this is their first ever playoff appearence and nerves may be a problem and if graham beats martinsville, FC will have a good chance at winning their first ever region championship.. call it beginners luck... but if the bulldogs pull off the so called upset then i see the dogs winning the region because FC have had their problems with martinsville...people are blaming all the fumbles on FC's lost to martinsville, but thats football and good teams dont make those mistakes.. good teams make their own luck and it doesnt hurt to have that luck sometimes.. this is my take.. hope you agree but if not.. oh well thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

<font color="800000"> Graham vs. Piedmont District

1981 - Martinsville 15 Graham 6

1996 - Graham 40 Patrick Co. 20

1997 - Graham 38 Patrick Co. 20

1997 - Graham 21 Magna Vista 0 (Regional Semis)

1998 - Graham 28 Bassett 7 (Regional Semis)

2001 - Graham 65 Laurel Park 18 (Regional Semis)

2002 - Graham 35 Patrick Co. 14 (Regional Semis)

Yep, Graham has had lots of problems with "teams from the East" (Piedmont District). I hope you all keep underestimating Graham...they're small, they're slow, they've never seen speed like we've got...quick reminder, Graham has already played the biggest, fastest team it will see this season and came out on top 28-21 (G.W.). Keep on looking forward to that Regional Title...nothing is standing in your way! grin.gif</font>

I am not a Graham fan in anyway but I know how good they are and if you guys think you will just come in and blow them out then your in for a rude awakening. I also have watched the FC vs. Bassett game all day and what I saw was a team that handed you guys the win. So Grundy wont be a pushover either.

As far as I am concerned the records are 0-0 of every team. What happened years ago does not matter the only thing that matters is what happens tomorrow night and Saturday.

GO SWD!!!!!! Everyone here wants to see Grundy vs. Graham in the rematch for the region title last year. I hope it is just as cold and snowy lol.

I pull for Grundy myself, but I hate to say that the forcast on weather.com says that it's supposed to be clear next week and about 60 degrees in case Graham and Grundy do hook up in a rematch.

I really watch alot of high school football and GW Danville is the best 4-6 team i have seen in a long while,I used to live in Georgia and i watched a team called Warner Robbins Demons and they were always big and quick they reminded me alot like GW Danville,the way they play the game,very physical football teams,which these school are very big enrollment wise..And it really impressed me for Graham to match up with Danville the way they did.. grin.gif

GW play some extremely good teams from NC and that is basically what pulls their record down. If you give them a few cupcake teams from VA they could very well be 7-3 or something like that but they choose to play some better teams from NC who year in and year out are extremely competative on the state level in NC.

Shows how much you know.... I played in the SWD.. and I will never down them.... I was just trying to open up a can of worms and it looks like I did... I even got super coach jmarcum to reply.. I cant beleive he found time to reply, with all those films to review.. Also, I wasnt talking only about the piedmont when refering to east... sorry g-man i know this must have hit a nerve for you to reply also. Lets see... Liberty beat Grundy last year and Grundy beat Graham... Liberty isnt in the PD. However, Richlands got a good taste last year at Magna Vista. The same taste Grundy will get tonight... I'm sorry jmarcun its true... oh yes its true... Graham will probably beat Martinsville,.. I was only saying I don't think it will be a blow out.. maybe it will... we will see tomorrow... oh yeah by the way.... I appreciate everyone that replied.. I may become famous on here... p.s. I love this new board!!

<font color="800000">My point was the teams from the Piedmont are the teams from the "east" we are concerned with right now. If we take care of those teams, we'll worry about teams "further east" from the Dogwood, Seminole, and River Ridge Districts. BTW, good post...it brought up lots of discussion...that's what this board is for...and I'm glad you like it! </font>

That's right!! It's almost gametime now so good luck to all and to all a good goodnight.. To bad it will be goodnight for some for about 9 months.. I like being in the peewee league... thats when it was fun and you didnt have a bunch of old has beens on the net talking about your games!!!! hahaha I am dreading to go to the next level because I am a miget!!lmao laugh.gif