Grundy vs. Graham will be Saturday, right?

jmarcum

I dont guess Graham knows yet,They are talking about Bluefield possible playing sat.,because of Weir having to travel six hours.If Bluefield plays friday I would say it would be at 2:00 pm like this game today..As soon as I hear anything for sure I will post it..

I figured they might want to play Friday since the field will be pretty bad Sat for whoever ends up with it. Weather calling for rain and snow all next week last time I checked. Probably won't be overly bad for Friday game, but Sat. might be nasty.

i also have a question about the game. is it a possibility that if mitchell stadium was in bad shape that graham might get the school board in tazewell to let them use tazewell high schools field for the game.

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="800000">Why use Tazewell's field??? Mitchell Stadium's field on a bad day is better than the Tazewell field on a good day! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur with that. I wouldn't let a group of Chinese midgets play chess on Tazewell's field. Mitchell Stadium is definitely the better option.

I have picked up from the VAPREPS board that ALL regional finals are to be played Nov. 29. As not to give an advantage to the regions who could finish up this week.

Looking at the memo on VHSL they show split dates for Regional Semi, but Nov 29 as the date for all Regional Finals. Anybody heard anything on this?

the only good thing about tazewells field is that it still has grass on it instead of mud at mid field and on the sidelines granted seating is poor but i think as far as the mud last time i was there i did not see any which is better for bradshaw less slipping if it is muddy at mitchell stadium. that was what i was concidering. i do not like the seating at tazewell high.

[ QUOTE ]

I have picked up from the VAPREPS board that ALL regional finals are to be played Nov. 29. As not to give an advantage to the regions who could finish up this week.

Looking at the memo on VHSL they show split dates for Regional Semi, but Nov 29 as the date for all Regional Finals. Anybody heard anything on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the vhsl website it shows both Graham/Grundy and Carroll/MV scheduled for this Friday night, Nov. 21

I was at the game saturday and the end toward the new concession stand was tore up pretty.. as for the middle, I asked one of the Graham coaches what was up with the painted football at mid-field and he said they painted it to cover up a huge bare dirt spot where the grass had been worn out... lets see.... dirt + water = MUD... However the upper end of the field should be in good shape... thank goodness carlock called off the dogs in the second quarter and second half because thats the end martinsville had to go to so there wasnt much action on that end... Grundy might get the local fire department to go up there thursday night and soak it.. they will need all the help they can get.. maybe even natural disaster to hit mitchell stadium to help them..... good luck to all.. play fair.. and accidentally run into a ref.. i love seeing those bright white pants get muddy..haha (of course I'm Joking.... I never like to see anyone get hurt or I would never try to persuade a player to hit a ref... even though I would like to knock one of them out sometimes on a bonehead call... but they are human and I hope they call a fair game... let the boys play and may the best team win with no excuses... anyway you have to admit it is funny when a ref get knocked down, even funnier in the mud... unharmed of course).. .

<font color="800000"> The bare spot at midfield was caused by painting the football there back in August...the paint killed the grass, not the playing of football games. Anyway, looking at the forecast for the rest of the week, the fields are going to be muddy where ever the games are played!</font>

Wat about richlands feild then, since You dont like Tazewell?.....Ernie Hicks Stadium would be a prefeect place to hold the game if conditions dont improve at Mitchell Stadium because Richlands is the halfway point between Grundy and Graham?? Good luck to both teams by the way.....nothin like a good 'ole' SWD showdown.....even tho i dont think Grundy has a prayer of stopping Ahmad Bradshaw!!!

<font color="800000"> I wouldn't want to force Grundy to sit in those crappy visitors bleachers at Ernie Hicks Stadium! As for the field, they might as well play at Tazewell!</font>

I'm pretty sure most people from Grundy would rather play at Mitchell Stadium if the game is not at Grundy. Grundy had to go to Tazewell a few years back and play a "home" playoff game and it was horrible. I myself, like Mitchell Stadium better than any of the other places in the area, Virginia High has a very nice place to play as well...My choices in order would be Grundy, VA High, Graham, Tazewell, Richlands.