Grundy vs. Graham will be Saturday, right?

jmarcum

I agree. Whether its mud,snow,or heat both teams have to play through it and the winner deserved it end of discussion. I am so looking forward to this game. Please please if you dont have anything to do Friday night turn out to watch two of South West VA's best teams.

<font color="800000">Lance, if Graham beats Grundy they will play at Mitchell again in the State-Semis against the Region III Champion, likely Gretna.

Although you could mean that Grundy is going to win the game Friday... shocked.gif Careful now...NO WOOFING ALLOWED!!! grin.gif </font>

i have to agree about the state of grundys field houses and play clocks but the visitors bleachers and the field still need some work in the future which i feel that grundy will do in the future as they continue to win in football.

Only woofing I have seen is by dookie on Va preps. Nobody in Grundy is gonna say anything. We just want to have a good game. Everyone here knows how much talent Graham has and only want a great game.

I think the woofing theory is stupid anyways. Nobody has control over what happens but we do know that theres no point in saying anything. What is gonna happen is gonna happen.

Gonna be a great game. BOTTOM LINE

<font color="800000"> [ QUOTE ]

I think the woofing theory is stupid anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Jimmy, go ahead and tell me how you believe Grundy is going to clean Graham's clock Friday night...I dare you...be careful though the Gods of Woofing are listening! grin.gif

Just kidding with you man...I agree going to be a GREAT game!</font>

I thought Gretna had home field advantage in the playoffs? how's that work? I figured the Graham - Grundy winner would have to go on the road because they were perfect on the season? confused.gifconfused.gif

Does anybody remember the deal with the '96 State Semi's of Salem/Grundy? I was only a Freshmen then, but I seem to remember Salem making a fuss over having to play AT Grundy, hence the game was moved to Tazewell. Lance mentioned it above. Field conditions were terrible, plus it rained during the game (where as in Grundy, it didn't rain at all).

Details, anyone?

Josh

Grundy got hosed!!! It cost them a state title! That was the best team that Grundy has ever had and it ended at the hands of Salem/VHSL... Cry baby Willis White... It was a messed up situtation from the get go.... Bottom Line... Salem didnt want to travel all the way to Grundy....

That was probably the worst football game (conditions wise) that I have ever been to, the Graham vs. Grundy game last year in the playoffs was not as bad as the conditons were that day in Tazewell. All in all it was an awesome game to watch, felt like I was sitting in Green Bay watching one of those old 1960's films with the rain/sleet coming down in buckets...lol.

If I remember correctly Grundy's QB was hurt for that game anyway...late season injuries are a killer. The game should have been at Grundy at any rate.

Grundy's quarterback wasnt hurt that game.. he was hurt earlier in the season against Richlands but he took every snap in the game against Salem... including the one he fumbled and Salem recovered it to end and win the game b/c he pulled out from the center to soon... the ball was on the one foot line... So you were wrong he wasnt hurt and did play but I bet alot of Grundy fans and players would have like to have that fumbled snap back!! I dont know why he fumbled but someone once told me that the bonehead was selfish and fumbled the snap trying to sneak it instead of running to play called in the huddle... I still remember it like yesterday... I have yet to see rain like that again, it was coming up from the ground.. I dont see how those guys stood it... It was aweful!! I still think their running back scored on the first play of overtime.. and then again on the second play but the refs said his knee was down or the ball didnt cross the goal line or something like that... Anyway on 3rd down that QB fumbled and the rest is history... Salem wins 7-0!!! I still cant believe he fumbled that snap... and cost Grundy a chance to win a state title.. Salem went on to blow someone out the next week winning one of their many state titles.. Thats the closes Grundy has gotten to the title game.. Players can be so selfish sometimes.... In my opinion the qb was trying to be the hero.. and ended up a zero.. If I was him I still wouldnt be able to sleep at night... even more so this time of year when the playoffs roll around.... Did he go on the play football in college? I remember everyone being so high on him but I also heard he was a turd of a player/person... I never did hear anything else about him, I was just wondering.. wasnt his name copenhaven or something like that... hell he might even get on here and read these post... If you do, Post up and tell us the REAL story. Nothing personal but on that day, I'm sure glad I wasnt you...