Golden Wave Football

oldwave

Head Coach Greg Rowe and Defensive Coordinator Jack Compton are going to resign from their coaching duties at Grundy High School. This is really sad considering they have been together for so long and have won many games together. I just hate to see the all-time great, 1 - 2 Punch, Rowe/Compton, be gone forever. From what I've been told.. Rodney Short, Anthony Church, Tommy Crigger, Luke Owens, John Lark and John Christian are being considered as a possible replacement for the jobs.

sad day...if they get anyone, I hope it's Church and Crigger...they are both class acts and would be good for the program...Church has a good work ethic and has a pretty hard nose old school style...he won't take any crap...and Crigger would be a great fit and I'm sure would love to return home...I think that would at least give the program a much needed shot in the arm...the others mentioned would really not bring that to the table.

I like Plymal, but I'd rather see him go to another school where he could be more productive and his style of offense is a better fit...I've always thought Abingdon would be a perfect fit for Plymal.

I think if Rowe and Compton go, they need to bring in some new blood and start a legit rebuild of the lower grade programs as well...the problem is not at the high school level...the problem is grades 4-9...they need to get that fixed so more kids actually get to play and learn the game.

It dont matter if they bring in Bill Parcells. Coaching is not the problem. They need to go ahead and combine Grundy, Hurley, and Twin Valley to make a good squad. Te combined record of the three county schools were 4-26 this year. the enrollment has dropped and the schools are having trouble finding talent. 5 to 10 years ago this wasnt a problem. Grundy and Hurley would reach the playoffs year in and year out and now they have trouble fielding a squad. plus, its a different breed af kids and a different generation. Plymal would be the best fit for the program. he has a good relationship with the kids and has the most experience left on the staff.

[ QUOTE ]

Head Coach Greg Rowe and Defensive Coordinator Jack Compton are going to resign from their coaching duties at Grundy High School. This is really sad considering they have been together for so long and have won many games together. I just hate to see the all-time great, 1 - 2 Punch, Rowe/Compton, be gone forever. From what I've been told.. Rodney Short, Anthony Church, Tommy Crigger, Luke Owens, John Lark and John Christian are being considered as a possible replacement for the jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now see what you done and got started.....lol.

no - i heard both have applied for the holston job...i think most of his family, as well as scammell, live in abingdon, so he may not want to move back to grundy. who knows - i hope the new coach takes grundy back to the top though