-Narrows over Bath County

-Bland/Rocky Gap over Northwood

D-1 Region D

-Twin Springs over Pocahontas

-Appalachia over J.I. Burton

Thanks.

http://www.cougarfootball.net/vhsl_playoffs/index.htm

[ QUOTE ]

I remember that Richlands - Lee game fondly.

Jeremy McCommons ran wild that day on Lee.

Hadn't Lee beat Richlands just a few weeks before that??

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't remember much of anything about Lee's years until about 97, a little too young. All I know is that was when Pendergraft, Johnson, and Young played lol. Pendergraft still holds the passing records and Johnson is still 2nd tackles.

Pendergraft did set a game record with 4 touchdowns against Richlands in '94 and seeing how they only scored 23 in the playoff game from the sources I looked at, I'm guessing it was in the one you are referring too.

yeah the richlands/lee game in the reg season '94 was more like a barn burner i think it was like 48-45 lee won and then maybe 2 weeks later in the playoffs Jermey McCommins just went off scored on a kickoff and ran for over 200 yds and a couple of tds, the next week i remember blacksburg indians at the time ripped Steve Dyes jersey off and he wore #9 most of the game and they almost pulled that one off

Actually, it was Darrell Blankenburger that returned that opening kickoff for a TD. That was the game when we broke out the Silver jerseys. The fans went nuts. We scored 66 points and at that time it was a Regional playoff record. I think it stands as the most points scored in a playoff game by a Richlands team. That team was special. We just didn't get it done. It had as much or more talent than the '92 team. We didn't have the biggest O-Line in the state. But, McCommons, Tony Cordle, Jason Lester or Stevie Dye didn't complain. We ripped holes open all season long out of that Power-I.

That is the game that Snake palmer called some fan out and told him to come down out of the stands if he thought he could do any better. I think it was one of those LL coaches I think he was a CB Blue devil coach.

Two weeks before the 66-23 game. Lee had beaten us 48-45. That was the game that Stevie Dye threw for 384 yards (I think that's right) and 6 TD's. Brent Charles and Jamie Altizer had big games at the receiver spots. I think we were down 30-6 at the half (That may not be right but its close) I remember people saying that was the best high school game they ever watched.

[ QUOTE ]

That is the game that Snake palmer called some fan out and told him to come down out of the stands if he thought he could do any better. I think it was one of those LL coaches I think he was a CB Blue devil coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be the one.

Lebanon 26

George Wythe 21

GW scored twice in the 4th to take 1 point lead with like 10 seconds left. time for one play after the kick. Fake reverse 80 yards for the game winner. don't think there even was an extra point try.

It came back around on Lebanon two weeks later. missed a 2 point conversion with under a minute left to lose 34-33 to T. Jones and the PV boys. The best high school game in my memory.

Guest Woolybugger

Bburg 41, Grundy 6

Lebanon 28, George Wythe 21

Giles 17, Radford 14

Narrows 44, Bath County 3

Bland County 41, Northwood 12

Twin Springs 14, Pocahontas 3

Appalachia 34, JI Burton 18

Powell Valley 35, Clintwood 14

Haysi 25, Coeburn 20

I remember that Bath Co game in 94. Best team Narrows had in quite some time. Everyone went into that game thinking Bath had the upper hand. It was over by midway through the second quarter. If I'm not mistaken, Narrows scored something like 28 points in a 6-8 minute span.