SWD Next Year?

grundysports

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

in my humble opinion richlands will be a far bigger favorite to win the swd (actually the region also)than they were either of the past 2 years

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands wasnt the favorite to win the district or region in 2004.....they did, which is all that matters but just to clarify your errored post......also if martinsville is dropping to D3(following rhs's "cant beat em, drop down a division attitude") martinsville if they are in region 4, may be a problem for any region 4 D3 team.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

in my humble opinion richlands will be a far bigger favorite to win the swd (actually the region also)than they were either of the past 2 years

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands wasnt the favorite to win the district or region in 2004.....they did, which is all that matters but just to clarify your errored post......also if martinsville is dropping to D3(following rhs's "cant beat em, drop down a division attitude") martinsville if they are in region 4, may be a problem for any region 4 D3 team.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i was meaning the past 2 seasons (2005,2006).....you are right that martinsville may be one of the top contenders for the region 4 title but they did lose both of the hairstons....and coaching could be a concern for them......i just do not see swd teams that couldn't score on richlands this year scoring against the rhs defense next year with so many defensive players returning.....(not to mention that both t-well and graham lose a ton of offensive starters)

[ QUOTE ]

also if martinsville is dropping to D3(following rhs's "cant beat em, drop down a division attitude") martinsville if they are in region 4, may be a problem for any region 4 D3 team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it so difficult for you to understand that teams have no say in which division they are placed in?

[ QUOTE ]

Dosent graham lose all there talent after this season? Both running backs brown and the other dude. There FB berreras, josh broyles...

I mean, its a rebuilding season for them. Especially in the backfield. I could be wrong though

[/ QUOTE ]

of course not.barreras is a JRr cole is a SO we have a great bunch of players coming back that started playing some good football toward the end of the season.our SRs this year are gonna be missed sure but we dont rebuild as much as other teams have to Graham just regroups its young players and wont put 11 inexperienced players on the field.we have some quality players coming back.i look for another good Graham season in 2007.will it be a great season?who knows possibly.

[ QUOTE ]

Greg probably wants to have Joel start as well, and might even have Austin start the season and then move Joel in. Greg knows what he is doing, haha I will just leave it up to him! Good thing is if Austin does start at QB (and I think he will) he will get his hands on the ball every offensive snap. Already talking lineups, geeez I don't know if I can wait 8 months!!

[/ QUOTE ]

he is the best player on their team! if they dont start him then they will have lost their minds.. imagine playing him as Qb in a spread o and using him like WVU uses Pat White... i think he should get mad and move to tazewell.. then yall can start elswick.........lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Greg probably wants to have Joel start as well, and might even have Austin start the season and then move Joel in. Greg knows what he is doing, haha I will just leave it up to him! Good thing is if Austin does start at QB (and I think he will) he will get his hands on the ball every offensive snap. Already talking lineups, geeez I don't know if I can wait 8 months!!

[/ QUOTE ]

he is the best player on their team! if they dont start him then they will have lost their minds.. imagine playing him as Qb in a spread o and using him like WVU uses Pat White... i think he should get mad and move to tazewell.. then yall can start elswick.........lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha nah I think we will try to keep around Richlands!!!! I am sure he will play QB, just hate to see him out of the receiver core. Any new laws passed on cloning recently? Hahaha

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

also if martinsville is dropping to D3(following rhs's "cant beat em, drop down a division attitude") martinsville if they are in region 4, may be a problem for any region 4 D3 team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it so difficult for you to understand that teams have no say in which division they are placed in?

[/ QUOTE ]

i just did it to see if anyone would notice...sorry buddy lol

[ QUOTE ]

I thought Graham graduated nearly everyone this year? Am I just confused?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said the same thing about Richlands a couple of years ago.but we have some young guys who have been playing alot.Graham will be better than everyone thinks.but Richlands is gonna be top dog til they get beat.will they lose a district game this year?who knows.possibly they will and possibly they wont.but i dont expect them to beat all the SWD teams by 20 points.i mean come on.no matter how teams are down or whatever when the SWD teams play each other you can throw records out the window.i expect the SWD to be more competitive this year than its been in a while.but looking forward to august it will be here before you know it.

i honestly believe that richlands won't have any competition in the swd next year......richlands returns more starters than they have either of the last 2 years and tazewell and graham lost alot of linemen and their best skill position players....with all the returning experience on the richlands defense I don't see graham or tazewell being able to score.....heck, both graham and tazewell only managed 3 first downs apiece in their last game against richlands....

who cares, and this isnt personal bud im just tired of hearing about past records and who's got who comming back because it really dosent mean a thing, wanna know why, because who ever shows up to play every game regaurdless of what team it is, that team will lead the district dont belive me hide and watch because its not gonna be the same forever.

[ QUOTE ]

who cares, and this isnt personal bud im just tired of hearing about past records and who's got who comming back because it really dosent mean a thing, wanna know why, because who ever shows up to play every game regaurdless of what team it is, that team will lead the district dont belive me hide and watch because its not gonna be the same forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every body is 0-0 come August...youre right,it's who worked the hardest and wants it more that will add to the left of the column..

[ QUOTE ]

its like i said over and over..."IF" tazewell can replace the o line than they will be hard to beat. matt and raz will be hard to stop by anyone in the state

[/ QUOTE ]

amen. i hear these 2 young men are workin hard already to get ready for next season

• 2 weeks later...

well graham is also coming back with some players....we may not have 18 seniors again but im sure that the g-men will do great....the back field will be barreras,scott,jeffers,and lane (great run tactic) the line is huge, mooney,halsey,baily,B.scott they will be good...Cole had his soph. slump he will be fine,what an arm that kid has, defense will have from what ive heard, barreras,scott boys,jeffers,alex brown,casey barreras and tony barreras and im not sure who else......thats a pretty big and athletic lineup

[ QUOTE ]

i honestly believe that richlands won't have any competition in the swd next year......richlands returns more starters than they have either of the last 2 years and tazewell and graham lost alot of linemen and their best skill position players....with all the returning experience on the richlands defense I don't see graham or tazewell being able to score.....heck, both graham and tazewell only managed 3 first downs apiece in their last game against richlands....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I honestly belive Ricklands will miss Mcraken more then what you guys think!!!