SWD Next Year?

grundysports

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I think im going to go on a limb here and say Grundy will be competitive to ALL SWD teams next year....i might eat my words, and wouldnt doubt it a bit lol but i think with the shit ppl have given them(i myself am guilty) and with the embarrasing yet learning season last year that they will learn from the mistakes and surprise quite a few ppl...id like to see them surprise me. No i dnt like Grundy and no im not having sympathy for them...but if i was an underclassmen from this years team...id be one pissed of S.O.B. and my buddies would be too ready to come out and bust heads...but im not im from RIchlands. GO BLUES.lol

[/ QUOTE ]

you pretty much put how all of us Feel in a nutshell my friend

[ QUOTE ]

I might be wrong but Richlands could be one Key player from going 10-0 next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

in my opinion a better question is....will richlands make it to 13 - 0 next season??......they return 6 players on defense who started in the state championship game plus chase fuller (starter before injury) and jeremy blankenship (played big in state semi and championship with 2 int's)....throw in derrick jackson who played aton and next year's defense should be one of the best ever (at rhs).....considering graham and tazewell lost so much off of their offensive lines and only mustered 3 first downs apiece their last games against the rhs defense i don't see'em scoring next year against the blues.....

on offense austin fuller at qb (i'm assuming) with matt davis, romulo farhardo, sizemore, wicks, (i'm sure there are others) as receivers with alot of size on the offensive line......i don't see scoring being a problem......the biggest concern to me is an injury to fuller

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I might be wrong but Richlands could be one Key player from going 10-0 next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

in my opinion a better question is....will richlands make it to 13 - 0 next season??......they return 6 players on defense who started in the state championship game plus chase fuller (starter before injury) and jeremy blankenship (played big in state semi and championship with 2 int's)....throw in derrick jackson who played aton and next year's defense should be one of the best ever (at rhs).....considering graham and tazewell lost so much off of their offensive lines and only mustered 3 first downs apiece their last games against the rhs defense i don't see'em scoring next year against the blues.....

on offense austin fuller at qb (i'm assuming) with matt davis, romulo farhardo, sizemore, wicks, (i'm sure there are others) as receivers with alot of size on the offensive line......i don't see scoring being a problem......the biggest concern to me is an injury to fuller

[/ QUOTE ]

mance is going to put a 1st team all state WR at qb???

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mance is going to put a 1st team all state WR at qb???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that doesn't make much sense to me either.

Austin can catch pretty much anything and everything thrown to his general area. I don't think it will matter who plays QB for RHS, just as long as Austin can get enough seperation from the corners.

Fuller can be just as dangerous at QB but I think Elswick will take the job. He'll benefit from camps and 7 on 7. I think Addison will play WR with Schwiengruber and Sizemore in the mix at TB.

Interview that Rocky and I did with Austin he indicated that he would be the QB next year. Of course that could easily change, but I think for right now the coaches and Austin are sold on him being the starting QB. We will see.

its a tough call for me. an all state reciever is no good if the qb cant get him the ball. whereas austin is a threat everytime he touches the ball running or throwing. the big question will be how much stronger, faster, bigger elswic gets in the off season. he shows poise, makes good reads and has a nice "touch" on the ball. his over all strength and ability to run around or over people may the question,and that can be answerwed in the weight room.

[ QUOTE ]

its a tough call for me. an all state reciever is no good if the qb cant get him the ball. whereas austin is a threat everytime he touches the ball running or throwing. the big question will be how much stronger, faster, bigger elswic gets in the off season. he shows poise, makes good reads and has a nice "touch" on the ball. his over all strength and ability to run around or over people may the question,and that can be answerwed in the weight room.

[/ QUOTE ]

how effective can he be if he has no one to catch his passes??

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't trouble yourself Dawgs, there is no shortage of pass catchers.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't trouble yourself Dawgs, there is no shortage of pass catchers.

[/ QUOTE ]

with arms graduating and fuller possibly moving to qb there goes the two leading receivers from this year. I'm sure they can put someone at wideout but the question is are they gonna be good enough to run that spread offense?? It will be hard to beat what fuller and arms did this year, i dont see rhs doing it again next year.

The question last year was "who will replace Rob Stanton?" They've been grooming receivers for a while now. There will be no shortage of candidates. The questions on offense are QB, RB and offensive line, and those questions have multiple and capable answers.

[ QUOTE ]

The question last year was "who will replace Rob Stanton?" They've been grooming receivers for a while now. There will be no shortage of candidates. The questions on offense are QB, RB and offensive line, and those questions have multiple and capable answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess we will see.

Well u got to look...Davis is a great reciever he just didnt get the ball much cause Austin is soo damn good..and then Fajardo is quick with good hands and will be a great kicker and Safety next year. Wicks is a stud, he might not have great hands but if he works hard enough from now till August and then on he will be a tough mofo to bring down if he gets the ball, and then ya got Addison in my opinion if AUtin is QB will be his main go to guy along with Davis...then you've got like BigD said Kheven and Sizemore running with id say when ones at RB the other will be a WR...and on the line you will see Pruett,Fuller, Chad Davis, Britt Altizer and the last Olineman would be quiestionable..id say it will be between Nathan Mitchell (aka Budah) or Roy Christian if he gets healthy from that MCL injury form the state game. I think another good group of linemen coming into the o7 campaign. Defense im not worried about and have very good confidence in.

[ QUOTE ]

Well u got to look...Davis is a great reciever he just didnt get the ball much cause Austin is soo damn good..and then Fajardo is quick with good hands and will be a great kicker and Safety next year. Wicks is a stud, he might not have great hands but if he works hard enough from now till August and then on he will be a tough mofo to bring down if he gets the ball, and then ya got Addison in my opinion if AUtin is QB will be his main go to guy along with Davis...then you've got like BigD said Kheven and Sizemore running with id say when ones at RB the other will be a WR...and on the line you will see Pruett,Fuller, Chad Davis, Britt Altizer and the last Olineman would be quiestionable..id say it will be between Nathan Mitchell (aka Budah) or Roy Christian if he gets healthy from that MCL injury form the state game. I think another good group of linemen coming into the o7 campaign. Defense im not worried about and have very good confidence in.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you play?? or are you out of school?

[ QUOTE ]

Graduated last year played 4 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh thats cool.....i graduated from tazewell in 00 and played 4 years.....lol....we were 1-3 against rhs....but undefeated in JV against them.....its weird how things can be so different from JV to varsity.

Yea i know...in 8th grade we won one game and that was againt V-high...went 1-9..then in my first year of JV we had 3 games so i got pissed cause all we were was dummys for varisty and couldnt get any games except 2 against tazewell and one against graham and i think we lost all 3 then my 2nd year we won 3 of 6 games and then my senior year amazingly enough went 13-1 which everyone knows and got our asses kicked by TA. Nobody but our parents thought we would have anything cause we "sucked" for many years but pulled it together the last 2 years...so yes it is crazy how things go .

there used to be really horrible schedules when i played jv.....some weeks we would have JV games on monday, wednesday, and thursday nites and then have the varsity game on friday nite.....it was crazy but i loved it bc we rarely had to practice....and plus my freshmen and soph years the varsity team sucked bad and all of us younger guys got alot of playing time.

Yea well in Richlands we had to practice with the varsity team and then 35 minutes b4 the game get ready for the game lol thats prolly why we lost cause we were so freakin tired but i dnt regret any moment of high school football besides quitin my freshman year.

there's a few guys from richlands who play football on my team in pctn every year.....they're real smart and very fundamental...they have good coaching down there, thats what makes the difference between 8-3 and 14-0.....tazewell has a good coach but i just dont think he knows where to put his players and our offensive imagination is downright awful.....i think the pee wee leagues run more imaginative offenses....lol