SWD Next Year?

grundysports

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I know you don't know the whole team.but you can for get #11 jonathan brewster..hard hitter.never gives up on a play

[/ QUOTE ]

Def. cannot forget brewster....great kid with some speed and does not give up at all

[ QUOTE ]

It's not the Qb that we will be missing, it's the fact that Austin will leave the WR postion. Austin has all the abilits that Mccraken had plus more speed.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll believe that when he shows it on the field....mccracken will be hard to top

austin fuller is the real deal..hes proven his self for the past 2 years...hes going to be one of the biggest prospects around here...hes a true athlete that can play anywhere and any position...hes a leader and with a great attitude....most guys when they make a big hit they run their mouth to the player but austin helps the guy back up...thats a good athlete...

[ QUOTE ]

1.Richlands

2.Graham

3.Tazewell

4.Marion

5.Carrol Co.

6.Abingdon

7.Grundy

Thats more realistic...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think carroll could surprise everyone this year. also we got a transfer from surry i havent met him yet or anything just heard things. supposedly he was there QB idk heard he can play any position on the field except O-line and D-line. coach said he is strong very strong in the weightroom too. i think he was just surry's best athlete and thats why they put him at quarterback but thats just a guess. i dont really know details for all i know it could be all talk and he sucks i guess we'll see

[ QUOTE ]

I agree. They could be no. 2 there. Think they can bring it / i would like to the the dawgs twist up the swva a lil bit!

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely.. Richlands had a great quarterback, not saying fuller isnt good, but hell never be McCracken, nor addison even close to jennings, they will have a little more trouble putting the ball in the endzone than everybody thinks.

No he won't be McCracken. He'll be Austin Fuller. McCracken was the best passing QB in RHS history. Timmy Brown was the most athletic QB in RHS history. By the time Fuller is done he could be both.

Addison will probably stay at WR with Schweingruber stepping in at tailback.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I agree. They could be no. 2 there. Think they can bring it / i would like to the the dawgs twist up the swva a lil bit!

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely.. Richlands had a great quarterback, not saying fuller isnt good, but hell never be McCracken, nor addison even close to jennings, they will have a little more trouble putting the ball in the endzone than everybody thinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

richlands fans have already seen a preview of fuller at qb (during mop up time) over the last 2 years and that is why you see so many posts praising his potential.....i stated before last season that the 2nd best qb in the district was playing wide receiver for richlands and this coming season fuller should be hell on wheels....he may very well be the most athletic player to ever play for richlands......i know just by watching warmups that his armstrength is very close to mccrackin........i think a 66% completion by fuller (as mccrackin had) may be hard to pull off (especially since fuller can't throw it and catch it at the same time) but it sure wouldn't surprise me if he rushed for well over 1000 yards from the qb position......ask anyone in richlands, they are expecting massive things from fuller...i'm sure some of the folks from tazewell and graham may have seen a glimpse of the future on the long pass from fuller to arms in the state championship game....he threw a bullet

you cant count on any one thing...there are things we do not see coming...freshmen and sophomores stepping up into big roles...injuries messing up starters....nothing is a given on who will be the best or anything...you never know what will happen

Watching Richlands the last two or three years the thing I notice about their success is the program as well as the players. From the pee wees up to the High School coaching staffs these guys are finding the talent and developing it. True, it will be very hard to replace the duo of McCracken and Jennings and they have set the bar very high. As long as the coaching staff stays together and the community keeps doing its thing Richlands has a pretty good formula going.

If you watch high school football in Richlands you know what Austin can do. What will be just as fun to watch is seeing who will step up to the bar set before them and reach for it, they are there.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

richlands fans have already seen a preview of fuller at qb (during mop up time) over the last 2 years and that is why you see so many posts praising his potential.....i stated before last season that the 2nd best qb in the district was playing wide receiver for richlands and this coming season fuller should be hell on wheels....he may very well be the most athletic player to ever play for richlands......i know just by watching warmups that his armstrength is very close to mccrackin........i think a 66% completion by fuller (as mccrackin had) may be hard to pull off (especially since fuller can't throw it and catch it at the same time) but it sure wouldn't surprise me if he rushed for well over 1000 yards from the qb position......ask anyone in richlands, they are expecting massive things from fuller...i'm sure some of the folks from tazewell and graham may have seen a glimpse of the future on the long pass from fuller to arms in the state championship game....he threw a bullet

[/ QUOTE ]

its not hard to throw a bullet, its the precision passing that mccracken had and fuller doesnt, hell make some great passes dont get me wrong but mccracken was a on the swival quarterback. Thats what u need to have a good passing game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i honestly believe that richlands won't have any competition in the swd next year......richlands returns more starters than they have either of the last 2 years and tazewell and graham lost alot of linemen and their best skill position players....with all the returning experience on the richlands defense I don't see graham or tazewell being able to score.....heck, both graham and tazewell only managed 3 first downs apiece in their last game against richlands....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I honestly belive Ricklands will miss Mcraken more then what you guys think!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, richlands is loosing there bread and butter, fuller was a good wide reciever, but mostly because mccracken put the ball perfect in stride every time..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i honestly believe that richlands won't have any competition in the swd next year......richlands returns more starters than they have either of the last 2 years and tazewell and graham lost alot of linemen and their best skill position players....with all the returning experience on the richlands defense I don't see graham or tazewell being able to score.....heck, both graham and tazewell only managed 3 first downs apiece in their last game against richlands....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I honestly belive Ricklands will miss Mcraken more then what you guys think!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, richlands is loosing there bread and butter, fuller was a good wide reciever, but mostly because mccracken put the ball perfect in stride every time..

[/ QUOTE ]

Fuller is better than a good WR, he is a great WR. As far as him being the QB, he will be just fine in replacing McCracken. He's got the arm and the feet to be maybe the one of the best RHS has ever seen. I think he could rush for 1000 and pass for a 1000 yards in a season. Has that ever been done before at Richlands?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fuller is better than a good WR, he is a great WR. As far as him being the QB, he will be just fine in replacing McCracken. He's got the arm and the feet to be maybe the one of the best RHS has ever seen. I think he could rush for 1000 and pass for a 1000 yards in a season. Has that ever been done before at Richlands?

[/ QUOTE ]

o.k. buddy, if u think!! lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....thats what i was thinkin.....it may happen though, depends on how well rhs's competition turns out to be next year.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....thats what i was thinkin.....it may happen though, depends on how well rhs's competition turns out to be next year.....

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I don't expect the competition to be much. And if he does make it to those two milestones, you can say you heard it hear first...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dawgs05 and youself act like you know so much about Austin Fuller and the Richlands program, but honestly how many games did you watch Richlands play last season? And besides the 2 quarters of mop-up duty Austin Fuller had against your Bulldogs last season how much have you seen him play? I'm not here to say he is the greatest player of all time, even though he may turn out to be that, but seriously you two act like you watched him all season. While in all reality you porbably saw him play once, maybe even twice.

Just ignore them. They are going to make negative remarks about Richlands no matter what. A year from now they'll be saying Richlands won't be able to score because X is no Austin Fuller. People said the same thing when Thad Wells took over for Timmy Brown and when McCracken took over for Wells.