Graham v Blacksburg.....

ghs70

I don't know what the Bruins have back this year from last years team. But I hope that Graham can improve on their loss last week to the Beavers. Graham has the chance of being an awesome team. With the power Remines has shown in the past two games it seems like he will be the Go-To guy for passing. Henderson and Henry are great running backs. Henderson can run up the middle and break loose, speed, not one of the fastest runniers but his strenght is awesome. Henry a great outside runner. When his blocks are there he can be some damage. Defense didn't look as good as last year but I'm sure it will improve. Heck look at last year started out 0-2 then turned it around and went and only lost 3 games the rest of the season... Maybe this could be like last year but give them definatly another week and they will shine against Marion. But if they get it done tonight against the Bruins.... sucks for the rest of the people on Grahams schedule.

Go G-Men!!!

G-Men Pride!

Final Graham 17 Blacksburg 6. Overal pretty good a few problems here and there but it was an awesome game and Graham played harder tonight. They had alot to prove after last week.

Whose Next? Marion

Graham 35 Marion 7

Go G-Men!

G-Men Pride!

Only down side is they got the next two games easy and might take it lightly, hopefully they will as you said get stronger and more experience and work on them little errors from like tonight. Overall yea beating up on Marion and Virginia High will give them two easy weeks and be ready to get to work on Richlands.

Graham/Marion 35-7 Graham

Graham/VHS 42-3 Graham

Go G-Men!

G-Men Pride!

[ QUOTE ]

I'm suprised Graham won tonight, no disrespect intended. However I'm glad to see they got one in the win column as it should go a long way towards building some confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you saw Blacksburg you wouldn't be. They are horribly slow outside of #3 and aren't very big. I thought if Graham had chosen to spread them out tonight the G-Men could have feasted on them. Although, the Graham line did struggle the bigger part of the night opening up holes. Most of the Graham yards came simply b/c Blacksburg had very little speed. Graham's line has work to do because against quicker teams, such as Bluefield last week, they'll struggle unless the line can block better.

News Channel 6 is bad when it comes to reporting about Graham Football and the teams they play... The guy apparentally new since I never seen him. He said that Graham went on a 10 game winning streak after the bluefield game last year. He also said something I thought was "rude" it may of been some what true but it was rational. He said "The G-Men coming back after a horrible game last week against the Bluefield beavers." He also said Blacksburg was grahams in state rivals.... I am more than likely wrong but I thought Tazewell was grahams instate rival...And his bad reporting by calling Blacksburg the Indians which was change a year or two ago to the Bruins. They didn't know the final score of the game he just knew the half time score of 7-0. Totally bad reporting in my opinion and possibly if enough people call up there and complain which I was sure to do... maybe he will never have to report about Graham Football since he don't seem to give a flying rats... butt.... about Graham football so I urge you all to call and complain even if you aren't Graham fans there is no need in bad reporting like that or leaning toward any team as news reporter.

Go G-Men!

G-Men Pride!

Graham versus Blacksburg has developed into a rivalry game. I mean they have played every year since 1988 or so. However, I agree to not even know the final score of the game is disrespectful to Graham. I mean it was the only game in town or the area tonight. Maybe someone from Graham was suppose to call-in with the final, but didn't. Nevertheless, I would disappointed as well.

Remember though, the sports anchor isn't to blame for the mistake in facts. He's simply reading what's put on the screen in front of him and he is new to the area. Someone at the station should at least make sure the info about the immediate local teams is correct.

I wouldn't look for the write up in the paper tomorrow morning to be much of anything either, I saw Tom "Clueless" Bone in the press box covering the game for the BDT. Bone hasn't written a sports article with the correct info since he started writing for the sports dept.

[ QUOTE ]

Better than Larry Hypes

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry "Tazewell" Hypes. I wonder how many articles he'll write this week talking about Bulldog football (lol)? I feel outside of his affection and constant writing about Tazewell he does a good job with his articles. They seem well thought out and written...

I had Larry Hypes as a teacher when he taught at Graham. He is crazy, he didn't do much work instead sat in class writing his news articles on his computer. He made his class edit one of his articles... in one I found 10 errors.... and he tried to prove me wrong... but me being a freshmen in high school and him being part of the Newspaper team, and me correcting him with that many errors.... common how bad can he write... I think that man will die with 50 hidden articles about the Tazewell Dawgs that he will still have articles comin out in the paper.

Nope he left 3 years ago... Any guesses where he went... guesses it probably wouldn't be hard to figure out... it starts with Taz and ends with well with an e in the middle of the two... suits him perfect. <font color="brown"> </font>

VHS will score more than 3pts on Graham. I know they have played two pretty bad teams but they played well against both of them and thats without their starting QB/Db. So I would say a score of 40-21 is a more realistic score. I mean Graham had some difficulties last year with VHS and that was with the great Ahmad Bradshaw. I just dont think you all should underestimate VHS this year.

We could use the same excuse for our game play against VHS last year our starting QB was out till about the 6th game of the season... So we had a Senior QB that hadn't taken a snap in a game since 8th grade.... So yea just because we had the as you put it the great Ahmad Bradshaw. Not knockin Belcher but he wasn't one of the best QB's for Ahmad to work with. But none the less it was still a win.

I happen to agree with you. To tell you the truth, the V-High game scares me. You have probably the smartest quarterback we played last year except for Vic Hall. And for all you people who seem to forget, V-High scored 34 points on us last year. That happened because you guys were good at that point in the season. What happened afterward? I think V-High is alot like Graham in the respect if they had the right coach who could get the best athletes to play would be right back where they were 25 years ago. Seems they might have the coach. Make no mistake this team can beat Graham. Whoever said 42-3 Graham did not watch the same game I did last year. And alot of the same cast is back, and Ahmad is at Marshall. I think Graham will win but only because they are home. Graham 28 V-High 24.

I thought Graham looked "ok" last night, but I thought that Blacksburg looked horrible. To me the G-Men looked slow and out of sync for most of the game....finally getting it together in the 3rd quarter. Blacksburg pretty much handed you that game on a silver platter, and you guys were good enough to scoop it up.

Blacksburg clock management and coaching was horrible...at the end of the first half, they should have had 2 or 3 more shots at a TD, but they let the clock run out for some reason.

And what was up with that long run? How did that kid not score on that...no one was even close, he just ran out of gas. It was a nice run, but he couldn't finish it off...but Graham still managed to punch it in so no harm done.

Henry looked slow, Nappier looked slow...but the other kid (Brown?) showed good speed...I think they need to get him involved more and stop running that trap play 20 times a game to Henry...he's a good back but he's not Bradshaw and doesn't have the speed to give you the results Bradshaw gave you guys on that same play. Basically it's the same Garaham offense without Bradshaw? I thought you might see them change it up a little to take advantage of some of the other areas of talent.

Blacksburg looked worse than either of those KY teams you guys keep making fun of Grundy for playing. Graham still has some stuff to work out I think...but with Carlock you guys are in good hands.

[ QUOTE ]

And what was up with that long run? How did that kid not score on that...no one was even close, he just ran out of gas. It was a nice run, but he couldn't finish it off...but Graham still managed to punch it in so no harm done.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was actually tripped up at the 20 and was able to keep his balance to the one...I thought it was a great effort to not only stay in bounds but to gain an extra 19 yards on the play.

Henry is not 100%...nursing an injury...still very tentative.

As for Blacksburg...that was one of the poorer Blacksburg teams I've seen. I don't see how they beat Giles 21-7...from what I've heard Giles is supposed to be "good" this year. As far as looking worse than those KY teams...I SERIOUSLY doubt it...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was actually tripped up at the 20 and was able to keep his balance to the one...I thought it was a great effort to not only stay in bounds but to gain an extra 19 yards on the play.

Henry is not 100%...nursing an injury...still very tentative.

As for Blacksburg...that was one of the poorer Blacksburg teams I've seen. I don't see how they beat Giles 21-7...from what I've heard Giles is supposed to be "good" this year. As far as looking worse than those KY teams...I SERIOUSLY doubt it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw both KY team games...and I saw the Blacksburg game...trust me...they looked just as bad, if Grundy played them you would get the same results you had in the KY games 50-6 or so...Blacksburg was either really off the other night or just horrible...Graham didn't look that good to me...no offense to anyone intended.

From where I was sitting I couldn't tell what went on with that long run, i just saw him break free and then some stuff went on like you said about the 20 then they ended up on the 1 or 2...couldn't see what happened though...when he broke out there I thought he was gone for sure...it was a pretty play.

I still think the GMEN have a ways to go in settling down without Bradshaw...but they'll get there...I'm sure by the time they play Richlands and Grundy it'll be set for a heck of a good game. District battle is a good one this year I think.