Prayers for the Marcum family....

Lance

Hey guys..

I didn't want to post anything about this until I had more info...

Yesterday I got a message from Aaron and Garon's brother Jimmy (jmarcum here on the forums) and he told me that their sister was sick in Kentucky and they were going to Lexington. Turns out she had brain surgery last night and is in critical condition at the UK Medical Center. The doctors have done everything they can do for now and the next 24 hours are critical.

Aaron and Garon should be returning home tomorrow if all goes well and should be in school and ready to play Friday night...or at least that is the plan for now. Hopefully everything will work out for her.

She just had a baby a couple of weeks ago...so this is very unexpected and truely a sad situation for the Marcum family...please keep them in your prayers.

Thanks...

Lance

frown.gif

Here is thoughts and prayers from the Magna Vista football family. God doesn't give us anymore than we can handle, and I'm sure that this strong family, with the prayers of all of the SWVa football family, will weather this crisis. Again our best wishes go to the family!!

Just wanted to give you guys an update. Jimmy, Aaron, Garon, and I just got back from Lexington at 7pm this evening. Their sister is doing better, the surgery was deemed successful, but she still needs careful monitoring to make sure the medications are working properly to rectify what could not have been rectified in surgery. She was moved from ICU to a regular room with monitoring today, so she is making good progress, especially since the first day. She is eating some, talking and moving pretty well. God willing, we are expecting a full recovery.

Several family members are still there so she's in good company and has had a great outpouring of love and support. We were more than ready to stay longer, but since she has been progressing well, we decided to make the trip back home today. Aaron and Garon will be suited up and ready to play tomorrow night against Virginia High. I'm sure they will be holding their sister dear to their hearts and feel inspired to play well. On behalf of the Marcum family and I'm sure they'll be on here soon to tell you the same, I'd like to say thanks for all the concern and prayers. God bless.

Wow, this really puts football in perspective. All of our thoughts and prayers are with the Marcum family tonight. Tomorrow night's outcome is nothing compared to this. May God bless this situation. Here's wishing her a full recovery.