Some Playoff predictions for Saturday ! Join me~!

hardtrail

I think this weeks winners will include...

Grundy

Richlands

Graham

Powell Valley

Gate City

Twin Valley

In the Hurley/Burton game, I think it all comes down to which Hurley team steps off the bus in Norton. If the same team that showed up to Unaka, TN tired and unmotivated, this game could get ugly quick. However, if the team the played Haysi (for 2 quarters) and Tug Valley so well defensively, Hurley's chances of pulling off the upset increase. Regardless, I think the #'s game catches up to the Rebels and Burton wins with depth.

Grundy 42

Va High 14

*Grundy had the field working against them two weeks ago, which is much better now...and Va High didn't see much of the playbook. Garon Marcum is overdue for a huge game, and Grundy's defense is ready to start the second season...time to step it up for Grundy.

Richlands 38

Magna Vista 15

*We have been saying it all year, Richlands has way to much depth this year to not win the Region. They are going in to this game hungry for revenge as well...they will destroy Magna Vista, expect nothing less.

Graham 23

Tazewell 14

*Graham should be the underdog in this game, for good reason. Tazewell is playing good physical ball right now. However, never under estimate the power of a great coach in the playoffs...and Carlock is the master. Not to say that coach Wyatt has done anything less than amazing with Tazewell this year...it's just hard to beat Graham once the playoffs start...new life has been give to the Gmen...I think they will make the most of it. Look for yet another classic match up between Grundy and Graham for the Region IV title next week!

Bassett 23

Carroll County 21

*Carroll County had a great team last year, lost a lot of starters and came back with a good team this year. You can knock Wengerd all day for his size, that's easy to do...but then go out and try to stop him...not so easy to do. He's easily the #3 back in the SWD behind Marcum and Ringstaff. I don't know if CC has the luck to get by Bassett who seem to just have things go there way for some reason...If this game was played at CC I would go with them by 6, but since it's at Bassett...much closer game and I'll give it to them by 2 in a barn burner.

JI Burton 35

Hurley 14

*Burton is just to much for Hurley, not much else you can say about it. For the amount of players Hurley suits up, they have done a great job this year considering the injury report they have had to look at each week. Sometimes a team like that can pull of a Miracle, win the game that they shouldn't win...it could happen, but I seriously doubt it...unless Hurley goes in and produces a Disney movie type of game, Burton will win this one.

Gate city & Powell Valley can both name a score this week...neither will be tested.

Twin Valley...who knows what these guys will do week in and week out? To close to pick...if I had to guess I would probably go with Twin Valley by a point just because I'm proud of the year they have had after watching them suffer the last few years a great deal...the fact they even made the playoffs is a great step forward for these kids.

OK, here goes nothing...

Bluefield 37 Keyser 17

Weir 28 James Monroe 13

Wayne 41 Braxton Co. 6

Shady Spring 20 Ravenswood 12

Moorefield 47 Matewan 20

Richlands 31 Magna Vista 21

Bassett 14 Carroll Co. 12

Gretna 42 Cave Spring 24

Christiansburg 28 Hidden Valley 24

Amherst Co. 27 William Fleming 20

Liberty-Bedford 21 Salem 17

Grundy 42 Virginia 14

Graham 20 Tazewell 17

Lebanon 56 Grayson Co. 6

Giles 22 Floyd Co. 20

Powell Valley 63 Rye Cove 13

Gate City 15 Honaker 14

J.I. Burton 37 Hurley 6

Twin Springs 44 Twin Valley 36

Bath Co. 14 Rural Retreat 8

Parry McCluer 19 Narrows 13

Virginia

Reg. IV Div 3

Richlands over MV

Bassett over Carroll

Reg IV Div 3

Grundy over VHigh

Graham over Tazewell

Reg. C Div 2

Lebanon over Grayson

Giles over Floyd

Reg.C Div 1

Bath over RR

Narrows over PM

Reg. D Div.2

Powell Valley over RC

Gate City over Honaker

Reg. D Div.1

JIB over Hurley

TS over TV

West Virginia

AAA

Morgantown

Capital

Martinsburg

Bridgeport

AA

Bluefield

Weir

Wayne

Shady

A

Wtown

SHarrison

Wahama

Matewan

[ QUOTE ]

Tid Bit if you knew anything you would know coach simon does not wear hair gell....i could tell you that, and i dont even know the guy

[/ QUOTE ]

Tiddy just likes to talk a bunch of crap...don't sweat it...lol.

virginia high 28 Grundy 21

Richlands 20 Magna Vista 21

Bassett 28 Carroll County 14

Graham 14 Tazewell 13

Lebanon 55 Grayson County 0

Floyd Co. 28 Giles 24

Gate City 35 Honaker 7

Powell Valley 55 Rye Cove 7

Rural Retreat 16 Bath County 14

Narrows 21 Parry McClure 20

JI Burton 33 Hurley 20

Twin Valley 20 Twin Springs 14

Virginia Tech 24 Maryland 7

Grundy 28

VA High 7

Tazwell 14

Graham 7

(Tazwell one the first one and they will win the rematch to set up the anticipated rematch with Grundy)

Gretna 30

Cave Springs 28

(Closer than you would expect, setting up Gretna potentially upset next week)

Powell Valley 28 Rye Cove 14

Gate City 21 Honaker 24

JI Burton 42 Hurley 14

Twin Valley 21 Twin Springs 10

Lebanon 42 Grayson County 21

Here's my go at it:

Bluefield 28, Keyser 7

James Monroe 28, Weir 22

Wayne 37, Braxton Co. 3

Ravenswood 26, Shady Spring 23

Moorefield 35, Matewan 21

Richlands 44, Magna Vista 7

Carroll County 24, Bassett 17

Gretna 37, Cave Spring 16

Christiansburg 37, Hidden Valley 21

William Fleming 34, Amherst County 31

Liberty-Bedford 31, Salem 21

Grundy 56, Virginia 3

Graham 14, Tazewell 11 (I mean, it HAS to be Graham-Grundy again)

Lebanon 63, Grayson Co. 0

Giles 10, Floyd Co. 6

Powell Valley 44, Rye Cove 7

Gate City 21 Honaker 14

J.I. Burton 31, Hurley 3

Twin Springs 34, Twin Valley 16

Bath Co. 34, Rural Retreat 13

Parry McCluer 27, Narrows 19

Thanks!

Tazewell will dominate at playoffs. they have improved a lot. yeah a lot of ppl say that graham will be hard to beat when playoffs come. but tazewell is a strong team they can pull it off.

Honaker is a great team. Honaker doesnt play anyone to their ability. Them playing gate city will be good. They need so new challenges. They have the suspended players back now and they are ready to go. they will show everyone what they are.

Richlands will win against magna vista. They Richlands is a lot faster than magna vista is. they are good when it comes to the offense. but richlands is all good all around.

[ QUOTE ]

Tazewell will dominate at playoffs. they have improved a lot. yeah a lot of ppl say that graham will be hard to beat when playoffs come. but tazewell is a strong team they can pull it off.

Richlands will win against magna vista. They Richlands is a lot faster than magna vista is. they are good when it comes to the offense. but richlands is all good all around.

[/ QUOTE ]

(1) The road to the Region goes through Grundy this year.

(2) Richlands will win, but I doubt anyone here would say they are "faster" than MV. confused.gif