toughest district in sw va

clocker

the Hogoheegee may be the toughest district this year. Lebanon goes to playoffs as champ and Rural Retreat qualifies in smaller division. George Wythe stays home at 9-1, Chilhowie and Patrick Henry both finish 7-3 and both had wins during the season over large school AA teams. All three end up with more ratings points than Grayson County, which goes to post season with a 5-5 record as champ of a weak district and no wins outside of that district.

hogo record vs SWD?

SWD two 9-1 teams in the playoffs, everyone above .500...all teams in the playoffs...have to go with SWD over the hogo...but you could argue the LPD is the best also...

All 3 are right there...pick the one you like best...they all had great teams this year.

[ QUOTE ]

George Wythe stays home at 9-1, Chilhowie and Patrick Henry both finish 7-3 and both had wins during the season over large school AA teams. All three end up with more ratings points than Grayson County, which goes to post season with a 5-5 record as champ of a weak district and no wins outside of that district.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is something very wrong with that.

[ QUOTE ]

the Hogoheegee may be the toughest district this year. Lebanon goes to playoffs as champ and Rural Retreat qualifies in smaller division. George Wythe stays home at 9-1, Chilhowie and Patrick Henry both finish 7-3 and both had wins during the season over large school AA teams. All three end up with more ratings points than Grayson County, which goes to post season with a 5-5 record as champ of a weak district and no wins outside of that district.

[/ QUOTE ]

clocker, what are you smoking? All Five teams in the SWD made the playoffs. The only two teams who are remotely competitive with the cream of SWVA are Lebanon and GW. And we beat Lebanon 32-0. I got an idea! See how the Hogo teams compare with the LPD. The all district Hogo team could't beat GC or PV! The LPD has a strong argument with the probable DIV.2 champ (GC or PV) along with Clintwood and Burton. Most Hogo teams would have trouble competing with the weak Highlands District!

[ QUOTE ]

No worse than Magna Vista getting in at 4-5.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the whole point. Teams with losing records getting in while 9-1 teams stay home. The system is ridiculously broken.

I believe that the SWD is The toughest District this year. Everyony made the playoffs. The number 1 and 3 seed came from the SWD in region 4 division 4. Grundy Graham and Tazwell came in 1st,2nd,and 3rd in division 3. Thats a very tough district.

I dont know what you all are smoking but the toughest district in the area and probably the state is the LPD. They always produce a state champion and sometimes 2 state champs. PV and gate city could pb beat anybody in the swd and gate city already beat richlands. Burton and clintwood are tough too.....played gate city within 10 points. These are single A teams we are talking about too. Here is how i would rank:

1LPD

2SWD

3Hog

4BDD

5HIghlands

6cumberland

SWVA-- Lonesome Pine (Since Coloboro arrived at Gate City and the consolidation of Jonesville and Pennington Gap into Powell Valley High, how many Regional and State Titles have these two schools alone amassed? And how can we forget Appalachia (sp), "the biggest little school" in Virginia?

But for the entire state, the most difficult district to win has got to be the Seminole. Rustburg, Liberty-Bedford, Heritage-Lynchburg, the list goes on and on with potential state contenders and regional powers. Not to mention that the amount of recruits that pass onto university level programs for such small population density. The Seminole and Valley districts are the cream of the crop for right now in this state.

Jonesville & Pennington gap = Lee high school (along with Dryden HS, Keokee HS, and one more that I can not remember at the moment).

Big Stone Gap HS & East Stone Gap HS = Powell Valley HS (in 1959)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the whole point. Teams with losing records getting in while 9-1 teams stay home. The system is ridiculously broken.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree with you BigD, it is broken. So instead of MV playing Fran.Co.,GW,Petersburg, and Will. Flem. next year,they are going to drop them and pick up the 3 smallest and weakest A schools they can find along with Sister Mary's School for Unwed Mothers and the NC School of Gifted Tuba Players. That way we can be 9-1 or 10-0 and no one will ? whether we should be in the playoffs!!LOL

I think St. Charles is the other school you missed Fastang.

Toughest Single A districts:

1. LPD

2. TRD

3. Hogo

4. BDD

5. Pioneer

8. MED

9. Cumberland

Toughest Double A districts:

1. SWD

2. River Ridge

3. Piedmont

4. Blue Ridge

5. Highlands

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I agree with you BigD, it is broken. So instead of MV playing Fran.Co.,GW,Petersburg, and Will. Flem. next year,they are going to drop them and pick up the 3 smallest and weakest A schools they can find along with Sister Mary's School for Unwed Mothers and the NC School of Gifted Tuba Players. That way we can be 9-1 or 10-0 and no one will ? whether we should be in the playoffs!!LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, Not questioning if you belong, I know you had a tough early schedule, but there are 9-1 A teams in this area every year that don't get in. It needs to be fixed.

Guest Woolybugger

Uh, didn't Jonesville and Penn. Gap turn into Lee? Also, I don't know if the SWD is the toughest in SWVA. As far as state powers go, I'd have to go with the LPD. But there can't be many distircts as COMPETITIVE, top to bottom, as the SWD.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Here is how I would rank them.

1LPD

2SWD

3Hog

4BDD

5Cumberland

6Highlands