What will Salem contest?

rmhale

I noticed they announced that Salem will most likely contest having the RHS/Salem game at our field. Exactly what will they contest and what will we have to do to our field to meet state requirements? grin.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tazewells field is in excellent condition...if worst comes to worst that's the place you should insist it be played...they are always crying about something...I hope you guys get to play at home, you have earned it.

You can always make them go to Grundy smile.gif they would just LOVE playing on our field I'm sure..lol

Yeah I'm sure "Willis and the Whiners" would love to play at the mudhole. That is the best looking field around before the time changes IMHO. Coach Plymal and crew always have it in tip-top shape the first home game.

seriously tazewells field is at about 95% right now and if you guys have to move it, that's the place to go...hopefully you can keep the game at Richlands though, after the last time they screwed Grundy, it's going to be hard for them to move it unless your place is really bad, in which case, you would be better off playing at Tazewell anyway. Wonder what Gretnas field looks like now?

Eh lets just go ahead and let ya'll play in the mud nothing worng with getting a little dirty and sliding around.Anyone remember the mug that came out in town after we won state in 92 that said teams refuse to play us on our field because its better suited for a tractor pull grin.gif

I say "to he^l" with'em all...it would be cool, gutsy, and legendary...if Mance should just say to the VHSL scouts (w/ Salem pigeons in tow)..."ah, fellas, don't worry about this field we'll just play you in Salem. It's all good to us."

Never gonna happen...but good luck blue.

What does Mitchell stadium look like? There's another option. I know that Bluefield is still in it but maybe they could work something out. But if I was the coach they would come here or we would not play. Wouldn't be fair to the RHS player but how fair is it to have home field and then get the game moved.

[ QUOTE ]

What does Mitchell stadium look like? There's another option. I know that Bluefield is still in it but maybe they could work something out. But if I was the coach they would come here or we would not play. Wouldn't be fair to the RHS player but how fair is it to have home field and then get the game moved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Respectfully, Richlands does not want to play at Mitchell Stadium.

So u said it looks pretty good junior?...i havent seen it today but last nite there was only a few patches that needed alot of attention, manily the guest side about the 40 and 25 in between there was ruff, but i hope it gets to lookin good i think it would suck going newheres else to play for your homefield advantage playoff game,lol

I saw you guys over there working on the field as I passed by there on the highway today. It honestly didn't look that bad to me, but you're hearing that from someone from Grundy. There are some pigpens and roosterpens in Eastern Kentucky that looked better than our field the last couple weeks of the season.

It's good that you did some preemptive work on it to prevent any whining. Salem and the VHSL collectively screwed Grundy back in '96, our perfect 10-0 season. I'd hate to see history repeat itself.