What will Salem contest?

rmhale

Salem is starting to "whine " already and will protest the field until opening kick-off, Richlands earned home-field and regardless of the conditions if affects both teams, not just the visitors

Go Richlands

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

thanks, we want to play at home, but as along as VHSL doesnt give in to relocate the game to Salem.

[/ QUOTE ]

They wouldn't relocate the game to Salem no matter what Salem contests. That wouldn't even cross their minds.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You can bring your own officials and clock keeper

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it is fine with me if we play at Mitchell. tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just clean up your mess on the way out... wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Clean up AND Mitchell Stadium?(It's the stuff dreams are made of)

[ QUOTE ]

RICHLANDS STADIUM is ready to play WE spent the time it needed a little more fine grooming We won the right to play at home WE DESERVE IT

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's not something you earned, it's pre-decided and rotates each year between Region III and Region IV as to who hosts the state semi's.

I dont think Salem needs to be complaining too much about our field because i know that they have already played on a field like ours and won big. The field at Pulaski County was in terrible shape (looked alot worse than the field at RHS) for the final week and Salem went there a lit PC up something like 30-3. The beat a good team in a big game on a field like that, they shouldn't complain.

[ QUOTE ]

SO WEVE EARNED IT ITS OUR TURN!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...well it's Region IV's turn to host...you can't "earn" something that is already pre-decided...no matter who would have come out of Region IV or their record, they were to host this year.

I'd say you are good to go, the only thing I can see them moving it for would be the seating and you guys have plenty of that, so I'd say you are ok on the field issues.

How do Virginia fans feel about rotating regional championship sites each year as opposed to awarding to the most deserving team? I'm not saying either Richlands or Salem isn't deserving, but I believe the team with the higher rating should host such a game. Just my opinion though, I look forward to hearing the opinion of others on the subject...

I think they should do everyting off points ratings...playoff spots and field selection...whole nine yards...you should be able to host the State Game at your house if you are the best team...