DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE RICHLAND SFIELD ISSUE

hamil76

We had purchased some tarps to put on our field (several in all that covered the entire field) prior to the VA High game so they would be happy. Richlands came and borrowed those today so im guessing the field isnt an issue anymore.

The field tarps from Grundy are on the field now and according to some people the VHSL should be here Wednesday. Its not just the field they will inspect, its whether or not there is enought seating for the crowd and good dressing rooms for the visting team, which Richlands has both.

Coach Mance said today he was 99.9% sure we would play at Richlands.

I dont know who you all have that does your field work but our players and coaches did all of ours. I hope you had as much as we did getting all those tarps on that field. I shoveled sand into garbage bags for 2 and a half hours to hold those things down. hahaha

The field was rolled Saturday, turface put on it, coaches ,players, fans, put tarp on it today, visitor sidelines was sanded today so it looks decent more sand will be put out after the rain. I know a man that has all the equipment ans supplies needed and will donate his service and employees to clean up the visitor locker room if that becomes and issue. THE FIELD SOGGY WELL MAYBE A little wet BUT IT IN GOOD CONDITION

that's exactly right. I was born and lived in Roanoke for 12 years, VHSLhelper is right, if Salem's field gets flooded I better drive up there and rescue my grandmother because she's gonna be in a world of hurt, or a world of water. Victory stadium is down in a valley right behind a river. It's an old but nice stadium, got to play city little league football games there as a kid. I've heard they are thinking of getting rid of Victory....anyone else heard that?

that would leave a Big hole right at that "sports complex" if they were to tear it down. I couldn't imagine visiting Roanoke and not see Victory stadium. That field has a lot of memories.

I've never been there, myself. Only been in Salem's 1 time - 4th of July some years back to see Foreigner, Edwin McCain and whoever else. Hit the ballpark ? last year ? when they had the Billy Wagner bobblehead giveaway, which was while the the Commonwealth Games were going on.

The last thing I saw on Victory was about 3 weeks ago in the <A HREF="http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/13746.html">

Roanoke Times</A> where some steps "crumbled" during the Glass-PH game.

I believe they've decided to play in Richlands. They just added "Ernie Hicks Stadium" to the back of the pressbox, facing the parking lot, so I would doubt they would go through the trouble if the game wasn't played here. Looks pretty good, too.

I thought I saw the glistening of a large puddle as I drove by the school on the fourlane, but It could've been on the baseball field, I just glanced. I must've rained hard somewhere last night because my creek had risen this a.m. I didn't hear it. grin.gif

Yeah, I went ahead and drove up there and I saw a few puddles but I think they were caused by removing the tarp.

I also noticed the river is up quite a bit. Shows how much rain we've had.