Richlands @ Virginia High

Ryan4VT

In case anyone is wondering what the little Latin phrase at the end of Bob's post means,  it means " know thyself ". 

No Bob, actually I didn't have to look it up.....lol........ my daughter just graduated from law school,  and of course she took Latin,  so I helped a little.......actually....very little,  but i do remember a few of the Latin phrases.  Just thought I would put this here to save a lot of people from taking the time to look it up.....lol

And here's another little Latin phrase that a lot of us should live by..........notice I said us.

acta non verba   ( deeds not words )

I can vouch that knowing Latin is of virtually no importance in law school.

I majored in Classics, which is the smallest major by number of students at the University. I love a little Latin discussion. But I would've liked to have seen the Greek, as I believe that expression is most commonly attributed to Socrates. Tiny little quibble. :)

I know the Greek (gnothi sauton) but cannot post it correctly on this tiny iPhone keyboard.

It was just a class she wanted to take since she was studding law,  it was,  and is not important,  just something she wanted to take to help her a little since some words and terms in law are Latin.  Never meant to act as though it was important,  just explaining how I know what the phrase meant.  All I really know about Latin..........is how to spell the word " Latin "......lol......and I remember a few, very few of the phrases from sitting with her and that is it.  As far as the origin of the phrase,  you and my daughter would know that much better than I ! 

I think she would be better able to have a discussion with you about Latin than I could have.........just a dumb old hillbilly here !

And Bob,  "vino veritas"  I don't drink anymore,  but I would say you are right.  It seems to have that effect on a lot of people...lol

Had to look up what that one meant by the way....lol

The only thing I do know about this game is that Richlands will win. VHS will win during baseball season. These are the two best recruiting schools

when it comes to football(Richlands) and baseball (VHS) that anyone has ever seen. Mance should get a job at Tech and Daniels should get one at UVA.

The only thing I do know about this game is that Richlands will win. VHS will win during baseball season. These are the two best recruiting schools

when it comes to football(Richlands) and baseball (VHS) that anyone has ever seen. Mance should get a job at Tech and Daniels should get one at UVA.

Looks like the Falcons have done pretty good on the recruiting front these days..........can anyone say Tyrek Roberts.

It was just a class she wanted to take since she was studding law, it was, and is not important, just something she wanted to take to help her a little since some words and terms in law are Latin. Never meant to act as though it was important, just explaining how I know what the phrase meant. All I really know about Latin..........is how to spell the word " Latin "......lol......and I remember a few, very few of the phrases from sitting with her and that is it. As far as the origin of the phrase, you and my daughter would know that much better than I !

I think she would be better able to have a discussion with you about Latin than I could have.........just a dumb old hillbilly here !

And Bob, "vino veritas" I don't drink anymore, but I would say you are right. It seems to have that effect on a lot of people...lol

Had to look up what that one meant by the way....lol

No worries at all. I wasn't trying to talk down or belittle, and I'm sorry if it came off that way.

But it is a beautiful language. And best of luck to your daughter!

I would love it if AHS was able to recruit.  But, if that was the case, they would have started long ago. All joking aside, I will let you all know what this new kid looks like after tomorrow nights game. I might tell the truth....and I might not.  lol

Hey recruiting has its ups and downs.......look at us this year...lol. Just one and he is out for at least 6 more weeks.

All joking aside I hope the young man is successful. They have their own individual reasons for moving and its not easy on them. I hope his transition is smooth and I hope he has a lot of fun and success with his new teammates.

Although I must add I hope the success is very limited when the Blues come to A Town!

I really do wish him well

I must have struck a nerve. The first of the month will be here soon and you don't have to be so grouchy while waiting on your EBT card to get filled with my tax dollars.... Then you can hop on over to Walmart and get your smokes, beer, and toothpaste for that one tooth you have in your head. Once you have finished brushing it, then I can slap it out of your mouth.

I can sum up everything in four words. 

Falconman is a douche.