ratings

VHSLhelper

Honaker vs. Ridgeview is probably the game of the week in SWVA next week. Both teams MUST win for any shot at the playoffs.

Easyyy there. I do think Ridgeview @ Honaker will be a good game but as far as extreme SWVA goes, Union @ John Battle is more of the "game of the week" type to me. I will more than likely be heading up to Exit 7 to watch since GC is open.

Easyyy there. I do think Ridgeview @ Honaker will be a good game but as far as extreme SWVA goes, Union @ John Battle is more of the "game of the week" type to me. I will more than likely be heading up to Exit 7 to watch since GC is open.

As far as making the playoffs, that actually is the game of the week, basically win and you're in for either team.

I haven't figured up what if scenarios for next week based on who's likely to win and whatnot, but a buddy of mine from Coeburn messaged me on Facebook yesterday and said he figured it up and that if things go as as projected next week, then we would actuallly tie Central for the final spot.  If that's the case, then I would guess Central would actually get the spot based on head to head, correct?

You know, when a 3 win team is even in the discussion the playoff format is badly broken. Still want to beat Honaker.

It is weird man... last year, it took us getting to 6-4 to get in.  5-5 wouldn't have cut it last year.  This year we're talking about possibly 3-7 getting in.  A couple of years ago, a 1-9 Martinsville team made it, but that was more a product of their 4A, 5A schedule.

You know, when a 3 win team is even in the discussion the playoff format is badly broken. Still want to beat Honaker.

That's exactly what I've been saying for years. If they are going back to regions, they need to go back to 4 teams per region making it in.

From what I hear about Goochland from some guys I work with they are the real deal this year. Usually when they get hot they take it all. Hopefully we're not overlooking the East teams again!

Couple of friends of mine live in Henrico County, just past Goochland.  They say they are very good, but not as good as their state title teams, but have been getting better as the year goes on.  One of those teams that is coached very well, strong on both sides of the line and very disciplined....that could be a tough matchup for anybody on this end.

Is gate city locked in at 12 or can Floyd jump them if they beat glenvar or if Lee loses will gate city jump them.

Floyd County will most likely not beat Glenvar.  As much as I like the Buffs, I don't see that one being the least bit close.

What's the chances of Wise central gettin in or are they officially done?

Gretna, Va High, Tazewell, James River, and Ridgeview would all need to lose. That should get Central the #16 seed and a VERY difficult game against either Graham or Appo.

I was glad that I pretty much had everything spot on this week with the exception of Radford, where I must have had a typo error, giving them 48 rider points instead of 58... 

So, if the order of teams on the VHSL Top 20 sheets are correct, I am assuming that Gretna would get the tiebreak over Ridgeview, meaning that the chance of making the playoffs would be basically null.

Yea know was just wondering with us play john battle an them not playing if we could stay at 4. But i forgot you said they get credit for a win.

Dan River still has Altavista this week. Their forfeit came in week 2. But yea, we're not passing DR barring a miracle.