T-well's Future

balla_balla20_42

Who all is going to play college ball and where at? As for next season I think Tazewell will play well even though key players are leaving. Tazewell should have a good core performance from McDaniel, both Weitzals, Wilson, and Saunders and the Defense hopefully will just reload instead of rebuild.

I think Richlands has the edge on the SWD next year...they seem to have a lot of good kids coming up from the lower grades...lots of depth again...they lose a lot of people but just keep bringing in new ones.

As for Tazewell...Coach Wyatt is the real deal, everyone should see that by now...I think they put another good team on the field next year even with the loss of several key SR's.

Grundy, Graham, and Carroll County are all question marks for me...Grundy's true strength this year was it's defense and they lost a lot...depends on what kind of line they can put on the field next year as to what the offense can do. Graham could go either way? They might be in a 2 or 3 year post-Bradshaw era funk...although I think Coach Carlock is one of the best in the state, so you can't ever count them out? Who knows? Carroll County - I have no idea what to expect from them...they lost a few great kids this year...Wengerd being what I think the most important one, because of his speed on both sides of the ball...it's hard to replace speed. Probably won't know much about any of the last 3 until 2 a days start and you see who comes out to play.

Here's how i see it....

Richlands-Defending champs, everyone wantin to beat us. We lost big players but we have a great class coming up and thats all im saying grin.gif.

Tazewell-lost big players as well, get a line and a FB and could contend for the Disrict.

Grundy-I now have a new respect for the guys the way they showed up to support us during the playoffs and the way they got beat in the playoffs, get a line and build the D back and could also be sumtin to handle.

Graham-rebuilding year in my books, cant ever count them out tho, main thing they have is Henry.

CC-Winegard's gone, that was their main man last year, unless they have sum big talent comin in for next year i see them rebuilding as well.

Do you guys really think for a minute the SWD title doesn't run thru Bluefield? Please. I guess one down year lowers everyones expectations. I love it that no one is talking about Graham. I hope you enjoyed beating up on us this year, cause things are about to get back to normal.

Unless ur getting transfers i honestly dont think Graham next year will have a great year, they might be another year like this year was for em but i think 2 years away is when it goes back to Graham.

Graham doesn't have that big play threat that they have had in years past like Bradshaw,Jones,Oaks,Graves. They list goes on. I think the district will be decided in the 3rd week of the season between Grundy and Richlands.

Graham has and always will have playmakers, they are always just a few years apart. Luckily for Coach Carlock, he had Bradshaw, Oakes, Matthews, and Jones all within a short time. Give Graham 5 years, they will produce another big time player.

Next year I see it like this.

5. Carroll County- They lost a lot from the class of 2004, and seem to have lost even more this year, with their QB and Wegnerd. When you go to CC though, anything can happen. It's always 15-11.

4. Graham- Graham should be a 5-5, 6-4 type team, but like I said above, give them 5 years.

3. Tazewell- They will be young, and should be good with Coach Wyatt in his second year, but they lost their big boys.

2. Richlands- Lost a lot from last year, but have Caleb Jennings getting the bulk of the carries, they will be good, but the streak will be over come the 3rd week of the season. cool.gif

1. Grundy- Will have the best back in the state in Garon Marcum finally getting the bulk of the carries and getting to show his talent. We will have some good Sr. talent who have been playing 2+ years. The streak ends this coming year at Ernie Hicks.

[ QUOTE ]

rundy- Will have the best back in the state coming back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, quite a statement there. I don't know what they might have returning in the eastern part of Virginia, but the best returning back I know of from Roanoke eastward is easily Kevin Crouse of Pulaski County. The kid has it all and will only be a junior next season...

If Garon had Aaron Looney's carries this year instead of splitting time with him you are looking at 3,000 yards and 40+ TD's...instead of 1,500+ and 23 TD's...he's the real deal...and he's working his ass off in the off season to get ready for next year...if he can stay healthy it will be fun to watch if you are a Grundy fan.

As for beating Richlands...Grundy will have to think outside of the box for a change...or else it will continue to be a nightmare. Grundy has lots of questions on both sides of the ball next year and Richlands looks to be loaded (again).

As for Graham and a 5 year down period...won't happen...they might have 2 "avg" years by Graham standards, but no more than that...the problem with this years Graham team was trying to use Henry in the same exact context as Bradshaw...Henry is a downhill runner...Bradshaw is a slasher with power and speed....once they figure out how to use Henry correctly they are going to be a much better team...and they have some linemen with a years experience now...I think the SWD is *WIDE* open for next season...could be anyones for the taking....the teams will be much more evenly matched.

[ QUOTE ]

The streak ends this coming year at Ernie Hicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have heard that one before.

As for Marcum, he will have a huge season but 3,000 is a chunk of yards. Im thinkin more around 2,200.

I don't know what he'll get next year? was just saying he could have probably had that this year if they ran him like Richlands runs Ringstaff.

As for next year, who knows? Grundy has a QB that is no threat to run so people just send the house after him and he has to run for his life because he has no line blocking for him and other than that you have Marcum...so key on him to and it's not a pretty picture...and with no Aaron Marcum lead blocking for him next year who will open up the holes?whatever happens, Grundy has some real challenges ahead as far as rebuilding...and that just offense...now on defense you lose Marcum, Owens, Looney, Penley, and Matt Lee....4 of the All State level players...thats a LOT to replace...and some big shoes to try to fill, and with no pass rush that leaves Grundy's DB's having to really cover receivers closer than this year...and they are not deep in the DB department from this year by any means...someone has to step up somewhere. The good thing is everyone is going to have to reload next year...this might be one of those years where everyone goes 5-5 or so and all the SWD teams beat up on each other with nobody really pulling out like Richlands and Grundy were able to do this year going 9-1.

Also means you will probably see at least one of the big four in the SWD left out come playoff time...so winning the district will mean a LOT next year as where this year...didn't mean a thing other than bragging rights of course.

So what's all that add up to? For me...it means we are in store for some good football and probably won't know the playoff situation again until after the last game is played.

I dont know I think Richlands might have the uppper hand again this upcoming season. They have A good QB coming up in Mccracken,they got Jennings and Bam Bam at Tailback,some big tall receivers and a good core on the Line. Hey Lance I don't thing the curse is over its just begining if they are right about the little league football program in Buch.county.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

rundy- Will have the best back in the state coming back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, quite a statement there. I don't know what they might have returning in the eastern part of Virginia, but the best returning back I know of from Roanoke eastward is easily Kevin Crouse of Pulaski County. The kid has it all and will only be a junior next season...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you'll be able to watch that Crouse kid in action come the Benifit game w/Richlands...so we'll get to see best in the state or not?!?!

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Lance I don't thing the curse is over its just begining if they are right about the little league football program in Buch.county.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that's not the case, but they really do need to improve the little league system...tazewell county has a great feeder system leading up to high school...buchannan had one years ago but school closures have really degraded it a lot...there needs to be a 4th and 5th grad team, a 6th and 7th grade team and a 8th and 9th grade team. This would allow all the kids to get playing time and learn the basics and get a real interest in the sport...as it is now you have a lot of kids standing around on the sidelines while a select few play the entire game.

Grundy is bad to get these little QB's to (no offense to Theo!)...I myself would rather have a fast QB that is sort of tall and can see over the middle or run when needed or run the option and take a bit of a beating. They have Caleb Smith as the backup right now on the way up behind Theo and from what I have seen of him, he's a decent QB but can not take a hit and is a bit of a hot dog so to speak...would probably be better fit at WR or DB. I would find a QB that is at least 170 pounds and about 6ft and just train him to do what needs to be done...anyone can run the offense if you spend the time to train them correctly. For Grundy, the bad thing is that most of the offensive line probably average about 170! So they are limited in who they have to work with at skill positions as far as speed and size go...nothing they can do about it. Point being...a better program from 4th - 9th grade would probably help this situation.

[ QUOTE ]

Dang thats a tiny line compared to what ya'll had in the late 90's.Ya'll used to have the Hogs like We have at Richlands,and I have noticed ya'll do have short qb's year in and year out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think football at RHS will be on an uprise and will be tought to contend with year in and out for a while now, the kids in midgets and pwe and just big and quick from wat we use to be. If they keep growin which they will they'll be really good.

they had one big guy, charlie osborne, and he got hurt right at the first of the Richlands game...that sucked...he could have used the playing time this year...was really starting to become a good lineman when he got hurt.

the rest were all under 200 I think...not positive..I think Matt Lee was the biggest..I'd have to check the program to see what they were listed at, but they were nothing like what Richlands, Tazewell, Va High, and Gate City had this year for sure...man if we had a few of those size kids I'd hate to think what some of the scores would have been.

[ QUOTE ]

..man if we had a few of those size kids I'd hate to think what some of the scores would have been.

[/ QUOTE ]

Size in the line doesn't always mean that they are a good line. Look at Bluefield, they didnt have a big line this year, but if i remember correctly they enjoyed some success and Salem's line wasnt huge but they were very effective as well.