grundy vs. martinsville

Grundy_30

[ QUOTE ]

derrick, remember when magna vista came to grundy and we knocked them off a while back?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course i do...I played in that game...

also don't forget the patrick county game...the biggest upset Grundy has ever pulled..PC was a huge favorite...

so it can be done...they will come in cocky...but the reason I said that about the zone..is b/c if they're like magna vista/patrick county...they have a hard time shooting the 3 on a consistent basis..and they're not use to playin against zone defense out in the pidemont

man to man..you know as well as I do..they're going to be hard to man up

if you guys had a coach worth a damn, you might have a better chance...make them play street ball with you guys and you might pull off an upset...you have a lot of talent on the team and you and theo will have to have the games of your life...i wish you guys all the luck in the world...just go out and have some fun man.

[ QUOTE ]

if you guys had a coach worth a damn, you might have a better chance...make them play street ball with you guys and you might pull off an upset...you have a lot of talent on the team and you and theo will have to have the games of your life...i wish you guys all the luck in the world...just go out and have some fun man.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key to this game..in my opinion is getting an early lead...everytime we've played pidemont teams in the past..it all depended on getting early leads b/c they tend to panic and being to play one-one style ball..

against Patrick COunty and Magna Vista we got early leads...and they panicked and we walked away with the W

Against Dan River they took out an to an early lead on us..and we had to play catchup the entire game and that took us out of our ability to play zone and take away some of their speed

Nothing against Marion - they played their hearts out tonight but it's like Bluefield Rules said - these 'Dogs are an entirely different breed of animal than the Hurricanes - and maybe Grundy - are used to playing.

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, the 'Dogs don't play street ball! Never have - never will!

[/ QUOTE ]

well...get ready because half of the game will be street ball in Grundy...mainly because that's all we've got...lol.

maybe theo, tigh, and ashby can throw in 30 or 40 each? confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

sell those woof tickets to someone else - ive seen grundy play in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Lance may be referring to the freelancing and lack of offensive sets that Grundy runs....I don't know if Stretch has upped the plays..but had a set of around 3 plays that we ran the entire game..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

sell those woof tickets to someone else - ive seen grundy play in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Lance may be referring to the freelancing and lack of offensive sets that Grundy runs....I don't know if Stretch has upped the plays..but had a set of around 3 plays that we ran the entire game..

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...exactly what I meant...the "woof" guy doesn't know the deal with Stretch so you kinda have to look over that comment...those who know understood what I was saying...lol.

I probably couldn't do any better as a coach myself, but hey..I'm not coaching...lol. Stretch is a good guy, but not a very good coach...would have been nice to see what these kids could have done with good coach in place since 9th grade or so..they do have a lot of talent.

I dont think thats in the 3 play book!

I think it can only help you by playing this kinda of comp! Win or loose.. plus.. they are coming to you!! I heard that the road detours might have them coming over through Jewell Ridge down to Whitewood and down Dismal to Grundy!! lol.. They better not miss Buddys Gas N Go for a pit stop.. else they might be hangin it over the creek bank!! lol The trip might help out some to!! hopefully!! lol

Best of Luck.. Wave...

I see you keep talking about Patrick Co...are you sure about that? Patrick Co. has NEVER been good at basketball...ask the guys from the Piedmont. They are the perrenial cellar dwellers of the Piedmont...I don't think they've ever made the playoffs in hoops. Do you mean Laural Park or Dan River??? Odds are you played one of those teams...not Patrick Co.

it was patrick county in 95 or 96 . they came to grundy and complained very loudly. they had a once in a lifetime team for them. they were supposed to win easily. it was when osborne, keen, crigger were around. grundy won. now as for m'ville, they should be able to pick the score. grundy plays playground style of running up and down the floor. not a very good offense to play against m'ville. the only thing that will slow the bulldogs is the predicted snow fall.

It was 99 G-Man, the year after Magna Vista won the state championship. PC had a very good team that year,won the district then went on and lost to Grundy on the same night that MV lost to Gate City (in the infamous Coach Johnson goes beserk game at Gate City). Also Grundy beat MV the following year at Grundy(2000) by about 10 or so points, maybe a few more. It wasn't because MV panicked though, Grundy just had a better team. We didn't have but about 3 kids who could score and should have never made the regionals anyway,we upset Fieldale-Coll. in the Pied. tourney. Also Grundy had a gaurd that night who scored 30 some points, he couldn't miss! You will be getting a different animal in this Martinsville team. They beat some quality teams this year(Franklin Co.,G-W Danville,Patrick Henry,Tunstall 3 times) so they are battle tested. Went last night to the Marion game and they played the Dogs zone the entire game and Mavahi just toyed with them. Could have scored 120 if they had made their layups. So good luck Grundy, if you don't believe me call ole Crigger down here at MV and ask him, he'll be throwing BP today at about 4:00!!