Grundy Schedule

GrundyWinsAll

Shelby Valley is supposed to be back in early Sept. - but I don't know if the Bowl is still happening. Whitesburg is being consolidated and LCC's schedule is all Ky. teams.

Have heard that we're adding one of Carroll Co.'s neighbors, but I don't know which one.

I heard they were supposed to play Pikeville in one of the "bowl" games next year but the VHSL wouldn't let Grundy play a week early so it was scrapped...from what I understand that was the only week Pikeville had open this year that would have worked....

That's sad too, because Pikeville usually puts a good team on the field every year. Belfry usually has a good team as well. If we have some KY teams on the schedule, it'd be nice to have one of those teams.

I think they have been looking high and low for 3 more games...as far as I know there are only 7 so far.

Which is a shame...why Va High, Marion, and some of the other AA schools in the area REFUSE to play Grundy is pathetic.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much everyone in Buchanan County has trouble with finding opponents in all sports, not just football. For some reaosn, no one else in Virginia hardly wants to travel to Grundy, Hurley, and Twin Valley. Thats why they always have so many out of state opponents in football, basketball, and baseball. Its not that everyone is afraid of playing Grundy, no one wants to drive up there, thats pretty much the case with the whole county.

I agree who in there right minds wants to suffer through going over countless mountains to get to Hurley,Grundy,Twin Valley and Council?I mean it ain't that bad for teams that are close to them like Haysi being so close to Council and being close to Honaker. I kinda hate to think what a bus ride from places like Bristol,Abington,and other places is like to Grundy.It was pretty crappy just riding the bus from Richlands to Grundy.

I like the road between Richlands and Grundy. It's actually a fun drive when the traffic isn't too heavy.

The only thing I don't like about going to a football game down there is it takes a while to get out. That and the crappy speakers the PA guy uses to torture opposing fans with.

Who cares? Its football. I dont care where I have to go. If you want a nice luxury ride and everything all comfy put a lazy boy in the back of your vehicle. Shooo complain complain complain. I dont care where I have to go to see a game I want to see. Long as I have gas and I make it I could care less. I will be traveling more than anyone on this board probably to see games this fall and you dont hear me worried about the ride, why? Because its football. NUFF SAID!

We were forced to play Twin Valley by the Buchanan County School Board. I would rather drive the four lane to Grundy than any road to Hoanker. Most likely because I am used to it though...lol...But I agree with Jimmy, you don't see the guys from Grundy complaining about traveling, as long as we have gas, and can make it safely, we are all for it.

same road from Grundy to Bristol both ways...grundy can travel but everyone else acts like its so horrible...I'd rather travel to Grundy than Carroll County any day.

And I couldn't agree more with the PA speakers...I wish they would upgrade them...I think they are surplus from WW2 army tents.