2005 VHSL Football Schedules are now posted...

edrforshey

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your very correct with that statement.

I did go through them page by page and found 2 schools that Bluefield might call about playing on 9/9 cause both are open and have only 9 games.

York in Div.3 Bay Rivers District

Haysi Div.2 Black Diamond District

you will not have to worry, grundy has called both schools and have not gotten an answer from either. haysi is only 25 miles from grundy and they have the same open date. by the way they are a division 2 team in virginia, the same as bluefield is classified in virginia. they are playing the lee high team you guys played last year. they will win 7 or 8 games. more points than you get playing nobody.

You do realize that York is near Williamsburg, right? That's about 350 miles from Bluefield. That's 150 miles farther than Rock Hill (SC). I don't think either school would want anything to do with that.

[ QUOTE ]

You do realize that York is near Williamsburg, right? That's about 350 miles from Bluefield. That's 150 miles farther than Rock Hill (SC). I don't think either school would want anything to do with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of figured York was in that area of Virginia from the name "York." It doesn't really matter, Simon was on the news the other evening and he seemed resigned to the fact Bluefield wouldn't be able to find another game. He said they had explored a number of options, but one thing or another thwarted each one. He said the decision to schedule a second game against Graham was an 11th hour decision by both schools after other avenues proved to be dead-ends.

Just remember that is Lori's 1st draft. It'll take a week or 2 to fix all the 'bugs' in it, esp. if they're still using the same program as last year, where a schedule couldn't be edited... it had to be re-entered completely, so a prob. that wasn't there on the 1st draft may show up on the 2nd.

I just looked at western VA. and found these 'bugs' :

games with no home team : Graham-Carroll on 11/4, Narrows-Fort Chiswell & Craig-Bath on 11/11

Graham's 2nd game w/Bluefield isn't listed.

So be certain changes will be made to it.

hey, rules ...

In Va, names don't mean squat.

York is Williamsburg, but Yorktown is in Arlington.

And Salem. Well.... name was changed to Andrew Lewis when new building opened in 1933 after the old one burned, then changed back to Salem in '77 when another new building opened. In the meantime, Salem High School opened in Va. Beach, which is why you see Salem (VB) and Salem (BR) in the AP scores sometimes (even though they left the Blue Ridge a few years back for the River Ridge).

We also have Franklin (the County) south of Roanoke and Franklin (the city) just West of Norfolk.

[ QUOTE ]

does anyone know the richlands schedual for 2005

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, click the link in the first post in the thread.

Gate City

Honaker

Grundy

Abingdon

Graham

Tazewell

Marion

Virginia

Carroll County

Lebanon

[ QUOTE ]

Can anybody tell me what Tazewell's schedule is?...For some reason, my computer won't load that site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try updating Adobe ...

Tazewell - 2005

Wythe, George*

Lebanon*

Carroll County

Abingdon

Richlands*

Virginia

Graham

Marion*

Grundy