Grundy Scrimmage

GrundyWinsAll

ANY scrimmage or preseason game is nothing but a glorified practice.......the secrecy sounds a bit stupid to me....grundy must not have looked too good or there would have been a bigger deal made out of it....

nah they didn't look to good from what i heard...they were trying to feel out what they had to work with not "win" or whatever...it wasn't like a benefit or real game situation...some scrimmages are a lot like games others are not, this one wasn't more than a practice from what I understand. Probably saw more action at the richlands BLUE - WHITE game. Grundy didn't even run the offense from what I was told.

Got this straight from the HORSES MOUTH....Coach Rowe himself!

1. Grundy did scrimmage!

2. The team they scrimmaged used double slot shotgun set and ran the no-huddle!

3. Their opponent had an awesome QB

4. Grundy had a hard time defending against them

I didn't bother to ask him anything about their offense or how they fared, but they DID SCRIMMAGE!

Good luck to everybody this week and heading into game 1

Maybe it isnt that they are "hiding" the results. Maybe the team feels they have better things to do than to worry about what people on a message board think. I dont care what they did. I know the result and I know that Harlan was 8-2 last year and return almost everyone and the two games they lost were both by less than a touchdown so they scrimmaged a great team. Thats all ya need to know. But its a scrimmage so nobody worries about em. I have seen 5 other teams scrimmage as well but who cares. Nobody does. They are just reps for teams and to make final roster adjustments.

Next Friday is when it counts and players dont need to be on here posting anyways.

Good luck every team. I wish you an injury free season and much success.

I don't think anybody was looking for the players to post anything. Its just the fact that there is a good number of people who follow Grundy who could post the results (they always have before, why stop now?), yet the whole scrimmage was kept far out of the realm of knowledge typically found on this board.

maybe it's because nobody actually went? I know I had to work and from what I was told it was a last minute thing...I didn't even hear about it until the night before and was told it " wouldn't even be what you would think of as a scrimmage, so probably not worth making the trip..."Grundy is having a hard time finding anyone to scrimmage/play this year...it's a known fact talked about often the past couple of months on here.

I don't know what the big deal is about all this hush hush talk, but I don't think that was the case...it was just not something that I saw first hand and I heard from a couple of different players it was nothing worth talking about because they didn't really get to do much other than try to seee who could play out of position and figure out depth.

If I had seen it, I would have given you guys my opinion...as I'm sure a lot of the other Grundy regulars would have...but I didn't make the trip. I didn't want to get on here and say they looked awesome or that they looked bad or say anything based on what I had heard...you can label it whatever you want but I don't think it was something you can judge anything by yet so I don't see it as worthy of all the attention it has received...I still don't consider it a legit scrimmage myself, but that's just me...obviously if Coach Rowe is saying it was then it was..lol.

Ah anyway...one week from the real deal...I'm ready to see the season get rolling.

Yeah, Harlan went 8-2, but we lost 28-20 to HAZARD, which lost 7 games last year. Just a scrimmage, though. Is Richlands really 3 TD's better than Pulaski? Or does an extra week of practice have something to do with it???

you cant really tell if they are or what... cause both teams played thier second team the 2cd half. richlands first team though technically beat em 13-6 but ya have to take in consideration the safety and blocked punt on the one yard line for a td ... who knows pulaski might have come out with thier first team in the second half and did what richlands did last year against lebanon.. lol run wild in the second half.. but my point is you cant really tell if richlands is that much better than them, because both teams starters didnt play the whole time. Richlands had a lot better second team than pulaski though

For what its worth:

Hazard(A), beat Perry County (AAA) 38-20. So that is impressive anytime a A beats a AAA school. That should tell you a little about the team.

Also:

WYMT Mountain Top 10.

1.Rockcastle County

2.Bell County

3.Belfry

4.Leslie County

5.South Laurel

6.Prestonsburg

7.Somerset

8.Breathitt County

9.Knox Central

10.Hazard

Just of interest. how did some of these teams fair in their last scrimmages?

Henry Clay beat .3 Belfry(defending state champions) 43-14

Franklin County beat .8 Breathitt County 58-7

Danville 34. #1 Rockcastle County 0

So 3 of the top 10 in ky went down in their final scrimmage. SO like I said earlier, these scrimmages dont give you any indication va or ky. The next 10 weeks do. By week 5 everyone sees generally how their team is going.But its not over until its over thats for sure.

So Harlan, or Hazard doesnt matter. But for what its worth Hazard looks a lot better than last year. Havent heard of many A VA teams beating any AAA teams lately. So thats something in itself. But 5 days from now the season starts. I am worried about final results not preresults lol.

Almost time. Can you all feel it? Ive waited 9 months for this. Nobody is more excited. I cant wait. I wont see any SWD football this year so keep us posted.

[ QUOTE ]

Is Richlands really 3 TD's better than Pulaski? Or does an extra week of practice have something to do with it???

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it has somthing to do with it, but how much? Shouldn't the fact that Pulaski has 19 seniors and 22 juniors also have something to do with it? How much does 5 days of practice matter against a team that's bigger and more experienced?

[ QUOTE ]

but my point is you cant really tell if richlands is that much better than them, because both teams starters didnt play the whole time. Richlands had a lot better second team than pulaski though

[/ QUOTE ]

Which means Richlands had a lot more depth the PC, which is a big factor.

AAA Perry Central's enrollment is just over 1,000, which makes them about the size of Carroll Co., or AA by Va. standards.

But my point was that Grundy & Richlands were in SCRIMMAGES, where you don't care about the score (or at least you shouldn't). Execution should be the focus.

Sounds like that was a tough one to start out with! I'm sure theres abeen alot of work done since the Hazard game..

I think theres always been alot of Grundy fans on here chatting about the scrimmages and players.. All of a sudden everyone else is talking but no news on the wave! So.. I my opinion is thats why ppl were thinking the wave was being hush, hush...

whens all said and done.. this friday night all secrets will be out! I there is any!! lol

Good luck to all and safety to all!