Richlands vs Pulaski County

bluekick

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I gotta admit, I'm a little surprised the Richlands fans aren't more enthusiastic. I don't know if a benefit game will have the same intensity as a regular season game or not. Wish I could be there.

[/ QUOTE ]it did last year when i went and watched them play honaker

If im not mistaken but didnt christiansburg lose the qb from last year?And wasnt he the key to their wins?I still say due to what Richlands lost last year they lose big you cant replace those players that fast and after friday night you will see what i mean.But it is just a scrimmage and they arent going to show much anyway.

Lord Honaker played bad in that game last year... frown.gif I know after that one, most of the Honaker faithful thought we'd be lucky to finish the season at .500.

Does the benefit game have a cool name like the Richlands/Honaker one did?

i'm sure that graham fans are hoping that richlands is overrated.........but even though rhs is short on experience in some areas this is a team that the fans down here have been looking forward to watching.....this is probably the most talented team since 1994......its up to the team to perform now....guess we will have to wait and see if they do.......

[ QUOTE ]

what did they call that benifit game last year it was a cool name but i forgot it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clinch River Classis was the name for it the past two years with Honaker but i dont even know if there is a name for it this year w/Pulaski.

It might as well be, i like playin honaker cause they are just like us...hard hittin and rednecks. Plus most of them are mayors neighbor on the other side of the line near Maple Gap, CLarks Valley and Hortons ridge lol.

I saw Pulaski last year and the running back, Kevin Crouse is amazing. Fast and a tough runner, he is only a junior this year. Also, I saw PC on WDBJ7 and they looked like they had alot of size. From what the coach said, I figure the Cougars are going to be very good.

Well since I've been over here at Emory & Henry I met a guy who played for PC last year and he said that they should be loaded this year.

Hopefully if things work out Thad and I, and the guy from PC will get to come in and watch the game.

I'd expect PC to be the caliber of Salem. The thing about this game though is it's a scrimmage. For Pulaski it's their first scrimmage. Both teams will be playing to get better and to solidify depth charts. Richlands may go with the starters more than PC because they have a real game next week, whereas PC has another scrimmage but I don't think this game will have any resemblance to a regular season game.

[ QUOTE ]

I'd expect PC to be the caliber of Salem. The thing about this game though is it's a scrimmage. For Pulaski it's their first scrimmage. Both teams will be playing to get better and to solidify depth charts. Richlands may go with the starters more than PC because they have a real game next week, whereas PC has another scrimmage but I don't think this game will have any resemblance to a regular season game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm

I wonder if any GC people will be in attendance for scouting purposes?

[ QUOTE ]

It might as well be, i like playin honaker cause they are just like us...hard hittin and rednecks. Plus most of them are mayors neighbor on the other side of the line near Maple Gap, CLarks Valley and Hortons ridge lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're talkin to a Clarks Valley boy right here! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder if any GC people will be in attendance for scouting purposes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure they will if they don't also have a game. There were some Graham kids walking around at the "Blue & White" game.

Do you know how Brad is doing at Richlands? I hope everything is going well for him over there! Wonder if they can still give a trophy for the game this season? Probably some VHSL rule about giving trophies in regular season football games or some crap like that though.