STORM WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cola

Guest old_school

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah on the other thread thats what I was saying is that my BLUES do not have to play salem or any of those teams up the way. They just have to beat teams from this area, so who is going to beat them. GRHAM, VA HIGH, TAZ, C-BURG none of these teams will so someone tell me who will beat them. Maybe sombody in the state finals might, but I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only problem I see Richlands having is in the State semi-finals against Liberty. Liberty is a big,physical football team and both Richlands and Liberty should make it this far. If they do play, it will be a great matchup. I hope someone from this area wins state, doesn't matter if it is Richlands, Tazewell, Graham, whoever. Football teams in the southwest area need another state title to show that we can play football. I graduated from Tazewell but will cheer my heart out for Richlands because I like to see teams in this area put it to the big schools in other parts of the state.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hey, Redneck Nation you left one off that list.

Bulldogs

[/ QUOTE ]

they haven't played each other yet.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank You, Captain Obvious

[/ QUOTE ]

and Thank You, Mister Twistee. The reason I posted that, it read as if the 'dogs should have been put on the list already. It would seem more fitting to add them to the list if we had already played and beaten them. But, thanks for your input. I really do appreciate your reply.

[ QUOTE ]

First of all HELD on last post. I'm wrong Richlands Hosted Salem last year in the semis. They would have to play at Liberty. That changes everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands dropped to Division 3 this year. Last year Tazewell traveled to Gretna for the Division 3 state semi-final game. If Richlands advances to the state semi's, then we would host again this year.

doesn't matter home or away in the playoffs...when you face a team with that much speed. You guys hosted Salem last year...Liberty Bedford could be this year...both have more speed than Richlands...will be interesting if it gets to that point.

Thats the great part of a Storm, its unpredictable. The Storm brewing in Richlands is for tommorow night and the Falcons will try to rise. This Storm will ground the Abingdon Falcons.

The Storm is Coming

The point is not many Tazewell people have even mentioned the Carroll game tonight. All we hear is "The Storm Warning expires on 9/30!" You have two games between now and then. Go play them.

Speed may be a factor with Libery-Bedford, but they have a tendency to be one dimensional. Salem could pass as well as they could run. Recently, it seems that in the last few years, all Liberty can do is run. I'm not saying that Liberty will beat Richlands, or Richlands will beat Liberty.

Right now, as the cliche' goes each need to take one game at a time. I do know that unless a team is completely physically superior to another, relying solely on the run does not guarantee a win. I would venture to say that I haven't seen a team yet that is completely superior to Richlands. Salem's versatility killed Richlands, not just speed.

i was about to say that myself.....salem was more versatile than richlands last year.....the speed issue came from their ability to isolate a linebacker on a back in coverage.....and having a quarterback with the composure to find the open man