COLA!!

pistol4

Wyatt's Riot or Upsetting Bearcats?  

1. 1. Wyatt's Riot or Upsetting Bearcats?

all this b.s. about who we played & didn't play will come to pass when richlands and graham take the field friday night. as we all know the records go out the window & the winner of this will be in the swd drivers seat. yes graham will be hard to shut-out. the richlands def. will be up for the challenge.

points of this game:

1) richlands better off. than graham

2) richlands better def. than graham

3) special teams a big question w/ our kicker fajardo out. but hey we got gayheart who did a excellent job friday night.

good luck blues beat the h*ll out of the g-men. shut-out or not you boys will take care of business in our backyard.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

about the only chance you have will be to score maybe at the end of the game if your lucky!

[/ QUOTE ]

I just hope that the RHS coaches remember that 2 pt. conversion from either 2001 or 2002 that Graham ran on them in the final seconds of a 22-0 beat down. I, for one, hope the RHS coaches give it back to them! tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

about the only chance you have will be to score maybe at the end of the game if your lucky!

[/ QUOTE ]

I just hope that the RHS coaches remember that 2 pt. conversion from either 2001 or 2002 that Graham ran on them in the final seconds of a 22-0 beat down. I, for one, hope the RHS coaches give it back to them! tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a 2-point conversion. It was a touchdown pass with seconds remaining. All Graham had to do was take a knee but chose to run up the score instead.

payback for the '98 game where Richlands did the same near the end maybe? Seems like I remember some flack over Richlands scoring near the end of that game? or was that against someone else? I know Richlands ran the score up on someone in '97 or '98 and got a bad rep for it...I was thinking it was against Graham.

it doesnt matter who did it first second to who or last yes it was not very good to do but i dont think coach was trying to run up the score because over the years he could have against many teams but always chose not to to play his second team. i think that year the team was a good team but the first team had to play the whole game and we will never know for sure but i feel he wanted to toughen them up for a time when the points really meant a win or a loss in a tight game. and this game was not a blow out by any stretch of the word. but it is a little funny that after the passing of coach everyone got on here and was saying their goodbyes and at the same time saying what a class act he was and now saying that was classless lol. it really doesnt matter and most of these kids probably dont remember it. so should not have a bearing on the game at all.

First of all, I'm not about to say anything negative about Coach Carlock. His legend will live a lot longer than any of us will. I just pointed out that Graham chose to tack on a cheap 6 points (what else can you call it when the defense is expecting them to take a knee?) For all I know the QB called they play ala "Varsity Blues" and the coaching staff had nothing to do with it. But anyway you look at it it's wrong to embarrass another team for the sake of embarrassing them.

I thought that had something to do with the Richlands coaches refusing to exchange game film with Graham that year.Or that is what I was told anyway. That is the only time I ever saw Carlock do that in 30 years, so he must have had a reason.

and i agree but it is not like richlands has never ever done something like that and as for the qb calling a play on his own at graham that would not happen and if it did the coaching staff would take it up with them after the game. but reguardless of how you put it you say that graham did it on purpose well who was the head coach of graham at that time. and i know for a fact that coach would not do that to embarass a team just to embarass them. to say that is wrong. coach could have run up scores on many teams but chose not to. and no matter what spin you put on it, still comes across that coach did this on purpose. no other way to take what you said.

it would not be a suprise to me if the coaches at richlands would not exchange films with graham. they have always wanted to beat graham however they could and what better way than not to exchange films like all schools do. but only the coaches at richland know if they did or did not do that. and they are the ones that live with decisions that they make from year to year.

to me it seems funny that the mighty and great tornados need something that happened years ago to get fired up to play graham. what does that say for the team. if they need something like that or the graham graffiti on the mtn in richland to get fired up. if they are as good as everyone says then they dont need any other motivation to play the graham gmen.

Look, you don't throw a td pass on the last play of the game by accident... but who made the decsion and why doesn't matter anyway. It was years ago. I just pointed out to another poster that it was a td pass rather than a 2-point conversion. You're the one trying to lay a guilt trip on me about Coach Carlock. It happened but it doesn't matter now. Forget about it.

not trying to lay guilt trip on anyone richlands people brought it up and i think that it is disrespectful of coach because he is a man that would not run up a score no matter what. nor would he let his players

hey koolaid i have not said anything bad about you and i think i deserve the same and i do know more about graham high football than you will ever know. i have been around it and coach since coach came to graham. and i was at the game in discussion and i know that coach did not try to run up the score on richlands and i took offense in those that think that was the reason. and it is football and i thought that the name of the game is to stop your opponet from scoring no matter when or where it is in the game. no team should ever think that the other team is going to take a knee and let the clock run out. you defend your goal the entire game. as far as your comments about me i take them with the same grain of salt that you do mine. i will always stand up for graham and coach until the day i die. you may be or may not be someone from graham and if you are you need to rethink your attitude about graham high school. you should never forget that game because of all the flack that graham got over that game. people in the swd do not and have not liked graham because they do win and win with class. and that all is because of carlock and how he tought his kids.

How are you sticking up for Carlock? No one from Richlands ever laid blame on him for what happened at the end of that game. The call could have been made by anyone, the point is is that the play happened... on purpose. Sportsmanship... got that? Say it with me now... Sportsmanship. One thing that Graham lacked that night. A team with the word-of-the-day would have kneeled on that play. Richlands was expecting Graham to play with a little, as you call it, class and show some SPORTSMANSHIP.