Graham....

ghs84

will drop to single A in 2007 you will not be allowed to protest after next year.The VHSL will put you in the class you should be and the DIV. and there is nothing anyone can do about it.Got that from Graham coaches friday,so gonna get interesting in a couple years.Anyone have anymore details on this?This was the first I had heard about this before friday.

There is a 4A model floating around the board somewhere. I think the plan is for 2008 or something like that if it's approved, but I don't think it's any more than an idea at this point.

Just talked with a VHSL official here at the State Golf Tourney regarding R&R...

4-Class system idea was defeated and dropped.

Schools will be assigned to a Classifications in 2007 with no appeals to play up or down.

[ QUOTE ]

Just talked with a VHSL official here at the State Golf Tourney regarding R&R...

Schools will be assigned to a Classifications in 2007 with no appeals to play up or down.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they're going to realign with 3 classes? Some move down, some move up?

This VHSL official also told me that it could remain the same as it is and has been with schools appealing to play up. She said that this topic always comes up but the "appeals process" has never been defeated in a vote by the Executive Committee. Anyway, she said nothing is "set in stone" and things could change several times before 2007.

So take all of this info with a grain of salt...

Well from the way I understand it is VHSL will use enrollment to put schools were they should be,and in a way I agree and I dont agree.You have schools that are bigger than others who already play A ball so will that move them back up or what?I dont know the figures that the VHSL uses.If anyone knows please share so we can get an idea of who will be were.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So they're going to realign with 3 classes? Some move down, some move up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the way I understand it as told to me by the VHSL Official..."nutshell version"...

4-Class idea defeated and dropped.

2007...3 classifications, split in thirds, play where you are placed (no appealing to play up or down).

However, this is not "set in stone" and could change by allowing schools to continue to play up (or down in some cases)...in other words, status quo, same as it ever was...

That is what it sounds like to me. And I have one word for the situation......good. It is about time the VHSL put these babies in there place.The Northern part of the state is doing all the crying, but no one wants to do anything about it. Yet they cry for more playoff spots and less for region 4. If they make us play A ball then we leave all that politics behind and can play football once again. I hate it for schools like Richlands who will be forced to play AA, but that is how the cookie crumbles. I love it, let the chips fall where they may.

[ QUOTE ]

"2007...3 classifications, split in thirds, play where you are placed"

In 3rds as in 3 titles for each classification?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, still two divisions in each classification...six titles.

However, by not allowing schools to play up, lots of schools in the Richmond area that play up will be forced to play in their correct classification (some schools with Class A enrollment numbers play up to AAA). This in turn will move some of the larger AA schools up to AAA (schools in NOVA and some larger schools in the Roanoke/Lynchburg area). Actually, the whole idea of "playing up" is really what screws up the whole system and is why you have such a large disparity in some enrollment #s within each classification.

How will it effect Graham by playing Class A??? Well, first off, the Southwest District as we know it will be no more. Unless Richlands' enrollment drops, or several othe schools' increase, the Blue Tornado will remain in AA, as will Carroll Co. Graham, Tazewell, and Grundy will be Class A. Graham will find itself in a totally new district. There are several possibilities for a "new district" however, it will all depend on which direction Graham will want to go. I really forsee Graham, Tazewell, and Grundy remaining in the same district. Add schools like Honaker, Lebanon, George Wythe and you have one heck of a district. As for Graham being thrown into the Mountain Empire District as some plans have indicated, well, don't count on it. Those schools do not want Graham to join their district and frankly, the "match-ups" are less than desirable for all parties involved.

Well really just have to see how this all plays out. As the VHSL official said "nothing is set in stone".

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

"2007...3 classifications, split in thirds, play where you are placed"

In 3rds as in 3 titles for each classification?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, still two divisions in each classification...six titles.

However, by not allowing schools to play up, lots of schools in the Richmond area that play up will be forced to play in their correct classification (some schools with Class A enrollment numbers play up to AAA). This in turn will move some of the larger AA schools up to AAA (schools in NOVA and some larger schools in the Roanoke/Lynchburg area). Actually, the whole idea of "playing up" is really what screws up the whole system and is why you have such a large disparity in some enrollment #s within each classification.

How will it effect Graham by playing Class A??? Well, first off, the Southwest District as we know it will be no more. Unless Richlands' enrollment drops, or several othe schools' increase, the Blue Tornado will remain in AA, as will Carroll Co. Graham, Tazewell, and Grundy will be Class A. Graham will find itself in a totally new district. There are several possibilities for a "new district" however, it will all depend on which direction Graham will want to go. I really forsee Graham, Tazewell, and Grundy remaining in the same district. Add schools like Honaker, Lebanon, George Wythe and you have one heck of a district. As for Graham being thrown into the Mountain Empire District as some plans have indicated, well, don't count on it. Those schools do not want Graham to join their district and frankly, the "match-ups" are less than desirable for all parties involved.

Well really just have to see how this all plays out. As the VHSL official said "nothing is set in stone".

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I counted we were like 30th in enrollment in single A, and both Grundy and Tazewell were close enough to us to make single A. The big loser is Richlands who will be forced to play in the highlands, but at least they get the district title for the forseeable future. But for Graham this is great, I think you very well may see that as a new district, plus money gates with Richlands,Bluefield, Gate City, even Radford and Giles. I don't see how we lose in this unless we are forced to play with Pocy and Bland. This is great for us I think.

question will gate city move to aa or stay a

how about this

LPD GC moves up everything else the same

CD the same

BDD adds grundy

HD adds richlands (too bad for current highlands teams)

new SW with tazewell,graham,lebanon,and george wythe in the REG D

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

sorry about being a little off subject

also where will carroll play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Carroll would probably head to the Piedmont District.

[/ QUOTE ]

River Ridge, or at least, what's left of it...