GRAHAM/TAZEWELL SCORE UPDATE

Nessa0714

let me say this and this only, i was not making any excuses for tazewell with the post i said.

but for another bad call since you said there weren't any, the onside kick didnt go 10 yards before graham touched it!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it did, go ask Bobby Wyatt for the game tape, you will see it did. No need to cry, you are going to come to Bluefield again in a few weeks. Maybe you will win next time who knows. But the refs had no outcome on the game whatsoever. Not tackling had a big part of it though.

Thanks lance. Im glad i went to this game.I know this loss is hard to swallow. Tazewell does have a good team they are very well coached.They block very good and come off the line with a vengence.But glad Graham got this one they deserve it they never gave up I think we have a darn good QB in cole he is going to be something else in the future.He made a smart play by throwing the ball away on one certain play before the half or it would have been a big loss.Tazewell has nothing to be ashamed of they are tough.

that was the weirdest ending i have ever seen,

rob had the first td with like two minutes.

weird interception

LONG touchdown run

weirdest two point converstion ever

weirdest onside kick ever

Tazewell had graham 4th and 5, then jump offside's to make it 4th and about a foot. Then later that drive a guy piled on when they play was over.. 15 more yards. Then Henry scores, but TJ Marrs gets hurt (long snapper) so they carry him on the field, but instead of snapping it he throws a 2 pt. conversion which i thought was the weirdest thing i've ever seen. I don't think that onside kick went 10 yards though, it looked like the graham guy jumped, grabbed it, then brought it over the line.. but its not where he ended up its where he touched it, which wasn't 10 yards. The last 10 henry had, a safety had him on the sideline for a stop, but instead of hitting him, he gave a little push and henry kept his balance and stayed in. I don't think it was drew walker that didn't catch that long pass that got intercepted. If I'm thinking right it was #5, and drew walker is # 15. Tazewell dominated the whole game, but a few mistakes sent the game the other way.

well it really don't matter now the G-Men stuck with it and cuz(Rob Henry) never quit running. We have a hole lot of stuff to correct. I don't believe that it was all the ref's fault at the end of tha game (last 2 minutes) it was more mental. I mean we had them 4th and 4 and shannon graham jumps offsides, then brandon shepard hit rob as he was fallin forward right at the whistle, then the onside kick our guy should of fielded the ball the game was too close for that. take them away and u never know what happens. But for graham good luck for the rest of the season and stay healthy hope 2 see you in the playoff's. ya boi D

hey talk about the refs what about that holding penalty on graham on the punt when he blocked the tazewell receiver while he was moving away from the punt. holding get real. 15 yard penalty on graham then tazewell gained almost 45 yards on the next punt. that was not a holding penalty. i was standing right where it happened. all the kid was block the tazewell guy so he could not get to it. and in reality tazewell had fewer penalties than graham did. do please dont say tazewell had to play the refs and graham. that is a old tune.

i was right there at the game the kick did go the required 10 yards. just admit that it caught tazewell off guard because they were pealing back to block for the return. and as for the safty cole was hit on the 2 yard line and stopped then pushed into the endzone so no safty. sorry man but tazewell played a good game but graham played a better 4th quarter and tazewell only had around 4 or 5 plays the fourth quarter. i dont like when someone come here and says good game and then starts making excuses about the game. there were calls on both sides but over all graham had more calls against them that hurt more than tazewell did. and the main one was on the punt that was downed on tazewells 10 yard line holding called on graham for blocking the tazewell guy after he moved away from the punt. re kick. tazewell gets ball on around the 50 or on grahams side of the50 then scores. so who is to say that if that call was not made that tazewell would have scored then.it is a game and tazewell lost bottom line.

hey i just wanted to say great job to tazewell...it was a great game and we gave everyone what they wanted to see.......it was just in the end we wanted it more....what a game and good luck to Tazewell the rest of the way

[ QUOTE ]

the flag on the punt was for hitting the guy in the back down near the ball!!! it wasnt holding!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there and they did call holdin on that play even tho it wasnt holding, good job G-men and Dawgs, keep fightin to the end, good luck to both.

the play he is talking about that made about a 40 yard difference when they had the "do over" on that punt was for a hit in the back...#81 from Tazewell was running back towards the ball (i have no idea why because he should have just let it go at that point) and there were 2 or 3 Graham guys right there with him..he turned around and started running back towards his own endzone and the Graham kid hit him in the back, ref threw the flag.

There were a lot of strange calls and no calls...I saw a few plays where people were holding right in front of the ref and they didn't throw the flag...then I saw a few plays where thereceivers and DB's had way to much contact that was not flagged...but I'm not going to complain about stuff that's not called because I'd rather see it not called myself if it doesn't affect the play outcome....just let them play ya know?

On the onside kick thing, I thought it went 10 yards easy before Graham caught it...as the other guy pointed out, as soon as the ball was kicked the Tazewell front line started falling back...I don't know if that kick was called or not, because it looked like he just duffed it on accident...but it looked like about 12 yards before it was touched to me, and I was sitting right on the 50 yards line at the top...had a pretty good view of everything.

The 2pt conversion was crazy...i'm not sure it was even legal...lol.

Saunders, you are a good QB buddy...you also had a nice hit down there on the fieldhouse end of the field on defense...I still think they need to run you out of the shotgun more and let you run the ball some more on bootlegs, options, and QB draws...hang in there man.

I thought Tazewell dominated the first 3 quarters and then the wheels came off late in the 4th...wasn't really sure about the clock management there at the end either...but after Graham scored that TD that tied the game Tazewell looked like they had a lot of confusion going on...you could tell it really rattled the cage.

I'm not so sure Henry didn't step out of bounds on that long run though...but with the lines on the field not being visible (wtf is up with that anyway????) you really couldn't tell...I was surprised someone from the Tazewell sideline didn't take a shot at him it was so close...lol.

the call was holding not a block in the back. block in the back is 5 yards holding 10 yards. graham was moved back 10 yards for the punt. so if you want to talk about bad calls then talk about that one also. the ref signaled holding and called holding. and that is a fact. though it did not affect the outcome of the game because in the end graham wanted this game more and gave more in the fourth quarter to get the win against a tough tazewell team. and i dont want to take anything away from tazewell by talking about excuses. so please dont do it either. you have a good team be proud of the way they played the game. it was just a tough 4th quarter for tazewell. it is hard to do much when you only have the ball for around 5 plays or so in a entire quarter.

i agree about the hit in the back lance but it was called holding which it was not and at that point you have to wonder how they decide who is offence and defence i guess graham was still on offence even though the graham kid could not get to the ball to down it unless he went thru the tazewell kid. the call was made and that is it i just did not like it when people start making excuses about the refs for the loss. cause there were many calls as you pointed out that could have been called on both sides that were not. and some that were that maybe should not have been. either way it is difficult to score when you only have the ball for about 5 plays in a quarter. graham came alive in the 4th and looked like they wanted it more at that point. and i think that any team should play to the end and never think that a team is just going to kick the ball away to you.

you have to always think about onsides kick. just ask graham about that. we know cause gretna did that to us on the first kick off of the playoff game against them. and the 2 point conversion is legal the center can snap it to the back behind the line sidways or to the holder which ever you want that is why the formation. if a team is not looking you can get 2 real quick just like graham. plus i dont think the snapper was able to snap the normal way at that time. had to be carried on and off the field for that and for the punt at the end. which on the first snap was low and alamost blocked. he was hurting real bad but chose to play. tazewell played a good game for 3 quarters but i think that the 4th had some to do with graham also not just tazewell being confused.

"I'm not so sure Henry didn't step out of bounds on that long run though...but with the lines on the field not being visible (wtf is up with that anyway????) you really couldn't tell...I was surprised someone from the Tazewell sideline didn't take a shot at him it was so close...lol."

They showed that run on WVVA news, They got a good shot of the sidelines and he didn't step out.