Who is the best coach in southwest virginia.....

wvuraiders

People forget what coach wyatt did at Poachontas before his final years when it started to get ugly.. I know he turned around a struggling team in the 80's to a playoff team every year in the early 90's. He also won the state coach of the year in 1990.

Simple Question! Easy Answer!

(In any order)

1. Robbins

2. Colobro

3. Turner

These three (besides Carlock) have consistently fielded top teams and won many state titles. The other coaches mentioned still are making a name. These names have already been burned in the annals of VA high scholl football.

[ QUOTE ]

Coach Greg Mance. He has never had a losing season, in his 9 years as coach @ Richlands.

[/ QUOTE ]

In 1999 I believe it was, Richlands finished up 2-8. I think thats the only losing season he has ever had. The next year they finished 5-5.

[ QUOTE ]

You people kill me. He was mentioned. Page 3. By Lance, of all people. Go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its safe to say that there was a certain degree of sarcasm in Lance's statement smirk.gif

This Year, I would say Mance and his assistants. They are a team and I watch them study and learn as a group. They have years of experience among them and its starting to show.

i'm goin to have to say the richlands coaching staff cause they work with us as a group and 1-on-1 and they studay and learn from our mistakes and i think coach palmer is probably the best defensive coach in he swd and probably around her and also nick colobro from gate city is one heck of a coach and also bobby wyat from tazewell is one heck of a coach also i mean come on a guy who brings a team with a 1-9 record the year before and then going on to the state-semi's and this year also he is having success so those are the top coaches in my opinion

Answer to VHSfan999 on how many State Titles Tom Turner, who coaches the Appalachia Bulldogs has won. This is a May 2005 release from the (Virginia High School Hall of Fame.) Of course the wins have grown since May and he surpassed the 200 wins mark early in the 2005 season. I would like to add that the Appalachia Bulldogs will be in the playoffs this 2005 season as well. wink.gif

Thomas L. Turner

Appalachia High School

Over 25 years coaching football at Appalachia High School, Tom Turner has established a record of 198-103-

His teams have won 11 regional championships, finished as state runners-up three times and claimed five state

championships. He was National Coach of the Year in 1994. As a student at the school, Tom led both the

football and basketball teams to state championships, winning All-State honors for himself in both sports.