Graham and Carroll

oldskool

[ QUOTE ]

49-7 Graham, with 2 TD's called back on penalties. Other than about 4 personal fouls called against Graham, we were pretty solid. Bring on the dawgs!

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not want the dawgs again!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

What the heck happened to the Carroll team that played Richlands last week?

[/ QUOTE ]

They only show up for home games?

[/ QUOTE ]

And they brought their Refs with them...definitely some one-sided officiating tonight...good thing for Carroll Co. or it would have been worse!

How in God's name did that team play with Richlands???

Comments on Carroll Co...#1 is the stud on that team...he is the ONLY player that did anything...#55 is going to be sore tomorrow, if he isn't already...he was getting killed ALL NIGHT on the line of scrimmage, not to mention that nasty block he was on the wrong end of on one of the punt returns...this team goes no further than the first round of the playoffs...

[ QUOTE ]

thanks CPF. I don't know why VHScats even commented.

[/ QUOTE ]

All CPF did was give you the score and say that Graham played well. How hard is it to figure out that they played well when they won like that? It's not like you said, "can I have some stats on the game"? You asked for updates, which would imply the score, which was in the scoreboard thread. Excuse me for promoting organization.

Guest Woolybugger

[ QUOTE ]

well, Graham did not have to go to CC, so I am sure that explains some of it, but still yet awesome job.

[/ QUOTE ]

GAWD I'm sick of hearing about the refs and CC games. You beat the snot out of a good team that hadn't gotten over the Richlands game either physically or mentally. Be happy with that.

As for the two TDs called back, Graham wound up scoring anyway, altho one was a FG.

And the question isn't How did Carroll play with Richlands. The question is – How did Graham not. Robert Henry and the O-line impressed the crud out of me. The Galax sports writer told me he had 300 yards. I bet 299 of them were after contact, and 250 of them were after a second hit.

Good luck in the playoffs Graham, Carroll and the rest of the SWD.

CC will be better in two weeks.

First off I could see that they won the game. You didn't have to be a smart A-- and make it a point for me to look at the update link. Everyone else knew that I was wanting to know what happened in the game. Maybe you're still upset at what we did to you all last week I don't know but I guess you'll have another smart comment about that too.

I think it was obvious that our guys had not recovered either physically or mentally from the game last week against Richlands. They seemed to be flat from the beginning, and Graham jumped on them early. I know that the guys have to be able to bounce back, the coaches have to get them fired up, etc. but that is easier to say than to accomplish, especially after a game like we had last week. We had several players that were banged up and others that had been sick all week. At the other end of the emotional spectrum, I was listening to the Graham broadcast of the game and heard that earlier in the day they had named the road by the school in honor of their late coach. I'm sure the G-men were fired up, and it showed. I'm not saying we would have won because I was very impressed with Graham, but I do think the game would have been more competitive. I guess you are only as good as your last game, but I do think we are much better than we showed last night. Anyway, good luck to all of the SWD teams in the playoffs.

earlier in the week everyone was talking how cc was equal to graham and it would be a close game or cc would win because of how they played richlands. now after getting their heads handed to them on a platter everyone is saying they did not have it tonight and had not recovered from the richlands game. the point is that graham is that much better than cc. and proved it again tonight. as far as why graham did not do well against richland first of all richlands is a very very good team. graham was without starting qb and the backup did not do good because richlands got to him and flustered him. since graham went to cole the freshman they have been playing a lot better football. and i think it would be a different game against richlands now. but first have to get past the first round of the playoffs. before can think about that. but give graham the credit that is due them they are a good team now and playing and peaking at the right time. as far as naming the road after coach the team dedicated this season to him so i dont think that made that big a difference in the game.

My thoughts on this game. I only watched the first half. Didn't see any point in staying for the rest. It was obvious from the beginning that Carroll wasn't "There". Graham drove effortlessly down field on their first possession. Henry looked like he was moving at half speed yet no one was tackling him. He practically walked the last 10 yards of his first touchdown.

Carroll fumbles on their first possession and Graham converted it into another score. Carroll then comes back out and throws an interception which was returned for another touchdown. 19-0 Graham. It was obvious at that point Carroll was going to put up no fight whatsoever.

This wasn't the same team that played Richlands last week. Not even close. The Richlands offense played a bad game but nowhere near as bad as the Carroll defense played last night. It was like they wanted to be somewhere else. They had no fire. No spark. They were just going through the motions.

#5 Will Cole. Very nice QB. I don't look forward to seeing him for three more years.

i knew Graham would win but I thought it would be closer...and everyone has an off night...it's not that right to say that CC is that bad overall just because they had a bad night...and i still stand by what i said, i think CC and Graham are pretty equal teams with Graham having the edge at overall team speed...might be a good thing for CC to get this out of their system before the playoffs...as for Graham, you guys are one and out in the playoffs because you won't beat Tazewell again...Richlands will kill Va High...then Tazewell and Richlands will hook up for a barn burner for the Region that I think will be a lot closer than people think...so enjoy your spoils for another week or two because Tazewell is your seasons end Graham fans. smile.gif

CC...i hate you guys...lol...can't believe i just "defended you"...lol...but I wish you guys nothing but the best in the playoffs...and everyone has an off night...learn and move on to the next game.

BigD i dont blame u for leaving after the first half if i could have i would have. we didnt play up to our best but for the most part it was grahams night senior night homecoming night home field last reg. season game, so on and so forth. alls fr. QB is really really good, and big for his age. yall back he ran over us all night long. there was a lot of times that we had him down in th back field and he keep his feet moving and just got threw it and had a long run. if any one could get his yards after th first hit or w/e i would like to see it. and as far as the refs quit complaning G Man there SWD refs. yall are a great team and i think yall take more away from yalls good win last night by complaning about the refs then anything eles.

Good job G-men best of luck in th playoffs.

[ QUOTE ]

CC...i hate you guys...lol...can't believe i just "defended you"...lol...but I wish you guys nothing but the best in the playoffs...and everyone has an off night...learn and more on to the next game.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank u lance.