Ready for some football?

VirginiaPreps

yea boy u got to take richlands...but the same tricks wont get them there this year but when u look at all the teams in southwest virginia, no one really has anything but richlands....grundy cant put a team together, carrol loses everyone, tazewell, well enough said there, and graham should be the tuffest opponents for richlands....but richlands has a hard road ahead of them in playoffs as they travel this year......but they got to take it one game at a time...

Graham is my favorite to win the SWD, Giles to win the Three Rivers... those are the only two districts I am familiar with. Graham and Richlands will be a battle this year. Graham has too much speed and it will be the difference.

Richlands has got to be the favorite...followed by Tazewell since this is Wyatt's first true team and I look for them to be pretty good this year...Carroll County next with a program that's growing stronger each year, even though i'm not a CC fan...Graham - they have a lot of pre-season hype so far with a lot of excitement in the program, but i'm thining it might be a game or two before they gel and that might cost them in the district with the others being strong...then Grundy - termoil with a lot of question marks after last year...hopefully they will be the sleeper, and that's not a bad place to be.

Richlands always has a hard time getting past Tazewell for some reason...should be interesting.

good point,but graham should make some noise this year.and hype is what its all about in the pre season.but i dont expect graham to place 3rd or 4th 1st or 2nd maybe,but hey who knows anything can happen.i just hope everybody stays healthy and have fun because senoirs this is it you cant go back and do again.

if richlands has a problem handling speed i think they would have had a hard time winning that 7 on 7 last week........ they won't face any more speed from graham than they did from the teams they beat in that tournament.

u know me i love richlands football....heck its apart of who i am..but on this matter i beg to differ...brown can absolutely fly..we seen no one faster last year and we got to watch the best around play at uvas 7 on 7....carpenters got some speed to...so graham is going to be a dog fight...man i love it..

its just flat out wrong to suggest richlands did not see speed equal to graham at the uva 7 on 7.....awhile back someone said steve brown had been lasertimed at 4.57 or 4.58 for the 40.....there were several players at that tournament who have lasertimed under 4.55......just 2 examples are kris burd of matoaca (4.50) and gianni harris of orange county (4.54).....and its not just one player who makes a team fast...its the total collective speed of a team.....tidewater teams are some of the fastest in the country....plus the schools are 3 times the size of sw district teams........

I agree with someone who posted earlier, Richlands will be able to score points. The jury is still out on the defense and they will not have a verdict until they face Gate City.I have watched several teams from Richlands and that was the best defensive team, period.Can they keep the other team off the field???????

this will be a competetive game and i dont look to see a bunch of points on the scoreboard.but i know who will win(the better team on that night)but it will be played at mitchell stadium and thats probably the only edge we will have.if we can contain the dynamic duo i like our chances,but it will be tough,the blue tornado are very strong again this year.

[ QUOTE ]

its just flat out wrong to suggest richlands did not see speed equal to graham at the uva 7 on 7.....awhile back someone said steve brown had been lasertimed at 4.57 or 4.58 for the 40.....there were several players at that tournament who have lasertimed under 4.55......just 2 examples are kris burd of matoaca (4.50) and gianni harris of orange county (4.54).....and its not just one player who makes a team fast...its the total collective speed of a team.....tidewater teams are some of the fastest in the country....plus the schools are 3 times the size of sw district teams........

[/ QUOTE ]

from what i heard Wills Murray was smoking steve brown in 40's last summer so that 4.5 is probably bs

Wills...smokin Stevie??? dont make us laugh...i mean i know Wills is fast and all...but not faster than Stevie...and Steve's 40 times arent "BS" they are true....run laser-timed i believe...

[ QUOTE ]

I hear Brown is so quick that he can flip off the light switch and get into bed before the lights actually go out...

[/ QUOTE ]

no.hes faster than that.he can flip the switch read a book and count backwards from 100 before it gets dark.he is so fast that it will be saturday before bluefield will even see his cleat marks.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I hear Brown is so quick that he can flip off the light switch and get into bed before the lights actually go out...

[/ QUOTE ]

no.hes faster than that.he can flip the switch read a book and count backwards from 100 before it gets dark.he is so fast that it will be saturday before bluefield will even see his cleat marks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, he sounds amazing!